Spyder Garage

Default Looking for "How To" install of USB in RT panel........

I've done several searches but haven't gotten any results. So wondering if someone can direct me to the proper entry or provide me with instructions on now to do this on an '11 RT-S? Would like to put a powered USB port in the space between the toggle switched on the RT panel. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Jim

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boomerkc View Post
    I've done several searches but haven't gotten any results. So wondering if someone can direct me to the proper entry or provide me with instructions on now to do this on an '11 RT-S? Would like to put a powered USB port in the space between the toggle switched on the RT panel. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Jim
    The easiest place to put a powered USB in the visible console area is put it on one of the speaker grills.

Use one of these.

2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boomerkc View Post

Jim

If you are still using analog gauges you can disconnect them and go digital and have two open spots on your dash out of your way.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

MOgang Member & Pyro-Man kevorama's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This is my thread on how to add a 12v outlet through your speaker grill. You can do the same and place a double USB cigarette lighter type charger in it. What you plug into your new 12v outlet is up to you. I hope this helps.

Kevin

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...evorama+outlet

As MOGANG, I'll be at SpyderFest 2014 if you need any help.
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow.”
    James Dean

Spyder Garage

Not quite step by step, but here's my description and pictures of putting a 12V socket in the grille. I just have a 12V to dual USB I put in when I want it and keep it in the glove box if it is going to rain. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...l=1#post712490

Of course, you can get the USB in the same form factor and the install would be exactly the same.

Ask if you have questions.
    2013 RT , Red