Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default How to find used parts

I am buying an 2009 can am spyder. There are a few things I need to get and have been looking around. Some of the can am stuff is more then HD! Anyway I need a backrest so I can take my girls for rides (12,15,&18) does not need to be new or fancy! Also floorboards that go in front of the brake. There may be a name for those but not sure. I could also use a break extender if those are even made lol! I have looked on Craigslist & ebay!

Spyder Garage

Give some of the sponsors a try. They are on the home page of SL. Accessories are pricey, but so is anything that has to do with our great toys.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I know that there's a bunch of Cycle Salvage places around... It wouldn't hurt to take a peek at them...
    Happy Hunting!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by amyred3 View Post
    I am buying an 2009 can am spyder. There are a few things I need to get and have been looking around. Some of the can am stuff is more then HD! Anyway I need a backrest so I can take my girls for rides (12,15,&18) does not need to be new or fancy! Also floorboards that go in front of the brake. There may be a name for those but not sure. I could also use a break extender if those are even made lol! I have looked on Craigslist & ebay!

Floorboards in front of brakes sounds like "Highway Pegs". You can get them from Lamont

Brake Extenders sound like "oversize brake pedal" You can get them from TricLed

Not sure about a backrest for 2009 but some others can steer you in the right direction

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by amyred3 View Post

Trying to get advice on inexpensive parts on here is like wearing a kick-me sign. I have given up. You will get the "You get what you pay for" line 90% of the time. Truth is it's a lot of luck and persistence that works best. Check the 4 sale by owner section and Ebay. I got a Roadkrome Backrest for about $200 on Ebay. and a Bestem T-Box for $80. They are not as stylish as the Can-Am products but they serve the purpose and are what I can afford. Most Spyder owner have deep pockets.
    If you are interested in some DIY leds try this site. You can get a 15ft role for under $20. It is easy to do them yourself.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40
    Last edited by danlnc; 03-24-2014 at 11:15 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I like kicking around in EBay... once in a while; you'll find a real gem!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default PARTS

Quote Originally Posted by danlnc View Post
    Trying to get advice on inexpensive parts on here is like wearing a kick-me sign. I have given up. You will get the "You get what you pay for" line 90% of the time. Truth is it's a lot of luck and persistence that works best. Check the 4 sale by owner section and Ebay. I got a Roadkrome Backrest for about $200 on Ebay. and a Bestem T-Box for $80. They are not as stylish as the Can-Am products but they serve the purpose and are what I can afford. Most Spyder owner have deep pockets.
    If you are interested in some DIY leds try this site. You can get a 15ft role for under $20. It is easy to do them yourself.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40
    Dan, I agree with the DIY and I sent Him a PM the day He posted............However I have not heard any thing back from Him, either He doesn't know how to PM or He's just plain RUDE.....Mike