Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Rollo Laser Alighment is coming

I spoke with Pam, the Service Manager at Maximum Powersports in Peru, today. We had talked earlier about them getting the Rollo System so after she spoke to Rollo as well as getting good feedback through the BRP dealer network, she has ordered the system. It should be here in the next week or 2. She can be reached at 765 472-2423. They are going to start out by doing alignments on all their new units so I would wait a couple of weeks before contracting her.
    I don't have any affiliation but I have gotten good service at this dealership. Pam has been with the dealership about 30 years and has been easy for me to work with.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

Cool, finally someone within a stones throw.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default I agree about Maximum Power Sports

Just met Pam last week...got a quote for a new battery that WAY undercut another local dealer, battery price and labor. I'm scheduled in for this Friday. I'll try to corner her for an alignment conversation while I'm up there.

Spyder Garage

I bought my spyder from Maximum Power Sports,and been well pleased with their service, very good people.

Spyder Garage

Default Maximum Powersports

I just bought a used RSS there and was very pleased with the dealership. There is a dealer 25 min away from where i live (Zulu), went there to buy a Spyder and an hour later left vowing never to return. Drove 1 hour and 15 min to Peru and bought one with no test drive! Derek the GM and everyone at Maximum were top notch!

Spyder Garage

Smile Great news!!

Nice to hear that Maximum is getting the Laser system. Just visited that dealership a couple of weeks ago and they seemed like really nice people and are close by for a change. After they get some practice I will make an appointment and get my in to have that done. I will also have them check out the drive belt on the rear wheel as it is not riding on the sprocket where the owners manual said it should be.

Spyder Garage

Default I spoke with Bruce...

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    I spoke with Pam, the Service Manager at Maximum Powersports in Peru, today. We had talked earlier about them getting the Rollo System so after she spoke to Rollo as well as getting good feedback through the BRP dealer network, she has ordered the system. It should be here in the next week or 2. She can be reached at 765 472-2423. They are going to start out by doing alignments on all their new units so I would wait a couple of weeks before contracting her.
    I don't have any affiliation but I have gotten good service at this dealership. Pam has been with the dealership about 30 years and has been easy for me to work with.

at Maximum today, He said they got the ROLO system in this week and have done one alignment so far. Once they're up and running with it they'll be charging $120.00. I didn't ask but I assume that includes the BUDS update.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Default Got mine done.

Maximum did my alignment while they were fixing other problems, so they are definitely up and running. They also aligned my drive belt. Can't tell you if I notice any difference because I won't be picking it up until Tuesday. After that, I'll post whether there is anything noticeable.
    (Still in sticker shock after having the DPS unit go bad...you don't want to know.)

Spyder Garage

Default The final bill?

Thought I'd close up this saga of the DPS failure.....

Got the GS back last week...bill just under $1,600. Given that the DPS was, in fact, bad, the dealership did what they could with that...not unreasonable labor charges.

==> BTW, that price includes replacing the DPS, laser alignment, and drive belt alignment.<==

I know this may sound a bit 'strange,' but I'm still impressed with the dealership's (MaximumPower-Sports of Peru, Indiana) professionalism (especially the service manager)...she seemed as perplexed and frustrated (almost) as I was, shelling out that amount of $ for a DPS system that had just under 1,600 miles on it (even though it's on an '09 GS.)

I'm going to speak with the BRP reps at Spyderfest to see if they can recommend an "appeal" process for this case...Yes, I know it's a 5-year-old Spyder, but when the DPS failed, it had only 1,600 miles on it...just doesn't seem 'right' (whatever 'right' means).

Okay...this smile......means that I'm past this now...no more complaints...just 'movin' on...stuff happens.. ...and this spyder is just too much fun to ride! See you all at Spyderfest!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to read the positive feedback on Maximum Powersports. I am scheduled to have surgery on my dominate hand and forearm(left) on May 16th. I now know what my mom meant by 'it's hell to get old". So much will depend on how the surgery and rehab goes as to whether or not I will be able to continue riding. I've been considering going to a semi-automatic RT version for the past couple of years; but was in a quandry about who to do business with, and I really wasn't looking forward to going 2 hours way up north or to IL to make my purchase. The "bad press" on the '13s didn't instill confedence in the product, or BRP for that matter. Now that The ACE motor has replaced the V-Twin, I have renewed interest in making the switch from my GL1800 Hannigan Trike. Only time will tell, if my days with a manual transmission are numbered.
    Mike

Spyder Garage

I went and my alignment today. I couldn't tell if it made much difference yet it was so windy heading home. The vibration seemed a lot better. They were great to work with and gave me a lot of useful information.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Slagiatt View Post
    ...I'm going to speak with the BRP reps at Spyderfest to see if they can recommend an "appeal" process for this case...Yes, I know it's a 5-year-old Spyder, but when the DPS failed, it had only 1,600 miles on it...just doesn't seem 'right' (whatever 'right' means)....

Age has absolutely ZERO to do with "normal wear and tear" and to have that unit be faulty after 1,600 miles IS NOT NORMAL WEAR. I believe there was an issue with DPS units requiring replacement....worth asking!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Cool, finally someone within a stones throw.
    Scotty if you come down here for service....give some of us Hoosiers a heads up and maybe we can meet up there and do lunch....that is if my shoulder ever heals!