Thread: RT-622 Trailer

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default RT-622 Trailer

We are looking to buy a RT-622 Trailer. Anyone have one for sail? We are south central USA.

We have found one.
    Last edited by Deer Lady; 03-29-2014 at 02:57 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Lady View Post
    We are looking to buy a RT-622 Trailer. Anyone have one for sail? We are south central USA.
    I love my BRP RT 622 trailer. Wouldn't sell it for anything. Check ebay. Some dealers are deep discounting leftover 13's. Should be able to purchase for $1900-$2500. I picked up a matching color 2012 for $1900.

These are great trailers. Do not settle for anything less. They have torsion bar suspension and shocks that you can adjust for the load. ( not to mention they look awesome with the Spyder as they are designed to do. Many other features found only on this trailer also!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for tne great information. we will look on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    I love my BRP RT 622 trailer. Wouldn't sell it for anything. Check ebay. Some dealers are deep discounting leftover 13's. Should be able to purchase for $1900-$2500. I picked up a matching color 2012 for $1900.

These are great trailers. Do not settle for anything less. They have torsion bar suspension and shocks that you can adjust for the load. ( not to mention they look awesome with the Spyder as they are designed to do. Many other features found only on this trailer also!

Spyder Garage

WOW - You stole that trailer. Our dealership was going to sell us the one they have at their cost which was $4000. I cannot believe you found such a great deal. Great for you. We just picked up a used (barely - not even one long trip) but it was quite a bit more than that.

Spyder Garage

I would agree you almost stole that trailer. Purchased a new 2013 lava brown still in crate at dealers cost 4000.00. Then had to travel to pick up, then traveled some to purchase a hitch because none can be found here locally.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default What color?

What color are you looking for?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Looking for white trailer to match our two White RT's
    Last edited by Deer Lady; 03-27-2014 at 05:04 PM.

Spyder Garage

For a good price color doesn't matter!

Spyder Garage

I'm looking for one myself to match the blue that is no longer offered on the current models.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by C_Boogie View Post
    I'm looking for one myself to match the blue that is no longer offered on the current models.
    Keep looking they are out there. Ebay, Craigs list and numerous other spider sites. Friend of mine just bought one for $2200 on crags list from a dealer. Check the other spider sights.

These were not a hot selling Item and many dealers still have older model years in stock that they would love to sell at a deep discount or loss. Reason is they are damned expensive.(at least the list price.) Dealer I bought mine from was asking $2500. I offered $1900 plus tax and they took it. It was a 2012 and matched exactly my 2013 RTS SE5. If you compare with Bushtec the list is about $1000 more. There is a tremendous mark up in both the Spyders and the trailers. Do not over pay. I bought a late 2013 with $7495 discount and am quite happy. $2500 of this was factory discount and two extra years of warranty (total four years). Yea I am hard to deal with. I am also a cash customer. (now spending my kids inheritance)

Spyder Garage

Keep looking they are out there. Ebay, Craigs list and numerous other spider sites. Friend of mine just bought one for $2200 on crags list from a dealer. Check the other spider sights.

These were not a hot selling Item and many dealers still have older model years in stock that they would love to sell at a deep discount or loss. Reason is they are damned expensive.(at least the list price.) Dealer I bought mine from was asking $2500. I offered $1900 plus tax and they took it. It was a 2012 and matched exactly my 2013 RTS SE5. If you compare with Bushtec the list is about $1000 more. There is a tremendous mark up in both the Spyders and the trailers. Do not over pay. I bought a late 2013 with $7495 discount and am quite happy. $2500 of this was factory discount and two extra years of warranty (total four years). Yea I am hard to deal with. I am also a cash customer. (now spending my kids inheritance)
    I am calling you the next time we buy something.

I felt we got a decent deal on ours as we are getting it delivered from 5 hours away without the usual charge. It is black and we have red and blue RTs so we are thinking about doing a flag wrap on it so it doesn't matter which one pulls it. We will have to get two hitches but just going for one at this point since they aren't exactly giving those away either.

Spyder Garage

Call me I will be glad to help.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default I have one...

Looking for white trailer to match our two White RT's
    I have brand new white one i'll sell at cost and include the mount...

You can call me at the store of you'd like @321-725-7225

Spyder Garage

Default Something's fishy here...

Quote Originally Posted by Route1motorsports View Post
    I have brand new white one i'll sell at cost and include the mount...

You can call me at the store of you'd like @321-725-7225

I called and he wanted $4000.00 for it. Seems pretty expensive to me, at cost and all.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default I'm not a fisherman

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    I called and he wanted $4000.00 for it. Seems pretty expensive to me, at cost and all.
    By no means do I want you to think I'm pulling some "fishy" deal...

My offer was a brand new trailer in the color you need with the hitch for $4k.

I believe that is a very fair offer. Now I can't compete with a private seller that wants to off his trailer for whatever price he deems necessary..

I am offering you a brand new trailer with hitch from a reputable dealer at a pretty good price. Please don't confuse my offer for a "fishy deal"

Sorry if you thought in anyway I was trying to "pull a fishy deal"..It truly was not my intention what-so-ever.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Same boat

Call me I will be glad to help.
    I am in the same boat. If I can find a non current RT622 in white or blue that a dealer wants to part with for under $2000, well then I am travelling to pick it up and making a small holiday out of it, or arranging for shipping to the boarder. Just point me in the right direction.

Spyder Garage

It sounds like a good and fair deal to me since it includes a $500 hitch and module. Now, if it included hitch installation that would be an great deal. The 622 is a great trailer. I bought mine and sold it three years later for exactly what I paid for it. JMO
    Last edited by stevedfive; 03-28-2014 at 04:00 PM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

I believe that is a very fair offer. Now I can't compete with a private seller that wants to off his trailer for whatever price he deems necessary..

I am offering you a brand new trailer with hitch from a reputable dealer at a pretty good price. Please don't confuse my offer for a "fishy deal"

Sorry if you thought in anyway I was trying to "pull a fishy deal"..It truly was not my intention what-so-ever.
    Doesn't sound fishy to me...
    They go for 5K up here so 20% off + hitch is more than reasonable for a brand new trailer.
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Guy View Post
    Doesn't sound fishy to me...
    They go for 5K up here so 20% off + hitch is more than reasonable for a brand new trailer.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Sounds like a very good deal to me.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Default Not in my book.

I guess I just don't see that as a good deal! Remember, it's not a '14. He didn't know what year it was and I didn't wait for him to look it up.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The dealer in Henderson, NV, Proshop Motorsports & Marine has a silver one for sale. I believe it is used and on consignemnt.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

We really would have thought that was a good deal. It isn't that much more than we paid for ours, especially with the hitch. Our dealer offered one without the hitch for the same amount. I like a good deal but I wouldn't want to make someone take it in the shorts to do it. You have to make a living. You can't give it away and feed your family.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Premium

The basic problem is that every thing can-am spyder seems over priced to begin with, including 622 trailer, IMHO. Consider that you can buy some new mc camper trailers for less than the 622?
    I don't begrudge a sales person making a profit, but maybe brp wholesale pricing to dealers is the culprit?

Spyder Garage

Remember that an older new, not current year, trailer is factory rebated. This is a service the factory provides to prevent a back log of out of date merchandise and the dealer will order more current year models. Check with dealers out west. They are more used to discounting. Don't expect deep discounting on current year models.

Be patient and keep checking adds. Best time to buy anything is end of the year closeouts as dealers want to clear floor for next years models.