Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Cruise Control Install

I was seraching around and maybee I missed it, but is there a step by step to installing the Audiovox cruise control? Also I know I will need a bracket for the switch on the handel bars, but what about the servo? Is there a bracket I will need to fabricate, or is anyone producing them for sale??

Thanks,

Tom

Spyder Garage

There is no real step by step on this and to be honest I had another one fail on me on this last trip so I'm not real happy with the Autovox setup right now. I contacted another company that makes one for the Spyder and I'm waiting to hear back from them. I'll let you know how that turns out.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thank you for the reply, would you recomend any of the throttle locking options as I may be taking a trip from Jersey to Florida and some type of cruise control would be nice to have. Also how many miles were you able to go in one day??

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lightman02 View Post
    Thank you for the reply, would you recomend any of the throttle locking options as I may be taking a trip from Jersey to Florida and some type of cruise control would be nice to have. Also how many miles were you able to go in one day??
    I used a Vista Cruise as a backup but the problem with that was it didn't hold very good and if you made it so it did the throttle would stick. It was nice to shake out my hand but not near as nice as a real CC.

I was doing 650 to 750 mile days with the first day right at 1200 miles.

Spyder Garage

For throttle locks (or tensioners) several of us have Throttlemeisters http://www.throttlemeister.com/ and are happy with them. Quick and easy to install. Not the cheapest option.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I used a Vista Cruise as a backup but the problem with that was it didn't hold very good and if you made it so it did the throttle would stick.

Seemed to work better on I-4s...had your same problem on my SV which is why I am reluctant to buy another. Throttlemate is suppose to be at the Golden Apen rally so I may try that since Throttlemeister seems so expensive for what it is.
    In the twisties I was playing the tart...
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I used a Vista Cruise as a backup but the problem with that was it didn't hold very good and if you made it so it did the throttle would stick.
    I installed the Vista Cruise and so far it works well. It took me awhile to fine tune the adjustment but so far I am happy with it!