Spyder Garage

Default Tric LED Reactor Ring Install

Finally after this long winter I got a chance to install the TricLED front hood reactor ring. I decided to do it differently by using a high capacity small foot print lithium 12v battery operated by remote control. The battery, remote control module and the ring itself are all connected with barrel connectors making it super easy to disconnect if I ever need to remove the frunk lid. The battery and remote control module tuck neatly into the mesh pocket in the front of the frunk liner, which I was not using anyways. I expect the battery will last 8 hours of continuous operation between charges. In the pictures, I placed the battery, remote control module and remote controller on the frunk lid for display. After drilling the hole for the wires from the reactor ring i drilled one more hole through the support then hot glued the wire terminal blocks into a spot that looks like it was meant for them. The finished ring is shown lit, but it is much more impressive for real. The remote has several different flashing patterns with brightness and speed control. The same remote control and controller that TricLED sells I got for $4 direct from China delivered. The battery was $28 with barrel connectors installed with a wall charger.
    This was a quick alternative to routing wires to a power source and installing yet another switch (already have 3 for the other LED's). Thought this may be an idea for others that may not want to splice into the Spyder power.
    Let me know if you want info on any of the items for purchasing.

IMG_20140321_191010.jpgIMG_20140321_185521.jpgIMG_20140321_192028.jpg

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Love the looks, and what a great idea !

Spyder Garage

Default IDEA

I like that battery power idea. sent you a pm for parts request!
    '' RIDE -WINE - DINE LIKE ITS YOUR LAST DAY- SO MAKE IT COUNT DAILY''
    2013 ram 1500 RT HEMI 405 Hp
    2012 spyder RT + cat-bypass, mod muffler, PCV + auto tune, HID headlight n foggers, seal floorboards, LED's every where, supercharged ..not!
    2012 Fiat c500 conv.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How about some more pictures?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member 2ndChildhood's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I also installed one of these front LED ring lights this winter. When I am out riding it seems like the ring light is to bright. It is like a flood light. I get on coming cars flash there light. Does any one else have this problem?

What I did is wired it up to tone down the light (drop down the voltage) while the main headlights are on the low beam. Also I wired it so when high beams are on the ring light gets full power. Now I have a good attention getter by flashing my bright light.

ToM
    Spyderfest 2014

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Life is Great
    ToM

Spyder Garage

Tom the displayed remote control will solve your problem. The remote control allows for incremental controlof the brightness setting. It also lets you set one of several strobing patterns for display/light shows. Let md know if you are interested in getting one of these and I can provide you with parts provider directly from China. It will cost you about $5 for the remote.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChildhood View Post
    I also installed one of these front LED ring lights this winter. When I am out riding it seems like the ring light is to bright. It is like a flood light. I get on coming cars flash there light. Does any one else have this problem?

What I did is wired it up to tone down the light (drop down the voltage) while the main headlights are on the low beam. Also I wired it so when high beams are on the ring light gets full power. Now I have a good attention getter by flashing my bright light.

ToM
    Spyderfest 2014

Very Active Member 2ndChildhood's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gazunni View Post
    Tom the displayed remote control will solve your problem. The remote control allows for incremental controlof the brightness setting. It also lets you set one of several strobing patterns for display/light shows. Let md know if you are interested in getting one of these and I can provide you with parts provider directly from China. It will cost you about $5 for the remote.
    Thanks but I like how I have my wired up now. It is a running light on the low beams and full brightness with the high beams on, and I have less than $5.00 into the module.

ToM
    Spyderfest 2014

Life is Great
    ToM

Spyder Garage

Default Nicely done..!!

looks great and a very neat idea for the installation.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black