Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Power Commander V or Juice Box Pro Maps

It is understood if you leave your exhaust stock and change the air intake to something like the Kewl Metal intake, the EFI system on the Spyder will compensate. Likewise, if you leave the intake alone and add a less restrictive exhaust, the EFI has the ability to compensate.

However, I am contemplating JT's new air filter and cat bypass along with my existing Two Brothers muffler. Needless to say, this combination will significantly lean out the stock EFI.

When looking at the maps available for either the PCV or Juice Box Pro, none of them deal with a wide open intake and exhaust. So here's the question. Does anybody have a map, in either PCV or JBP format for a which has had the intake, cat, and muffler replaced to a less restrictive design???

Silver Shadow
    2013 RT-S Lamonster Edition (vented windshield,
    NBV highway pegs, Two Brothers exhaust)
    Additional Mods: SpyderPops BumpSkid, Elka 1+ shocks, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

On my RS I am running evo race air filter and hindle exhaust with Juicebox Pro map 3.This past fall I installed an afr gage.Since installing the gage I have been trying to lean out the bike in the cruising range to get better gas mileage by adjusting the trim in the low and mid rpm range.My laptop that I have the software loaded on quit working and I have not adjusted anything lately but I am running around 13.2 afr with the set-up as is and richer on acceleration.If I had it to do over again I would have installed the afr gage first as I think the ecm may be able to adjust but I will know for sure when the weather around here warms up and I get my laptop fixed.I plan on loading the 0 map and see what readings I get.

Spyder Garage

I would install the A/F gauge on your spyder after the mods to see if it is running to lean. Then add what ever fuel control if you need.

2014 RTS SE6 White
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Elka front shocks supplied by Pitbull Power sports.
    Aligned By Squared Away
    Smooth Spyder belt tensioner
    Sprderpops Bump skid
    BRP TRI AXSIS Handle bars
    Luggage rack
    2013 STS SE5 Circuit Yellow. The Jenny Mobile!

Spyder Garage

Arrow

Old post but worth the read. Would like to hear comments and comparative results. If any.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ght=fuel+gauge

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    Old post but worth the read. Would like to hear comments and comparative results. If any.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ght=fuel+gauge
    Missed this thread,but it confirms my results.Now I don't run in the lower rpm ranges very much,I try to keep it above 4,500 rpms and most of the time I like 5500-6500 and my bike seems to like it!Sorry if it feels like we are hijacking this thread but I agree that after your mods get an AFR gage first and then go from there.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OldCowboy View Post
    When looking at the maps available for either the PCV or Juice Box Pro, none of them deal with a wide open intake and exhaust. So here's the question. Does anybody have a map, in either PCV or JBP format for a which has had the intake, cat, and muffler replaced to a less restrictive design???
    I just performed the same mods - KewlMetal Air Filter, Cat Bypass and Akrapovic Silencer. I have installed a PCV with AutoTune. I spoke with DynoJet and they said to start with the map for the Two-Brothers slip-on and Green air filter (25-010-002 on their site) as that is pretty close. From there, the AutoTune will adjust.

For a PCV, you can try to find a tuning center that can make you a custom map. If you can wait, I can send you my map after I get the bike running in the spring. I figure I'll need 2-3 weeks for the AutoTune to make the adjustments and I'll just keep updating the base map weekly. I can send you that map which will probably work nicely for your setup.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stewartj239 View Post
    I just performed the same mods - KewlMetal Air Filter, Cat Bypass and Akrapovic Silencer. I have installed a PCV with AutoTune. I spoke with DynoJet and they said to start with the map for the Two-Brothers slip-on and Green air filter (25-010-002 on their site) as that is pretty close. From there, the AutoTune will adjust.

For a PCV, you can try to find a tuning center that can make you a custom map. If you can wait, I can send you my map after I get the bike running in the spring. I figure I'll need 2-3 weeks for the AutoTune to make the adjustments and I'll just keep updating the base map weekly. I can send you that map which will probably work nicely for your setup.
    Hey, Stewart, thanks. I'd really appreciate that.

Silver Shadow

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The local Spyder service tech told me today he has added after market retuners to bikes, and then taken them off. Tapping into the ECM wires and sensors is prone to making Nanny unhappy and can cause her to throw dozens of error codes.

His caution - know what you are doing and be ready to spend the time to tweak the program. It's not that it can't be done, but this is definitely one mod that you cannot install and forget.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Hey, Stewart, thanks. I'd really appreciate that.
    No problem. How about sending me a PM around mid-April. Hopefully by then, the weather will be better and I'll have some time spent on the bike to get a stable map.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    The local Spyder service tech told me today he has added after market retuners to bikes, and then taken them off. Tapping into the ECM wires and sensors is prone to making Nanny unhappy and can cause her to throw dozens of error codes.
    Did he give you specific examples - makes, models, manufacturers? I know I've read dozens of posts where people have added tuners and have not heard of this as an outcome. I can see the possibility of error codes, but I don't see why the nanny would care. It would be nice to have the details.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post

His caution - know what you are doing and be ready to spend the time to tweak the program. It's not that it can't be done, but this is definitely one mod that you cannot install and forget.
    Sounds bogus to me. Both the JB Pro and PCV use OEM connectors and intercept and replace the signal between the ECM and the injectors. I don't see how Nanny could even be aware of them.

Silver Shadow

Spyder Garage

Sounds bogus to me. Both the JB Pro and PCV use OEM connectors and intercept and replace the signal between the ECM and the injectors. I don't see how Nanny could even be aware of them.
    My RS (JB Pro, Yoshi pipe, Kewlmetal intake) throws a check engine light every now and again right after start-up. When Lamont did my laser alignment I had SpyderPops plug my RS into BUDS just to see my codes-- turns out, I had dozens of emissions faults stored on the bike.

They've never caused a problem, and the check engine light resets if I restart the bike. I don't know if I should be worried that I'm harming the engine, but the bike runs great, plugs are clean, etc. so I haven't worried about them. My guess is the faults just occur when I tweak my JB Pro dial to adjust for temps/altitude.
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daveinva View Post
    My RS (JB Pro, Yoshi pipe, Kewlmetal intake) throws a check engine light every now and again right after start-up. When Lamont did my laser alignment I had SpyderPops plug my RS into BUDS just to see my codes-- turns out, I had dozens of emissions faults stored on the bike.

They've never caused a problem, and the check engine light resets if I restart the bike. I don't know if I should be worried that I'm harming the engine, but the bike runs great, plugs are clean, etc. so I haven't worried about them. My guess is the faults just occur when I tweak my JB Pro dial to adjust for temps/altitude.
    Emissions faults would likely result from running the engine too rich, especially at idle. They are caused by your settings, and may or may not be able to be resolved while still achieving the performance level you seek. To the EPA "performance" is a naughty word!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!