Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Panasonic releases a new wearable video camera

Panasonic introduced the HX-A500, a 4K wearable camera that will record video that’s more vivid than 1080p (the limit of most mainstream high-definition cameras).
    I like some of the features...but the only question is whether or not the mount (which normally would clip on to your ear sans helmet) can be converted to mount on the outside of a helmet. If so, this may solve the problem with shaky video from a camera mounted on the bike.
    Source:
    https://www.yahoo.com/tech/panasonic...589689809.html

Another viable option is the Virb:
    (http://sites.garmin.com/virb/

Although I must say that my cell phone mounted on my bike with a RAM mount doesn't do too shabby...until I get a real vid camera later this Spring.
    Spyder vids shot with my cell phone:

Last edited by Spyder Tony; 03-25-2014 at 12:33 PM.

Spyder Garage

On the pricey side. Hopefully the microphone is in the main unit not the camera so the audio would be clear. That's the main gripe I have with my ContourHD. My GoPro does ok,just muffled inside the waterproof housing.

Spyder Garage

At $700+ it's twice the cost of a VIRB or GoPro. Think I'll stick to my VIRB or Cell Phone

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    At $700+ it's twice the cost of a VIRB or GoPro. Think I'll stick to my VIRB or Cell Phone
    I agree...the price point is way too high to be competitive at this time. I am very interested in the VIRB...how do you like yours? Is the image stabilization effective enough when mounted on the Spyder?

Spyder Garage

I do not regret buying the VIRB Elite, I'm still in the learning mode but I like the fact that there is almost no distortion on the edges like some cameras and there are also a nice selection of overlays. This video was taken with the camera mounted to the dash. I have since learned to muffle the sound.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Nice video Dragonfly...not nearly as much vibration as I thought there might be. Thanks for the info!!!