Spyder Garage

Default Compressor cycling On 2012 RT Limited

The compressor on my 2012 cycles for 3 seconds apx every 30 seconds when set at the highest setting. Since I never change the setting, my wife is always with me, I just leave it set to the highest so I really don't utilize the auto feature. Since there is no leak down, the pressure holds when checking the valve under the seat overnight, I thought I would convert it back to manual by removing the R1 relay and just inflate the shock manually. After pulling the relay I inflated the shock to 75 lbs but once I released the parking brake with the Spyder in gear, it dropped to "0". Is there a way to disconnect the release selonid such that I will not lose pressure?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by palover View Post
    The compressor on my 2012 cycles for 3 seconds apx every 30 seconds when set at the highest setting. Since I never change the setting, my wife is always with me, I just leave it set to the highest so I really don't utilize the auto feature. Since there is no leak down, the pressure holds when checking the valve under the seat overnight, I thought I would convert it back to manual by removing the R1 relay and just inflate the shock manually. After pulling the relay I inflated the shock to 75 lbs but once I released the parking brake with the Spyder in gear, it dropped to "0". Is there a way to disconnect the release selonid such that I will not lose pressure?

I am not authorized to make suggestions in this area, But someone who knows better will be along shortly with a lot more sense than i have. Hang in there

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default My situation on my 2012---

I am taking my 2012 RTS-SE5 to the shop tomorrow in fact due to an issue with my compressor as well.

I felt it cycled way too much so the last time I had it in for service I said something. They reset the BUDS and I thought it was better. Then one day out riding I noticed my Digital Screen read "MANUAL" for my compressor etc.,

I too have tried to air up the airbag manually and as soon as I disconnect the air pump it bleeds off pressure. So either I have a aolenoid problem or a compressor problem.

However, I also know my compressor motor no longer will run, even though my digital display no longer shows "MANUAL" it shows like it normally does but I can't hear the pump running and have checked fuses and relays and all is fine. So will let the shop figure it out.

At one point I thought I heard the pump but it was very faint so if that is the case maybe it is a wiring issue.

I know this all happened since we found out the rear heated hand grips were never hooked up when the bike was new. (go figure)

That is my experience thus far on the compressor and air bag situation----hope to know more after tomorrow but if they have to order parts it's under warranty but will be stuck a while. Wish me luck!

2015 RT-Limited SE6-TricLED Fender LED's (Red and Amber), 3rd LED Brake Light/Tail Light, ISCI Handbrake with black small hands handle,Spyderpops Rock Guard. ,Can-Am Adjustable Wing Vents, Bumpskid, Bajaron's Sway-Bar with metal Heim Joints. Elkas Stage 2 Plus., TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors, TricLED Jumper Port, Laser Aligned!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Medicineman

I had the same problem and ignored it. It was leaking around the line from the compressor connector to the shock. Burned out the compressor and was over $700 to replace. Don't wait too long

Spyder Garage

Default Update on my Air pump/bag situation

Well, I am staying in Branson Missouri while my 2012 Spyder RTS-SE5 is getting it's first experience with warranty repair.

It turns out that my compressor pump motor is running but is not compressing air and also if I try to manually fill my air bag and remove the air chuck, it deflates through the compressor itself so I am SOL.

They said it would be 2-4 days to get the part in and it is Wednesday We are educators on Springbreak so we were able to request OVER NIGHT SHIPPING but in Canada the cut off is 11:00 a.m.. so it won't even ship until tomorrow so it will be Friday before our bike is fixed.

Good news is the part and repair is under the 2nd year of the 2-year warranty and BRP is covering over night shipping.

I was told today that people who live on dirt roads or gravel need to clean around the air bag as dirt sits in that area and they have had instances where those things put holes in the air bag. Luckily mine is fine and I do live in the country on a dirt road but only go 12 mph until I get to the pavement.

Sadly this bike only 2,900 miles on it and the compressor is shot. Oh well.

Soon it will be fixed and all will be good again.

Just wanted to update you on my experience and what has happened.
    2015 RT-Limited SE6-TricLED Fender LED's (Red and Amber), 3rd LED Brake Light/Tail Light, ISCI Handbrake with black small hands handle,Spyderpops Rock Guard. ,Can-Am Adjustable Wing Vents, Bumpskid, Bajaron's Sway-Bar with metal Heim Joints. Elkas Stage 2 Plus., TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors, TricLED Jumper Port, Laser Aligned!

Spyder Garage

Default All fixed and okay---

My 2012 RTS-SE5 is back up and going again.

BRP shippped the part over night to get me back up and running and home again. Apparently two factors went into this pump failure for the seat adjuster.

One- the brass fitting was apparently over-tightened by someone at some point because the fitting was cracked, which caused air to leak out and the pump to run too frequently.

Two- apparently moisture/condensation got in there, froze and caused failure of the pump shaft to fail to the actual compressor pistons.

The replacement pump is fine- the brass fitting was changed with another brass fitting to make it work, and it now is quieter then before, airs up faster then it did before- so all is good.

Hopefully this will NOT happen again. Very glad to have it back working again as my tail end was so low headlights were way out of aim.

Even filling the air bag manually would leak out and it wouldn't keep the back up. So------there you have it sports fans!

My first- warranty claim on the 2nd year of ownership and original BRP 2 year warranty and they handled it like professionals!

Also decided while in the shop to get it "Laser Aligned" also.

Just wanted to update the final chapter.

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you're back in business.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!