Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default WHAT TO EXPECT TO PAY

1. I am considering a 2014 RT Limited and I was quoted a 33K OTD price. Understand that the bike MSRPs for 30 and some change. I'm just wondering what others have paid for their 2014 RT Limited, just so I can make a educated decision on a purchase.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

$30,499...
    The dealer threw in the chrome adjustable lower air deflectors, and the the top trunk mirror...

There's almost NO incentive for them to lower the prices any...
    These machines are generating an awful lot of interest!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Define "Out The Door" are you saying that Tax & Lic are included? Did you add any options?? trailer hitch?? cover?? extended Warranty??

or just the stock 2014 RT Limited.

That info would be helpful

but if it is just a stock 2014 Limited you should be able to get it for about $ 1,000.00 off MSR, in 6 months you will get more off, right now they are hot.

As with all my advice, it comes with a double your money back guarantee depending on where you live.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

The $33K seems high unless you have added some options. You are not going to find deep discounts off MSRP or generous trade ins on the new 2014 RT's. Currently, it is a sellers market and the item is hot. Six months to a year and you will find better prices. The hard choice--do you want the latest and best now?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for responding and I also agree that the price will come down, once the unit cools off a little. I am going to obtain my motorcycle endorsement first and then test drive one of the suckers and make a decision after that. Leaning towards the RT limited, but I have a commitment from a local dealer for a 2014 RT-S SE6 for 28,475 OTD with a 4 year warranty.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by woolfski1713 View Post
    Thanks for responding and I also agree that the price will come down, once the unit cools off a little. I am going to obtain my motorcycle endorsement first and then test drive one of the suckers and make a decision after that. Leaning towards the RT limited, but I have a commitment from a local dealer for a 2014 RT-S SE6 for 28,475 OTD with a 4 year warranty.
    That is a good price on the RTS. I believe the warranty deal is good until April 30. You get less chrome and electronics, but the RT is there. That's the flavor I would be going for were I to buy the 2014.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

OTD prices are only meaningful within the same state. There are huge differences in tax, title and license charges between states. The only way to compare between states is the price of the minus tax, title and license.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I believe the warranty deal is good until April 30.
    It'll probably be renewed. I believe BRP has been including extended one or two year warranties for at least a year. Getting to be standard practice, I think.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If you are not absolutely set on getting the latest and greatest, and want to save upwards of 10 grand, look around for a new leftover 2013 or barely used 2013. Although it's doubtful you will find a similar deal now in the spring, I bought a base 2013 RT with 615 miles on it for $14,000 last November. That was $3700 less than the best deal a local dealer offered for the same machine, different color, out of the crate.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They (RTL) can be had for a touch under $27k at the right dealer. I know of one that is selling them at that price that does not include tax and license.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You can also save if you wait later this year.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I paid full retail for mine @ $30,499 plus tax, reg, etc. etc. etc.

Spyder Garage

Default 2014 RT Ltd

1. I am considering a 2014 RT Limited and I was quoted a 33K OTD price. Understand that the bike MSRPs for 30 and some change. I'm just wondering what others have paid for their 2014 RT Limited, just so I can make a educated decision on a purchase.

31K OTD cash price Some dealers will negotiate seems as most will not.

Good Luck

Spyder Garage

Traded 2011 rt se5 for 2014 rt se6 for $10,000 difference. 2011 had 11,400 miles

Spyder Garage

This is my 4th spyder that I have purchased. I have never paid freight or prep charge that a lot of dealers try getting. I typically am getting a discounted price off retail or getting a decent price on trade-in every time. This time when I bought the 2014 I ordered a couple days after it was announced and got a real good price after shopping around. I saved $7k compared to what my couple of dealers within an hour and half drive. I went 3 hours away in NC and got a great price or I could have went 8 hours back to where I bought my 2013 STS and got the same price. I chose to stay closer to home.

The problem is now the dealers are seeing the popularity and demand for the 2014 RT's and are trying to stick close to retail and add freight and prep charges.

Shop around and you will find a dealer that will be more aggressive. Platinum dealers typically move more product but may not offer the best prices depending on where you are located. Cash talks especially if you are not trading....

Good Luck!
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Spyder Garage

I have never paid Freight or Dealer prep on 15 BRP products and neither should you. Do your homework and shop around.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Default Sparking the economy ....

In February, I ordered my 2014 Limited. I paid $30,850 which bought me the stock machine, the OEM push-button frunk release, 1 additional year of warranty (for a total of 5 years factory warranty), and a full tank of gas. I was in/out of the dealership in 10 minutes ..... I never spent so much money in so little time! Tax, title, inspection, registration were not part of the deal
    Last edited by Root; 03-22-2014 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Spelling

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Man, do I feel for you guys. Our total for fees is $274, for a 4 year license... No tax, or useless inspections here... nor other government largess....

Spyder Garage

Now is a bad time to find a deal. Went to my dealer last Monday to pay for my 2014 RTL that I purchased last fall and the owner was telling me that he has never seen the demand that he is for these. He has already sold his full years supply of Congec with the brown seat (he will get the last one in around June), and for the first time he has buyers coming from other states to purchase.
    Sure glad I made the deal last fall as I am sure that I would not received the $20,000 trade in for my 2013 STL now.
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Try to look at it this way...
    It's not what you've got in the bike; it's what you get OUT of it, that really counts!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Try to look at it this way...
    It's not what you've got in the bike; it's what you get OUT of it, that really counts!
    OR The Less you have to put into the Bike -- The MORE satisfaction you get out of it!!!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

$27K OTD I was quoted. Don't forget the $4,000 rebate.
    [/IMG]

2012 RT-S SE5, Pure Magnesium Metallic (traded in)
    2015 RT LTD SE6, Red Pearl, Ultra Comfort Seat
    MODS: shorty antenna, BajaRon sway bar, Air Hawk cushion, custom LED US flag, custom Sue Hopper painted SPECOPS hood logo, custom Combat Craft Crewman windshield engraving, cup holder, Doc Humphry's 2017 complete RT kit belt tensioner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Warrant View Post
    $27K OTD I was quoted. Don't forget the $4,000 rebate.
    Back in March; Nobody was talking about rebates...
    For $27,000; do you get to keep that rebate check, or is the dealer grabbing it?