Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Micro-Start PPS (Emergency Battery) Test Results

OK so i got one of those Micro-start PPS emergency batteries the anti gravity ones, actually the XP-3 model, i got it about a week ago, charged it completely up and put it in the back of my Spyder in its bag (This thing is smaller and lighter than my Ipad).

Today i disconnected the battery to my 2010 Chevrolet Suburban, and then connected this XP-3 to the cables to see if it would start. It started my Suburban 4 times in a row with no problem, I did not want to try anymore because I did not want to damage my Suburban, the XP-3 lights showed that it was still fully charged.

I wanted this to be able to have a battery to jump start my Spyder in case of emergency ................. Well this little sucker works like a charm. I bet i could start 20 Spyders before it runs out of power.

Go to Amazon.com and google Anti Gravity Battery and they have two styles like this the XP-1 and XP-3, i think the XP-1 just has more attachments, the XP-3 has the Jumper Cables, a USB cable with 3 different outputs and a nice soft carrying case.

It is a lithium battery so you can charge it and it will hold that charge for a year or better and it appears to be the safest way to carry an extra power supply.

It comes with a car charger and a wall Charger ($110.00 AND UP CHECK EBAY OR AMAZON FOR FREE SHIPPING)

Update: fully recharged in 40 minutes with wall plug and now it heads back into its stoage place in the Spyder.

Cruzr Joe
    Last edited by Cruzr Joe; 03-17-2014 at 04:54 PM.
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default jumper

i have a different type and i have to keep it hooked up to the battery for a few minuets to charge the battery but thanks i am going to look up the one you have
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

The same night I bought the xp-1 my spyder battery died. Hmmm? Anyway, I'm with you...nice thing to have.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Joe,
    Do you have a link to a website for them?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Joe,
    Do you have a link to a website for them?

WWW.ANTIGRAVITYBATTERIES.COM
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Tanx!

Spyder Garage

Yes i sell them up here in Oregon, and boy they have saved a lots of people. the ATV groups really love them and my boating group have them for back up Radios power and starter power. This is a must have on spyders from 08-13 bikes or any bike. great saver to have in your car to. get one will pay for it self..

Spyder Garage

Sounds like a great back up. I will also have to check this out. Thank you for posting.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Red face Spyder tech review - Previously posted

http://spydertechnician.blogspot.com...new-micro.html

Have used it to recharge my phone, tablet, and start the spyder. Also, if you use BRP's custom bags. It fits nicely when placed in the left compartment before putting the bag in. fwiw

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

i just ordered one, it's better than the one i have
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    i just ordered one, it's better than the one i have

Good Move

Cruzr Joe

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Joe,
    I only took a quick peek at their site so far...
    Does that little powerhouse come with connectors, or do you order them separately?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Joe,
    I only took a quick peek at their site so far...
    Does that little powerhouse come with connectors, or do you order them separately?

It comes with battery connectors to start a vehicle and a 3 way power cord from usb to power a cell phone, Ipad and other stuff. all in one small soft case.

Cruzr Joe

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THIS DEVICE

ON E-BAY # 261418474596 ....$ 110.30......or bestoffer,with free shipping ................I'd try best offer first you have nothing to lose......Mike

Spyder Garage

Thank You Joe...

I just ordered one...

Silver RT Limited SE5 2013

BAJARON Anti-Sway Bar, BAJARON Heim Joints, SPYDERPOPS Bumpskid, SMOOTHSPYDER Belt Tensioner, SENA SM10 Dongle, CORBIN Passenger Armrest w. cupholder, UTOPIA Driver Backrest, SPYDERFLAP Mud Flap, STEBEL Nautilus Air Horn, TRICLED Rear Top LED Bar, TRICLED, 3rd & 4th Brake LED, TRICLED Mirror Turn Signal, TRICLED Tricfenderz LED Strip, CUSTOM DYNAMICS Front Mud Flap LED, CUSTOM DYNAMICS Amber Brightsides, CUSTOM DYNAMICS Red Brightsides, CUSTOM DYNAMICS Fender Tips ...

Spyder Garage

Just ordered mine
    Better then carrying jumper cables , plus able to charge phone when camping !

Thanks Joe for the heads up !

Spyder Garage

I am glad that i seen someone else's post on these, they are the best battery supplies that i have seen for motorcycles and cars.

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Default can you jump start the spyder with this through your 12-volt port on the bike?

Hi Joe:

This is awesome and didn't know it was even available but now I do thanks to you.

Hey- can you hook this up some how to jump start the Spyder via the 12-volt port in the trunk or does it have to be connected to the Spyder's battery posts?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    2015 RT-Limited SE6-TricLED Fender LED's (Red and Amber), 3rd LED Brake Light/Tail Light, ISCI Handbrake with black small hands handle,Spyderpops Rock Guard. ,Can-Am Adjustable Wing Vents, Bumpskid, Bajaron's Sway-Bar with metal Heim Joints. Elkas Stage 2 Plus., TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors, TricLED Jumper Port, Laser Aligned!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Elembytes View Post
    Hi Joe:

This is awesome and didn't know it was even available but now I do thanks to you.

Hey- can you hook this up some how to jump start the Spyder via the 12-volt port in the trunk or does it have to be connected to the Spyder's battery posts?

Thanks!
    Cannot boost through the 12V accessories port. I am guessing you have 2012 or older Spyder. In that case you can't push 150 to 200 amp through a 3 amp fuse and a 22 gauge wire.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was wondering about that... Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Elembytes View Post
    Hi Joe:

Thanks!

No this needs to be at the battery for best results you may be able to use the battery terminal posts under the seat on an older RT, don't know where they are on a ST or a RS, someone correct me if i am wrong.

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Thanks I just saw this at one of my local motorcycle shops and was wondering how well they work. On my add-on list now.
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Spyder Garage

Default Okay---how about this---

I suppose hooking it through a tender pigtailed directly to the battery terminals wouldn't work either then, am I right?

Just trying to think in an emergency an easy way to use something like this without the hassles of trying to get to the battery easily. It is a 2012 RTS-SE5 that I have.

Thanks for this tidbit though--sounds awesome---just was thinking of an easier way to hook up is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    No this needs to be at the battery for best results you may be able to use the battery terminal posts under the seat on an older RT, don't know where they are on a ST or a RS, someone correct me if i am wrong.

Cruzr Joe
    2015 RT-Limited SE6-TricLED Fender LED's (Red and Amber), 3rd LED Brake Light/Tail Light, ISCI Handbrake with black small hands handle,Spyderpops Rock Guard. ,Can-Am Adjustable Wing Vents, Bumpskid, Bajaron's Sway-Bar with metal Heim Joints. Elkas Stage 2 Plus., TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors, TricLED Jumper Port, Laser Aligned!

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info. Just added the xp-3 to my wish list

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    2014 RT-S Cognac, Zumo 660, CB