Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluestratos View Post
    I am not sure what happened but the loud noise my 14' is making is still there. When we took the bikes out on Sunday afternoon I had my helmet closed which muffles the noise nicely. Last night it was warm (50's) so I rode as I prefer to, open face and dang.... the noise is there as loud as ever. You only hear when moving above say 10 mph. The sound is consistent and only changes slightly with speed. It is not RPM related or gear related, just as steady loud noise that is very hard to describe. It is loud enough to compete with the Radio so I have to have the radio up way too loud now.

Has any other 2014 RTSE6 noticed this sound?

I have about 500 miles on mine and I have a mechanical noise that sounds like a dozen sewing machines at 30-50 mph and no load.
    It goes away on slight acceleration and deceleration.
    Above 50 the wind and road noise cancels it.
    That's one reason that I want a different exhaust that will hide the noise.
    2015 RTS Ltd Spyderpops bumpskid, Dual Isci Hand Brake ,Baker Wind Wings

2016 Polaris Slingshot SL

Spyder Garage

If the noise is not normal then it will be my dealers problem to located it, I hope to go down and test ride another one to compare.

Spyder Garage

Well I took a demo ride at my dealership today and it has the exact same sound once it warms up so I am guessing it is just the way it is. I am trying to ignore it but it really sucks to buy a new machine that sounds like this. Theirs was much quieter than mine for the first mile then it quickly got to the same condition as mine. One thing I can say, the alignment was out on the test ride, mine feels like it is on rails, the test ride was very quirky and wind pushed it around a lot.