Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Fender eliminator kit for 08 spyder

I'm wondering if anyone has or makes a fender eliminator kit for a 08 GS spyder or if anyone has some pics I want the one right under the rear seat not on the axle or on the sides thanks for any help

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dhufford07 View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone has or makes a fender eliminator kit for a 08 GS spyder or if anyone has some pics I want the one right under the rear seat not on the axle or on the sides thanks for any help
    Not likely you'll find one...at least not one that is legal. Owners that first tried them had lots of problems...the license plates hit the tire when straight, or even at a reasonable angle. When canted enough to miss the tire, they couldn't be read so they were not legal. Numerous vibration caused bracket failures, too. Best results have been obtained from a fender transplant. I forget the motorcycle the fender came from. Some have had success with side brackets, but they suffer vibration related losses, too, and only the ones where the plate is horizontal are legal in some states.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

DrewNJ did a fender transplant on his Spyder. I think it was off of a Kawasaki Ninja do a search for ZX14 Rear Fender.
    Last edited by hchays; 03-22-2014 at 08:40 PM.

Spyder Garage

What about the new offering from BRP?

Spyder Garage

I am one of the ones that tried the eliminator kit fail miserably and actually damaged my Spyder. I did this, and its FREE!! I did mount an LED light that I got on ebay that cost me like $5 for two of them. Used the bolts that it came with, drilled some holes out and bolted it in. If you looks close you can see the LED above the plate.
    2012-03-19_13-25-31_514.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by teadave View Post
    I just installed one of these on my wife's new ST. I love it, I just cant stand that stock fender, and it eliminates a whole bunch of unsprung weight. The manual with the kit made reference to the 2008 models so I think it will fit. $299 and well worth it!
    Last edited by RandyL; 03-31-2014 at 08:16 PM.
    2019 Spyder F3-T, white

arntufun

Here is another option including the plate lights for less than $20.00. I have been running it this way for a few years and there are no issues as long as your rear shock turned up.
    frozen nutz 002.jpg
    Last edited by arntufun; 03-24-2014 at 01:35 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Here is mine

I did it for about 10 bucks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Check with your local authorities. In Michigan license plates that are not perpendicular to the road will get you a ticket in many communities.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BRP's kit may just be your best option...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Check with your local authorities. In Michigan license plates that are not perpendicular to the road will get you a ticket in many communities.
    I have wondered the same thing with where mine is located. But, I have had a few cops behind me that never pulled me over (if they even noticed it) and one that did pull me over, for speeding, and never said anything about my license plate or the fact that I have no fenders

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=5PYD3R;779264]I am one of the ones that tried the eliminator kit fail miserably and actually damaged my Spyder. I did this, and its FREE!! I did mount an LED light that I got on ebay that cost me like $5 for two of them. Used the bolts that it came with, drilled some holes out and bolted it in. If you looks close you can see the LED above the plate.
    2012-03-19_13-25-31_514.jpg[/QUOUT;

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000WK3I98/..._M3T1_ST1_dp_1

I copied 5PYD3R and have the above light on order to provide plenty of Light on cloudy days.
    The nice thing about this install is the plate is angled to same way the tire turns so if it brushes up against a little on a bad bump it does not tear the plate OFF. I have to keep my rear shock at #4 so its far enough away from the tire. Never stopped by the Local Police and with the 6 LEDS its going to look super. The BRP one is way over priced if you ask me?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Looks good!
    Have you received any extra attention, from the LEOs in Connecticut?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Leftover ZX14 R fender for me. No regrets so far!

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default love the look

I love the look of the no rear finder only couple questions. When riding in the rain how bad is the water coming of the rear tire and when two up does the second rider get stuff kicked up on them?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default BRP Sport Fender

I installed the BRP factory sport fender kit on my 2013 ST about a month ago. Absolutely love it was thinking about going the ZX 14 fender but just didn't like the belt totally exposed and with the right side cover over the caliper really balances the look. For me well worth $299 price. Also installed the Spyderpops belt guard. Love the setup and trouble free do far.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RandyL View Post
    I just installed one of these on my wife's new ST. I love it, I just cant stand that stock fender, and it eliminates a whole bunch of unsprung weight. The manual with the kit made reference to the 2008 models so I think it will fit. $299 and well worth it!
    It may look ok. But is it just me, or is everything from BRP WAY OVERPRICED??

John

Full Moon 08' SM5, Luggage rack, back rest, Kewlmetal mirror extensions, trunk spring, hidden trunk release cable, ride-on, remote garage openers, header wrap, Lamonster's air box catch can, CHAD, NMN double play w/ LED running/signals, heated gloves (gerbing), dzus fasteners, led fender tip lights, spyderpops missing air dam, tric rings, tric fender strips, spyderpops heat shield and missing air damn, Nexx X1R1 helmet.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RandyL View Post
    are those just reflectors or are they functional lighting?

Spyder Garage

I have had mine off for a while now. Initially had issue with "1" cop pulling me over. He said he had a hard time seeing my plate, so I bent it down, about 1/2 inch. It ended up hitting tire ( nothing broke, just bent lip of plate ), so I bent it back. No problem in over a year. You will get wet in rain, but, um, its raining

Spyder Garage

That's exactly what I am looking for. Do you have a part number for the kit?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Phobius View Post
    That's exactly what I am looking for. Do you have a part number for the kit?
    but if this what asking about
    Quote Originally Posted by teadave View Post
    BRP Part # 219400400 •black $300 2014 & prior RS ,ST in old catalogue
    Includes fender lateral covers license plate relocator & light. With the RS& ST dropped part probably discontinued alternative:
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...on-Spyder-rs-s
    Last edited by Bfromla; 10-10-2020 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Link

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Corbin also had a modified rear fender back in 08. I had one of those on my GS.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I did see it was an old post but 2 things came for reading and replying to it. 1st I saw what I was looking for and 2nd you replied with the info I requested/needed.
    I will tell you that there are some on Ebay, and that there is at least one for sale that is just the fender without the Belt and Brake covers.
    Thanks for replying, it's nice to see people are still willing to help out.

Spyder Garage

Thinking about doing this for my 2012 RS-S SE5 using THIS bracket mounted onto the under tail cover with a metal backing plate. Plan would include routing the license plate light wiring under the cover piece. My concerns are as follows:

--On the right side, there is no support or guide for the emergency brake cable or for the wheel speed sensor wire
    --On the left side, you lose the upper belt guard (which is mounted to the fender support arm) and have an unfinished look (fender support will be deleted) on the lower belt guard--guess option is to eliminate lower belt guard too.

What have those who have done this done?? Pics please!!

Thanks in advance!

Spyder Garage

You could try this site if they are still operational. I got a great rear guard set up for my GS Spyder but it was a few years ago now https://www.vertikatrykescanada.ca/index.shtml