Active Member threewheelcurious's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Selling my Harley (to get into a Spyder...) clean bike GREAT price!

Last edited by threewheelcurious; 04-14-2014 at 07:21 PM.
    2019 600 ACE , Yellow

Spyder Garage

You are going to love it
    Just take your time & remember one steers rather than leans like on a two wheeler.
    Replaced my Lamonster Certified RT Limited #1874 With a 2018 RTL.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    You are going to love it
    Just take your time & remember one steers rather than leans like on a two wheeler.
    Need to sell the Harley first
    2019 600 ACE , Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here's hoping for a quick sale!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Just an observation but does that sticker come off the tank. It might turn off a lot of prospective buyers IMHO.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

It's just a vinyl decal, can be removed.
    3500.00 is a stellar deal for a clean, great bike.
    Any takers?
    2019 600 ACE , Yellow

Spyder Garage

Exclamation

Sure hope you have your 2-wheeler listed in other places... this is mostly Spyder people (obviously). Odds are not good of selling a 2-wheeler here. Good luck, God Speed!

ps. Remove that tank decal and take new pics of the bike nicely cleaned up and detailed.

- Michael

Spyder Garage

Nice video. Hope you get a quick sale soon. I would also recommend removing the tank decal.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Michael211_2000 View Post
    Sure hope you have your 2-wheeler listed in other places... this is mostly Spyder people (obviously). Odds are not good of selling a 2-wheeler here. Good luck, God Speed!

ps. Remove that tank decal and take new pics of the bike nicely cleaned up and detailed.

- Michael
    Most Harley Riders do not want cartoons on their bikes
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

I have it posted on Craigslist and local; the price is a steal considering quality of bike and low miles. As for the vinyl decals, I have had mixed forum response, yet in person it gets overwhelming positive comments.
    2019 600 ACE , Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by threewheelcurious View Post
    I have it posted on Craigslist and local; the price is a steal considering quality of bike and low miles. As for the vinyl decals, I have had mixed forum response, yet in person it gets overwhelming positive comments.
    I believe the audience here at Spyder lovers is not the group that would like the tank decal (as per the comments); however you are not going to sell this bike to this crowd. I can see where the market this bike would appeal to would like the decal, as you mentioned.

Personally, it doesn't bother me; however you might make the comment that it is a decal that can be removed -- just in case someone thinks it is paint. You do not want to give a potential interested party any reason to pass on your offer.

I have not priced '01 883 Sportsters, but at first glance that looks like a great price to me; especially if the bike has been taken care of. If the mileage was correct at 13k, then this bike hasn't been ridden much at all for a 12-year-old bike.

Is the mileage 13k? And was the bike taken care of regarding how it was ridden? In other words, was it run hard and long a lot?

Overall, the Sportster motor is one of the better engines HD has made. In fact, it is best in my opinion based on more reasons than I care to mention here. If the bike was not ridden too hard for too long, and was maintained properly, the bike has a lot of miles left on it to be ridden. It would be a great bike for someone, somewhere. I might even be interested in it if you were closer.

Good luck on your sale...

SL #7026
    VBA #652
    HOG #3935417
    2011 Viper-Red Spyder RT SE5 & Trailer
    2017 HD Ultra Limited
    Former Rides: 2014 HD Ultra Limited; '04 Kawa Nomad; '09 HD Ultra-Classic; and many Hondas through the years.
    Spyder Newbies Do's & Do Not's: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Boy View Post
    I believe the audience here at Spyder lovers is not the group that would like the tank decal (as per the comments); however you are not going to sell this bike to this crowd. I can see where the market this bike would appeal to would like the decal, as you mentioned.

Personally, it doesn't bother me; however you might make the comment that it is a decal that can be removed -- just in case someone thinks it is paint. You do not want to give a potential interested party any reason to pass on your offer.

I have not priced '01 883 Sportsters, but at first glance that looks like a great price to me; especially if the bike has been taken care of. If the mileage was correct at 13k, then this bike hasn't been ridden much at all for a 12-year-old bike.

Is the mileage 13k? And was the bike taken care of regarding how it was ridden? In other words, was it run hard and long a lot?

Overall, the Sportster motor is one of the better engines HD has made. In fact, it is best in my opinion based on more reasons than I care to mention here. If the bike was not ridden too hard for too long, and was maintained properly, the bike has a lot of miles left on it to be ridden. It would be a great bike for someone, somewhere. I might even be interested in it if you were closer.

Very good and helpful points.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Boy View Post

Thank you for the consideration points; I will update the advertisement to note decal not paint.
    The bike has been well cared for, only 13,787 on the odometer; plenty of legs left!
    Shipping is only 400.00ish
    2019 600 ACE , Yellow

Spyder Garage

Well I do have a RT but that's a nice bike. How long have you had it?? what kinda tune ups and or any work done on it? What year? any more info PM me .
    2012 RT Limited. Flag graphics, Lower vader wings LEDs, Lower day runner LEDs, Uper turn signal LEDs, Tip LEDs, Finder strip LEDs, Mud flap running an turn LEDs, Inside morrirs turn LEDs, 3-4 brake LEDs, Blue LEDs top under dash, Cup hollders, Large foot rest, HWY foot rest, K&N air flter, GloRyders with remote, Elka shocks 1+R, Soomthspyder, GoPro Hero3, BRP hitch, Diamond shadow trailer.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up SOLD!

​sold my Harley today, cash in the bank...saving for something...
    2019 600 ACE , Yellow

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default Well..!!

Be curious no more...test the roadsters and move off the fence. You will love the ryde as will those that ryde with you..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black