Spyder Garage

Default Repainting an RT622?

Has anyone repainted an RT622? I seem to recall on being made congac. What kind of cost range did that take to change the color?

There is a reasonable priced one semi local, but I think I would change the color if that price is reasonable.
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Spyder Garage

Mine was don end $$ 1'500 + paint $$ 350.00 looks good now. But find the right person to do it right or might turn out like S...Ty .let us know nd pisto when one

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jwulf74 View Post
    Has anyone repainted an RT622? I seem to recall on being made congac. What kind of cost range did that take to change the color?

There is a reasonable priced one semi local, but I think I would change the color if that price is reasonable.
    Repainted two r622's. One pearl white & one lava bronze.
    Both done at a local body shop where I supplied the paint. Cost for each was $450 and the paint was $110.
    Make sure they take both lids off to paint.
    Also be aware that the clear Mylar stone guard on the front is expensive from BRP.
    We used bed liner sprayed on instead.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

MOgang Member & Pyro-Man kevorama's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Yep, that Mylar covering is like gold... at least that's what they charge for it. There are other options as previously mentioned.
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow.”
    James Dean

Spyder Garage

I had a new left over black 2010 painted lava bronze for 450$ including paint. This was my second trailer painted the same color. I had a silver Json ion trailer painted prior. The same company did both but the first was a much better paint match. It's very hard to tell, I don't think anyone else has commented but I'm picky. I found out after the fact that the original paint mixer guy had left and they had a new guy.

I would recommend buying and supplying the original paint yourself. I did have the BRP stone guard put back on if I remember correctly I think it was around 180$

I purchased the shop manual on PDF and stripped the trailer down to just it's shell and wheels.
    Lids off, carpet out, lights off, everything off..

So all the paint shop did was the paint prep.

no doubt I will have it done again some time as I trade my current spyder in the future, I would happily pay more for perfection.

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

500.00 plus paint at a local body shop. Looks great

cruzr joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Thanks guys! That $350 - $500ish range was what I was guessing and it is good to hear that is close.
    2010 RT622 - Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jwulf74 View Post
    Thanks guys! That $350 - $500ish range was what I was guessing and it is good to hear that is close.

Here is a photo of Orbital Blue transformed to Lava Bronze with Bedliner stone guard in front.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

Was gray now white

image.jpg

Cruzr joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Joe is that your egg (622)?

Spyder Garage

We got a deal done on a trailer....now to decide on leaving it black, painting it red or blue or doing a wrap (thinking red white and blue flag style).
    2010 RT622 - Black

Spyder Garage

Had a white 622 painted "yaller".

Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Mine is in for painting right now. $500 but I stripped it down to just the shell and lids mostly because I did not want anything masked. Should be ready be the end of the week. Any idea how much you paid for the Mylar from BRP?