Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ledford View Post
    "Guns by themselves don't kill people." But, people using guns and other objects do!

Automobiles in a general use of the word,automobiles, kill more people then privately carried fire arms. Never have I read of anyone calling for automobile controls!

To carry should be allowed universally in my opinion. Why? As a tool of prevention to suppress the urge to kill for whatever reason. I carried a rifle, pistol, machine gun, shotgun etc fr 37 years of working time and for some 50 years totally. Never shot anyone during that entire time period.

But can not say I did not draw down on more then one because more then once the threat was made by others. Weapons for personal protection serve more as a prevention tool for the majority of time. I can also say that some of my personal friends have displayed their personal weapons and averted being robbed while pumping gas or cut.

My first wife and I stopped a potential theft of a neighbors brand new outboard boat engine one night with a empty 22 hand gun. We heard two teenagers talking outside our bedroom window one night. We eased out of bed, pulled on clothing, I went out one door, she went out another with a big light and the police arrived just as we lit them up and secured both of them. Later during the report building period one of the LEO's on scene asked if he could handle my pistol. I flipped the cylinder out to unload it and found it empty. We all had a brief chuckle while I looked stupid and embarassed. Then I got my much deserved reprimand from my wife and a sigh of relief from the LEO.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ledford View Post
    Crazyspyder I am with you bro' look at Crimeia and the Ukraine today. If the citizens had been armed they just might not have been such an easy turn over. What do you call citizens without defensive weapons? You can call them, slaves!
    So, anyone here in the USA is a slave, if they don't own a weapon?

Spyder Garage

I took his statement as general, meaning that a large majority are armed or not armed.

I think as other countries look at us today knowing we have a strong presence of armed citizens, we are less likely to be invaded....although I think in this day and age we are invaded in many ways, and it's getting worse.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MidLifeCrisis View Post
    This thread is beginning to tank!
    You're correct; and the person who mentioned slaves is the one to cause the tanking process.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I live in Oklahoma and i carry,,, not to kill anybody, not because i feel unsafe, not because i have enemies, i carry just because i want to, it is my right, just like i have a right to vote.
    Soooo, i don't need a gun because i don't plan on been robbed, i guess i will cancel my car insurance since i don't plan on crashing

Spyder Garage

So, what would you call the people in North Korea? Iran? Sudan to name a few... Free?
    I call them North Koreans, Iranians, and Sudanese.

I think the title of this thread is.......and I carry. That was in reference to those in the States and spyderlovers. These same type of threads have gone south when a poster has called those who don't carry sheeple. That comment and others just like have been in reference to those here. Of course now you're going to say it wasn't meant towards others here, correct?

Why not let Bob Ledford say whom he was talking about?
    Last edited by wyliec; 03-23-2014 at 10:58 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default holy-cow

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    I call them North Koreans, Iranians, and Sudanese.

I think the title of this thread is.......and I carry. That was in reference to those in the States and spyderlovers. These same type of threads have gone south when a poster has called those who don't carry sheeple. That comment and others just like have been in reference to those here. Of course now you're going to say it wasn't meant towards others here, correct?

Why not let Bob Ledford say whom he was talking about?

SOME one's not playing nice.

''give me freedom or give me death'', some people just need to be reminded !
    anyways-...and I carry, and I am out of this thread. tanked out! Elvis has left the stage .
    '' RIDE -WINE - DINE LIKE ITS YOUR LAST DAY- SO MAKE IT COUNT DAILY''
    2013 ram 1500 RT HEMI 405 Hp
    2012 spyder RT + cat-bypass, mod muffler, PCV + auto tune, HID headlight n foggers, seal floorboards, LED's every where, supercharged ..not!
    2012 Fiat c500 conv.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post

Great video.

Kick starting thread again. Lol

Spyder Garage

One if the above countries is where I barely escaped alive. I still have family there. They would find your creatively dismissive answer as week minded as I. I'll exit with the others and leave you to your
    To think this all started with a question to Bob Ledford, which has gone unanswered, and has degraded to this.

I'll just leave your circular reasoning and kool-aid alone and move on. By the way, it's weak minded. Week minded means I am thinking 7 days ahead; so, thank you for your compliment.

Back to you SNOOPY.
    Last edited by wyliec; 03-24-2014 at 06:09 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Why doesn't everybody just take a breath, and simmer down...
    Angry rhetoric only brings out the worst in all of us. I'm pretty sure that getting the thread yanked because folks don't want to respect the opinions of thers, really isn't in anyone's best interests.
    Soo... who wants some ice cream?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Why doesn't everybody just take a breath, and simmer down...
    Angry rhetoric only brings out the worst in all of us. I'm pretty sure that getting the thread yanked because folks don't want to respect the opinions of thers, really isn't in anyone's best interests.
    Soo... who wants some ice cream?
    Okay, backing off. No ice cream though.

