Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default I like big guns

this area of the board is -OFF TOPIC conversations. NO need to be spyder related. good people here and will stay civil or lamonster will step in and wave his wand . he's kool guy! --- finished
    cleaning my guns , must off fired some bad ammo because my 9mil was really dirty...bummer!
    '' RIDE -WINE - DINE LIKE ITS YOUR LAST DAY- SO MAKE IT COUNT DAILY''
    2013 ram 1500 RT HEMI 405 Hp
    2012 spyder RT + cat-bypass, mod muffler, PCV + auto tune, HID headlight n foggers, seal floorboards, LED's every where, supercharged ..not!
    2012 Fiat c500 conv.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    Am down with all the stats. Just asked a simple question.

My sister is a cop, if these answers were public we would be surprised how much crime is out there.

just trying not to shock you!....

Spyder Garage

I believe strongly in being prepared.

I believe in having a gun or four at hand.

I believe in helping whoever I can to be safe.

Even the ignorant who think we don't need guns.

With that said, I hope that I live in a great neighborhood.

I hope I never see anyone being threatened.

I hope no one has the nerve to try to take my life.

God forbid I see someone trying to take someone Else's life!

Spyder Garage

Am down with all the stats. Just asked a simple question.
    The media doesn't want you to hear how often this happens, but it happens more than you would think. My husband and I both have conceal carry permits (as do both of my parents). I have one beside my bed and one in my truck (and many others for fun ). I have no problem with defending myself or my family if needed. I have made that decision ahead of time. It is a personal choice, one you have to think about very hard before you even strap on the gun. We have a philosophy. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Spyder Garage

Arrow

How many Non Leos here have ever used a weapon to stop a crime, or hold a criminal, until a Leo could intervene?

Not taking a side. Just asking a question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wwulf76 View Post
    The media doesn't want you to hear how often this happens, but it happens more than you would think. My husband and I both have conceal carry permits (as do both of my parents). I have one beside my bed and one in my truck (and many others for fun ). I have no problem with defending myself or my family if needed. I have made that decision ahead of time. It is a personal choice, one you have to think about very hard before you even strap on the gun. We have a philosophy. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
    All I aked was a simple question?

Have never revealed whether I carry or not, and never will. But, that's just me.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

I was carrying today when I took a 2014 RT test ride.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    this board is about Spyders, and with the history of threads about guns (and other things) turning ugly. Makes me wonder why people continue to agitate this board with threads like this.
    And the answer...

Quote Originally Posted by crazyspyder View Post
    this area of the board is -OFF TOPIC conversations. NO need to be spyder related. good people here and will stay civil or lamonster will step in and wave his wand . he's kool guy! --- finished
    Thanks!

Nobody ever said to expect that EVERY topic you see would be one or interest, or one that your opinion would hold the majority in...
    Diversity of opinions and interests is what makes things interesting; don't you think?
    As long as folks stay cool about respecting the rights of others; all is good!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member MidLifeCrisis's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

All I aked was a simple question?

Have never revealed whether I carry or not, and never will. But, that's just me.
    Carry what? seriously though, It fits well within the keep them guessing mantra and not everything should be about what we do or don't like. I don't smoke and can't stand to be around it either. That said, I voted against banning smoking in restaurants and bars, when it was on the AZ ballot years ago. Taking away rights, leads to taking away more rights. Anyone want to talk about the recent bans on e-cigarettes?

It's not okay to demonize an object or group to fulfill an agenda, regardless of what it may be or if "I" like or don't like it. I've lived in other countries under two oppressive regimes already, so I prefer to err on the side of liberty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If folks want to remain idiots, hy not wisely agreeing with you; that's their problem!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    And the answer...

Thanks!

Nobody ever said to expect that EVERY topic you see would be one or interest, or one that your opinion would hold the majority in...
    Diversity of opinions and interests is what makes things interesting; don't you think?
    As long as folks stay cool about respecting the rights of others; all is good!
    I hope it stays this way.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

Default Law abiding people never know....

I grew up in a small town where nobody ever locked their doors and everyone left the keys hanging in the ignition on the town square(mid 80's). I married the girl I dated in high school and a few years later we moved about 40 miles away. Great story but so what? My wife is a court reporter and we moved because she got a job as an Official Reporter meaning she is assigned to a specific courthouse and judge. What she sees on a daily basis would shock and amaze you unless you are part of the legal community. The county that we live in is about 35,000 people and just under 600 sq miles. So for those of you who have the illusion that you are safe and nothing bad will ever happen, take a trip down to your local courthouse and have a seat in the gallery. Oh and the small town we grew up in, my wife goes down there when her judge has to hear something that a judge that is down there can't. Same stuff goes on but nobody talks about it and the small town paper doesn't report it because that might be bad for business.
    Do I generally feel safe in the town that I live in, yes of course I do. Do I take steps to make sure it stays that way for myself and my family, of course I do. To me it comes down to who is most responsible for my safety and the safety of my family, the answer is me. I refuse to be one of those people standing around waiting for the government too come help when something bad happens. I have great respect for LEO and what they do, but just like teachers, they can only do so much.
    The decision to carry or not to carry, to be prepared to defend your home and family or wait for the police is a very personal one. Unfortunately many people do not invest the time and effort they should to gather the information they need to make an educated decision. What ever you decide make sure you can live with the outcome of that decision.
    If you decide to protect yourself with a firearm, you better make sure that using that firearm is like breathing, something that you don't even have to think about.

