Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Elembytes View Post
    I suppose hooking it through a tender pigtailed directly to the battery terminals wouldn't work either then, am I right?

Just trying to think in an emergency an easy way to use something like this without the hassles of trying to get to the battery easily. It is a 2012 RTS-SE5 that I have.

Thanks for this tidbit though--sounds awesome---just was thinking of an easier way to hook up is all.
    Nothing could be much easier than hooking the alligator clips to the jump start terminals under the seat for older Spyders or in the front trunk for 2013 onward. Open it up, pull the red cover off the positive post, hook up the alligator clips, and start the engine.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

I have just found out that Len & Vanessa at Pitbull Powersports in Springfield Missouri (Main Spyderfest Sponsor) 417 863-1418 is carrying two different brands of these personal power supplies. Give them a call if you are thinking about getting one, He may even have a special for Spyderfest on one or the other.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    I have just found out that Len & Vanessa at Pitbull Powersports in Springfield Missouri (Main Spyderfest Sponsor) 417 863-1418 is carrying two different brands of these personal power supplies. Give them a call if you are thinking about getting one, He may even have a special for Spyderfest on one or the other.
    They have a few in stock, but Len will have more and on sale for Spyderfest. I have one of the ones he personally uses and it is very complete. A must have!

http://www.thepowerall.com/product.html
    Last edited by bullant12; 03-19-2014 at 09:24 AM.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

phillip@pitbull

Guys and gals, there are two versions of these available the XP-1 and the XP-3 from the same manufacturer. Len and I have personally tried both on a 2013 Spyder that would not even kick on the LED lights - DEAD! When we tried the XP-3 it would not jump off the Spyder. It will jump off a Spyder with a low battery but not a dead one. Next we tried the XP-1 and we were amazed. It started a Spyder 40 times straight and then started his GMC 3/4 ton pickup with a 6.0 Supercharged engine. I am totally impressed with the XP-1 which we now stock and retails for about $150. If anyone is wanting these we do have them in stock at Pitbull Powersports. Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions about this product. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by phillip@pitbull View Post
    Guys and gals, there are two versions of these available the XP-1 and the XP-3 from the same manufacturer. Len and I have personally tried both on a 2013 Spyder that would not even kick on the LED lights - DEAD! When we tried the XP-3 it would not jump off the Spyder. It will jump off a Spyder with a low battery but not a dead one. Next we tried the XP-1 and we were amazed. It started a Spyder 40 times straight and then started his GMC 3/4 ton pickup with a 6.0 Supercharged engine. I am totally impressed with the XP-1 which we now stock and retails for about $150. If anyone is wanting these we do have them in stock at Pitbull Powersports. Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions about this product. Thanks!

Sorry Phillip but that statement does not hold water. possibly the XP-3 that you used was defective or not the one that you want to promote, (kind of tacky on my part but just responding to a tacky post on my thread). According to the company (as stated below) the xp-3 is geared more towards charging i-phones etc but has the same Jump Starting ability and capacity as the XP-1 without all the frills and extra ports.

Antigravity Batteries Micro-Start XP-1 Personal Power Supply (XP1) $145
    Quantity 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Add to cart
    The Antigravity Batteries Micro-Start Personal Power Supply is the world's smallest jump box. It will easily jump-start your vehicle several times on a single charge, and also power and recharge your portable electronic devices. The lithium battery maintains a charge for about a year and there are over-charge and over-discharge protections for long battery life. The Micro-Start shuts off automatically when not in use. The Micro-Start also features a LED flashlight with strobe and SOS functions. In addition to the port for the jumper cables, the Micro-Start XP-1 has three power ports: a 19v for laptops, 12v standard, and 5v USB for USB devices. Numerous adapter plugs for many different kinds of electronic devices are included, as are a 12v DC charging plug, 110v AC charging plug, and carry case to keep everything organized.
    Antigravity Batteries Micro-Start XP-3 Personal Power Supply (XP3) $120
    The Antigravity Batteries Micro-Start XP-3 has the same cranking amps, reserve, internal battery, and flashlight as the Micro-Start XP-1 and will jump-start your vehicle just as well and just as many times, but is optimized for powering and recharging only USB portable electronic devices. A single 5v USB output port connects to a cable with three of the most common USB plugs. Jumper cables, USB cables, 12v DC charging plug, and 110v AC charging plug are included. There is no carry case. The XP-3 is also slightly smaller, lighter, and cheaper than the XP-1.
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Sorry Phillip but that statement does not hold water. possibly the XP-3 that you used was defective or not the one that you want to promote, (kind of tacky on my part but just responding to a tacky post on my thread). According to the company (as stated below) the xp-3 is geared more towards charging i-phones etc but has the same Jump Starting ability and capacity as the XP-1 without all the frills and extra ports.