Spyder Garage

To think that by owning handguns that we are safer is ridiculous. Of the wealthy nations in the world we are #1 in gun ownership and #1 in violent crime. Those with tougher gun regulations are much safer by comparison. http://www.kdnuggets.com/2012/12/new...ownership.html

I own guns but am realistic about the impact guns have on our society. More people owning guns does not make it safer. http://islandia.law.yale.edu/ayers/A...ue_article.pdf

Spyder Garage

One evening, sitting at home around 8:30 there was a knock at the door. I answered and there stood a man in an old field jacket, beard and had his hand in his jacket pocket. He looked somewhat surprised. He said he was looking for the "roofer" to see if he could get a job. I told him I didn't know who he was talking about. My "spider" sense was tingling. I closed the door and told my wife to call the sheriff's office, gave her a description to give to them and got my shoes and pistol. I looked out the front window in time to see this guy running from the back of my neighbors house across the street. I knew they weren't home. My neighbor was a pilot and deployed to Desert Storm. They had two dobermans in the house. I went out the door and took an opposite route to come out above where he was walking.

As I got to the top of the road I heard a window break and someone shout. I saw the same guy jump a fence. He crossed the road and saw me. I asked him what he was doing and he said he was coming from his momma's house. I asked what her name was and what house. He said the gray house across the street. He put his hand in his jacket pocket and I pulled the 357 from my belt and dropped it to my side. His eyes looked like beacons when he saw the gun. About that time a deputy rounded the corner. The guy tried to run, I nailed him behind the knee with a kick. The deputy cuffed him and away they went. The guy had a rap sheet. At that time there was no CC law in NC. But the sheriff never said a word.

The subdivision we lived in had a lot of military folks living there and nearly all were deployed for Desert Storm. The house he tried to break in to, the owner was in bed. He heard someone at the bedroom window, then heard the glass break. He turned the light on and the guy took off. That's when another neighbor yelled.

The deputies found a .22 handgun in the grass and some ammo in the guys pocket. Apparently he dropped the gun when he went over the fence.

There have been a rash of home invasions recently in NC. Two were within 10 miles of where I live. In some cases, the home owners were armed and were able to subdue the perps. In a few cases, at least one of the perps was shot, and a few have been killed. One of those killed was a 16 year old. His mother swore that he was a good boy and never got in trouble. That was one of the break-ins that occurred not far from me There is a trial going on now in Raleigh. Two individuals broke in to a home, one forced the woman into a sex act while the other held her husband at gunpoint. The wife was able to escape and her husband was shot, in the back, and is now paralyzed. These same two punks have been charged with several other home break-ins/invasions.
    Last edited by bruiser; 03-24-2014 at 09:11 AM.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Amen

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    this board is about Spyders, and with the history of threads about guns (and other things) turning ugly. Makes me wonder why people continue to agitate this board with threads like this.
    I am sure that many gun manufacturers have their own forums. Let's leave this one to Spyders.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

This is the off topic section of the board...

...and I carry, on my Spyder...and everywhere but work where they don't allow it.
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    I am sure that many gun manufacturers have their own forums. Let's leave this one to Spyders.
    "Off-Topic"; iseems pretty self-evident...

We've got the adventures of Perman Binkley, a HUGE thread on jokes, There's always pictures of cars in here somewhere, a whole bunch of music...
    If you want to discuss pretty-near anything in here; we're up for it!

The only thing is; Y ou've got to respect the opinions of others during the debates that inevitably will ensue!

Spyder Garage

Default YEP!

Could not have said it better than that!!
    "Ride Safe, Ride Long, and Ride Often...Be Free on Three"
    ValCruzSpyder
    2012 RTS-SE5 Pure Magnesium

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Now; back to the adventures of Pergie and Doris!

Spyder Garage

My Opinion and Not an argument.

I Carry! My choice and right. Your american choice not to carry is your right. I feel sorry for anyone whose country says they can't carry or even own a handgun or rifle. In America you are not required to own a gun. In Switzerland almost every male is required to have a gun. Yet the gun crime is extremely small. You have to wonder what is the difference. Definitely NOT the gun.

The problem with arguing this with non-americans and gun haters is.......Arguing on the internet is........well you know.
    2014 RT Limited Black Currant, BaJaRon Anti-Sway Bar and Links, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder. More to Come.
    08 Honda Aero - wife's
    14 Kymco - wife's (Hmmmmm...i'm losing bikes)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It doesn't need to be an argument...
    We should never back away from an honest exchange of ideas; it's how we learn, and it's how we make new friends!
    I once heard a saying, and I know that I don't quite have it exactly as I was told...
    "You want to give somebody a really big head-ache? Beat them over the head with your Bible! Just don't expect them to learn much from the experience."
    If we ALL thought the same way... what would we be?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    If we ALL thought the same way... what would we be?
    Ummm..... Harley Riders? Before anybody gets all wound up, it is a joke, and I ride one so I think I can say that.

Current Bikes:
    2018 BMW K1600 B
    2012 Spyder RT LTD - Sold
    2003 HD VRSCA (VROD)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes; yes you can!
    But since you brought them up...

I know it's from 2010; but it's a CLASSIC; just like Harley!
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 03-24-2014 at 05:55 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    this board is about Spyders, and with the history of threads about guns (and other things) turning ugly. Makes me wonder why people continue to agitate this board with threads like this.
    This thread is beginning to tank!
    Looks like I was right, and I am sad that I was.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Okay...
    What would you like to discuss in here?
    Climb up on the soapbox, and give it a whirl!