Current Bikes:
    2018 BMW K1600 B
    2012 Spyder RT LTD - Sold
    2003 HD VRSCA (VROD)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vrodrjs View Post
    If you decide to protect yourself with a firearm, you better make sure that using that firearm is like breathing, something that you don't even have to think about.
    Firearms ownership may be a "right"; but it's one that carries with it, a tremendous responsibility!

There's abosolutely NO room for errors...
    And there's no eraser hooked to the muzzle. Once you let a round go; a river of tears won't wash away the results!
    It takes discipline and control over yourself.
    We've all seen what's going on in South Africa right now...
    I have no doubt that the poor guy never wanted this to happen...
    But he was just a bit too "smitten" with how the handguns made him feel...
    It's a damn shame what happened to his girlfriend I have no doubt that they both regretted, and will regret, his decisions to own firearms for the rest of their lives.
    Only she was the lucky one; her regret only lasted a matter of seconds...
    His private HELL ; is just beginning.

Spyder Garage

NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Bob D.,

I was going to let what you said go because I didn't want to take the thread in another direction. But, to me it's seems strange that an intruder would go into a bathroom and lock it; was the so called intruder looking to steal some toilet paper and locked the door to make sure no one intruded? I also think it was complete B.S. that the husband didn't realize his wife wasn't in bed. JMO

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MidLifeCrisis View Post
    Carry what? seriously though, It fits well within the keep them guessing mantra and not everything should be about what we do or don't like. I don't smoke and can't stand to be around it either. That said, I voted against banning smoking in restaurants and bars, when it was on the AZ ballot years ago. Taking away rights, leads to taking away more rights. Anyone want to talk about the recent bans on e-cigarettes?

It's not okay to demonize an object or group to fulfill an agenda, regardless of what it may be or if "I" like or don't like it. I've lived in other countries under two oppressive regimes already, so I prefer to err on the side of liberty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Welcome to the third.

lol

Spyder Garage

I've had a CCW most of my life. Do I carry? My business, not yours.

john

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Bob D.,

I was going to let what you said go because I didn't want to take the thread in another direction. But, to me it's seems strange that an intruder would go into a bathroom and lock it; was the so called intruder looking to steal some toilet paper and locked the door to make sure no one intruded? I also think it was complete B.S. that the husband didn't realize his wife wasn't in bed. JMO
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well; when YOU wake up in the middle of the night.... how alert are you? Really??
    The poor dumb guy has a fascination with sidearms that goes beyond the range of what could be considered "normal"...
    He didn't process all of the facts completely, and let his imagination fill in the blanks...

That falls under the heading of, "Be 100% sure of your target, and what's behind it!", when we teach Sportman Education classes

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    That falls under the heading of, "Be 100% sure of your target, and what's behind it!", when we teach Sportman Education classes
    I think he was 100% sure.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That might be a discussion best-saved for another thread...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MidLifeCrisis View Post
    Pretty much on par with how the others got ushered in. Learn from history? What's that?

Exactly

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Exactly
    It must be true, if two of you say the same thing. I'm leaving for Shangri-La.

Spyder Garage

LOL

Unfortunately, nowhere looks better than anywhere else anymore. Everywhere has it's issues.

That's why I stay home most of the time.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool $0.02 worth in a different slant

"Guns by themselves don't kill people." But, people using guns and other objects do!

Automobiles in a general use of the word,automobiles, kill more people then privately carried fire arms. Never have I read of anyone calling for automobile controls!

To carry should be allowed universally in my opinion. Why? As a tool of prevention to suppress the urge to kill for whatever reason. I carried a rifle, pistol, machine gun, shotgun etc fr 37 years of working time and for some 50 years totally. Never shot anyone during that entire time period.

But can not say I did not draw down on more then one because more then once the threat was made by others. Weapons for personal protection serve more as a prevention tool for the majority of time. I can also say that some of my personal friends have displayed their personal weapons and averted being robbed while pumping gas or cut.

My first wife and I stopped a potential theft of a neighbors brand new outboard boat engine one night with a empty 22 hand gun. We heard two teenagers talking outside our bedroom window one night. We eased out of bed, pulled on clothing, I went out one door, she went out another with a big light and the police arrived just as we lit them up and secured both of them. Later during the report building period one of the LEO's on scene asked if he could handle my pistol. I flipped the cylinder out to unload it and found it empty. We all had a brief chuckle while I looked stupid and embarassed. Then I got my much deserved reprimand from my wife and a sigh of relief from the LEO.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool Quotation

Quote Originally Posted by crazyspyder View Post
    OOOOHH YEEAh- gona be filling my pockets full of rocks on my next road trip, LOL -seriously ! I carry a 9mil and don't take to kindly to a government telling me I cant own a gun much less a knife. how in the world
    is such a society going to defend their own when it goes to hell. here's a statement someone said, '' Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.''.. its called FREEDOM brothers n sisters.
    ok gona go clean my weapons!
    Crazyspyder I am with you bro' look at Crimeia and the Ukraine today. If the citizens had been armed they just might not have been such an easy turn over. What do you call citizens without defensive weapons? You can call them, slaves!