Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Ok, picked up the gray wire at the headlight and the high/low circuit works perfectly on the Denali driving lights. 1 down!.

Spyder Garage

Default Am considering the Denali for our 14'

and I just wanted to check with the OP to see if he has any other updates before I order them. Thanks.
    Lets ride!!!!

Spyder Garage

IMG_1703.jpgIMG_1707.jpgIMG_1708.jpg
    IMG_1706.jpgIMG_1711.jpg

just realized I never posted any pictures after I installed the Denalli D2's on my bike - I had my dealer install them and tie them directly to the hi/low beam switch on the bike (didn't use the included switch that comes with them)

and yes, I need to wash my ride - the Love Bugs are out in force down here in Florida and they make quite the mess......
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks!! I see they are fender mounted..

Quote Originally Posted by lookerjdc View Post
    IMG_1706.jpgIMG_1711.jpg

just realized I never posted any pictures after I installed the Denalli D2's on my bike - I had my dealer install them and tie them directly to the hi/low beam switch on the bike (didn't use the included switch that comes with them)

and yes, I need to wash my ride - the Love Bugs are out in force down here in Florida and they make quite the mess......
    Are those fender mount brackets an option specific for the Spyder, or a universal that are modified to fit? Are you pleased with your decision on the Denali choice, any issues with vibration with them fender mounted? And lastly, how long did the dealer take to install, just gauging if I will do myself or have dealer install. Thanks!!
    Lets ride!!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wis2013rtltd View Post
    Are those fender mount brackets an option specific for the Spyder, or a universal that are modified to fit? Are you pleased with your decision on the Denali choice, any issues with vibration with them fender mounted? And lastly, how long did the dealer take to install, just gauging if I will do myself or have dealer install. Thanks!!
    Twisted Throttle) sells a Denalli universal mounting kit

now, the secret to mounting on the fenders as I did is you have to cut their spacers almost in half to allow for full clearance if you ever have to do a 'hard' turn

I am totally pleased with the Denalli's - I had looked at a number of different options but the Denalli LED's are very well made, very bright (you will need to play with the pointing adjustment so you don't blind oncoming traffic)

I don't find there to be any more 'vibration' with the lights mounted on the fenders vs on the 'A' bars - I wanted them on the fenders so the light turns with the wheels instead of the bike

I was the first person to have this installation done at my local dealer so it took them a little longer then expected but it was only about 90 minutes or so.... a week later my brother brought his bike in to have the same lights installed the same way (except he used the included hi/low switch) and it took the dealer a little over an hour to do it

i just found this thread on the Denalli's: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=686879
    Last edited by lookerjdc; 05-06-2014 at 03:03 PM.
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks lookerdjc

that is exactly the type of info. I was looking for!!
    Lets ride!!!!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lookerjdc View Post
    IMG_1706.jpgIMG_1711.jpg

I see you have them hanging down, with the mount above the light. With the hi/low beam feature the optics have to be oriented in one direction only, right? So can the optic be mounted in the housing in any of 4 90° positions, or did your dealer inadvertently mount them upside down? I don't see this addressed in their installation instructions. How about left/right aim since they are mounted solid in that direction? The only adjustment you have is up/down, right?
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I was able to pick up the gray wire right at the headlights, they work great now. I keep them on low all the time and watch out if I flash my highbeam is all I can say. When I ride behind a slow car on the free way, on blink and bam, out of my way! lol Still cannot figure out video, I will have to see if Don can show me how.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    I see you have them hanging down, with the mount above the light. With the hi/low beam feature the optics have to be oriented in one direction only, right? So can the optic be mounted in the housing in any of 4 90° positions, or did your dealer inadvertently mount them upside down? I don't see this addressed in their installation instructions. How about left/right aim since they are mounted solid in that direction? The only adjustment you have is up/down, right?
    you can mount them above, below, or forward (tho this would require some other modifications) of the mounting point I used - I am playing with different orientations and yes, each placement would require you to point them slightly differently

the lights come with 2 different lens covers:
    • 2 x spot driving beam lenses (10 degree beam pattern)

• 2 x flood beam lenses (25 degree beam pattern)

Spyder Garage

These are the smaller version of the ones I installed, I think they put out a lot less light too.