The Antigravity Batteries Micro-Start Personal Power Supply is the world's smallest jump box. It will easily jump-start your vehicle several times on a single charge, and also power and recharge your portable electronic devices. The lithium battery maintains a charge for about a year and there are over-charge and over-discharge protections for long battery life. The Micro-Start shuts off automatically when not in use. The Micro-Start also features a LED flashlight with strobe and SOS functions. In addition to the port for the jumper cables, the Micro-Start XP-1 has three power ports: a 19v for laptops, 12v standard, and 5v USB for USB devices. Numerous adapter plugs for many different kinds of electronic devices are included, as are a 12v DC charging plug, 110v AC charging plug, and carry case to keep everything organized.
    The Antigravity Batteries Micro-Start XP-3 has the same cranking amps, reserve, internal battery, and flashlight as the Micro-Start XP-1 and will jump-start your vehicle just as well and just as many times, but is optimized for powering and recharging only USB portable electronic devices. A single 5v USB output port connects to a cable with three of the most common USB plugs. Jumper cables, USB cables, 12v DC charging plug, and 110v AC charging plug are included. There is no carry case. The XP-3 is also slightly smaller, lighter, and cheaper than the XP-1.
    I don't see anything "tacky" about Pitbulls report At first glance it does seem that the 3 is a lesser version that the 1, that was my first thoughts when I read about these sometime back. Upon looking into it further I learned that the two models have the same internals. An easy mistake to make. The fact is, they simply had a bad connection with the 3 or a bad set of cables or perhaps a fuse. It happens out of the box on occasion with any product.
    Happy Spyderlovers

phillip@pitbull

My response was meant to be purely factual. We had the manufacturer here on site when we did the demo of both the XP-1 and XP-3 units. We actually had 2 brand new out of the box XP-3 units to demo - both units were unable to start or even make the Spyder click - we did not want to falsely test his product. The manufacturer was also surprised at the results because his tech department told him the internals of both battery packs were exactly the same. The only difference when having them side by side is the actual size of the battery pack which is quite noticeable. I will post a pic shortly.

Spyder Garage

I have to agree Joe that the XP3 was either defective or not connected properly. I hate to see a product bad mouthed when it may not be the case with all XP3's. I bought an XP1 last fall and the first one just didn't work. I talked to the company and they said there is some type of internal safety fuse that must of tripped during the factory testing. They sent out a whole new kit, no questions asked. I've never used it in an actual emergency but it's worked perfect in all the little tests I've tried it for so far. It runs a laptop for about 6 hours and started my 485 John deere last winter when the battery was dead in below zero temps.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StanProff View Post
    I don't see anything "tacky" about Pitbulls report At first glance it does seem that the 3 is a lesser version that the 1, that was my first thoughts when I read about these sometime back. Upon looking into it further I learned that the two models have the same internals. An easy mistake to make. The fact is, they simply had a bad connection with the 3 or a bad set of cables or perhaps a fuse. It happens out of the box on occasion with any product.

That was my point.

cruzr joe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by phillip@pitbull View Post
    My response was meant to be purely factual. We had the manufacturer here on site when we did the demo of both the XP-1 and XP-3 units. We actually had 2 brand new out of the box XP-3 units to demo - both units were unable to start or even make the Spyder click - we did not want to falsely test his product. The manufacturer was also surprised at the results because his tech department told him the internals of both battery packs were exactly the same. The only difference when having them side by side is the actual size of the battery pack which is quite noticeable. I will post a pic shortly.

You did not say that, you only said the XP-3 did not work, in direct conflict with what I said after my test. No problem, but I did want to clarify that both units are basically the same

cruzr joe
    Last edited by Cruzr Joe; 03-26-2014 at 09:44 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default CAUTION

There are 2 packagings of the XP-3. One comes with the zippered cloth case & I-phone 5 cable, and the other only comes in a pasteboard box. Most on e-bay do not come with the case. I caught that just before making an ordering mistake. I just received mine with case from GNH Cycle for $116.99 free shipping through e-bay.
    Roger

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    There are 2 packagings of the XP-3. One comes with the zippered cloth case & I-phone 5 cable, and the other only comes in a pasteboard box. Most on e-bay do not come with the case. I caught that just before making an ordering mistake. I just received mine with case from GNH Cycle for $116.99 free shipping through e-bay.
    Roger

I got the one with the case also, i love it

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Default micro start

just got mine yesterday and charged it last night. a big difference from the one i have now. just hope i never need to use it
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

John,
    I'm hoping the exact same thing for you!
    But still; it's better to have it, and not need it, than need it, and NOT have it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Picked this one up on Amazon.ca (couldn't get your brand in Canada) it's essentially the same and works great. I started my car and SUV 4 times each with no problem in -10c temperatures!

http://www.amazon.ca/13600mAh-Multi-...=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

Spyder Garage

Default Delayed

I ordered my XP3 last week, directly from Anti-Gravity. I got an order confirmation but did not get shipping notice, so I fired off an email to find out what's up. They promptly replied saying they are out of stock and are waiting for a part to make more. They will likely ship next week.

Wouldn't you know it! You hooligans beat me to it and cleaned them out!

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Found these in the UK.
    They're selling at £179.99! ( $298ish!!)

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

OJ

You can purchase ones on e bay uk from about £45 - £60 Not the same make but ones manufactured by FLOUREON - Multi-Function Car Jump Starter Battery Charger Power Bank New

These are manufactured in China and may well be the same but badged as Anti-Gravity for the USA Market

Re this statement from Anti-Gravity - Our regular Antigravity Batteries are made in the USA, but the Micro-Start was made overseas. We had to because no one in the USA could help us with the circuit board and battery cells we needed to make it function as intended.”

see

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portable-Mini-12V-Car-Jump-Starter-Jumper-Booster-Battery-Charger-Pack-13600mAh/251485338255?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkpa rms=aid%3D222006%26algo%3DSIC.FITP%26ao%3D1%26asc% 3D20203%26meid%3D5765031235400220943%26pid%3D10001 1%26prg%3D9063%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D22139863 8359

Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Cheers Eddie! They have them on Amazon as well.
    The point I was trying to make was that the AntiGravity branded ones were twice the price in the UK! ( If you buy from a retailer.)

Very Active Member Silvervette05's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Joe 2 weeks ago some one started a battery thread and you talked about the XP3, well I got one and it is the bomb it fits
    anywhere I want, its perfect Thanks for the heads up

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Silvervette05 View Post
    Joe 2 weeks ago some one started a battery thread and you talked about the XP3, well I got one and it is the bomb it fits
    anywhere I want, its perfect Thanks for the heads up

I know, this thing fits anywhere, and is really cool, glad you got one but hope you never need to use it except to help someone else, i only posted about it because i thought it was perfect for a bike.

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Default Micro Start report

Some co-workers had doubts about the micro start being able to work due to the small size. I have the micro gravity xp1 and we decided to put it to the test. We unhooked the battery on a Toyoda Tacoma V-6 and a Nissan Altima 2.5 four. (the Nissan was mine). We started the Tacoma 11 times and didn't want to damage the starter so we went to the Altima and proceeded to start it 8 times (like i said, it is mine so didn't take any chances with the starter ). I am sold on it. It was still showing 3 lights out of five on the charge indicator. My co workers couldn't believe it. I can't say anything about the other brands, I've looked at some on the net and have no comment on those. I can say the Anti Gravity Micro Start is very well made and has a feel of quality to it. I highly recommend it.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StanProff View Post
    Some co-workers had doubts about the micro start being able to work due to the small size. I have the micro gravity xp1 and we decided to put it to the test. We unhooked the battery on a Toyoda Tacoma V-6 and a Nissan Altima 2.5 four. (the Nissan was mine). We started the Tacoma 11 times and didn't want to damage the starter so we went to the Altima and proceeded to start it 8 times (like i said, it is mine so didn't take any chances with the starter ). I am sold on it. It was still showing 3 lights out of five on the charge indicator. My co workers couldn't believe it. I can't say anything about the other brands, I've looked at some on the net and have no comment on those. I can say the Anti Gravity Micro Start is very well made and has a feel of quality to it. I highly recommend it.

Thanks for your input, i agree and the XP-3 is basically the same battery but with different outputs on it ( it does not have a laptop port).

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    They have a few in stock, but Len will have more and on sale for Spyderfest. I have one of the ones he personally uses and it is very complete. A must have!

http://www.thepowerall.com/product.html

Are there any notable differences between the Powerall and the Antigravity units?
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Just when I thought I was done spending.