Spyder Garage

Default Brake Failure message

Just brought home the bike on thursday, rode all day Saturday with no problems [noticed vibration in handlebars around 95-100 kmh]then on Sunday I got a message scrolling across the speedo saying "Brake Failure" taking it back to the dealership today.Anyone have this happen?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Break fluid

Quote Originally Posted by Just Doo Me View Post
    Just brought home the bike on thursday, rode all day Saturday with no problems [noticed vibration in handlebars around 95-100 kmh]then on Sunday I got a message scrolling across the speedo saying "Brake Failure" taking it back to the dealership today.Anyone have this happen?
    Yeah I just got mine back out the shop for that its the break fluid.Try adding a little it should do the trick

Spyder Garage

On mine it was a fuse.

Spyder Garage

On mine it was a fuse.

Spyder Garage

While waiting for my bike during the 3K service, my dealer told me they received a brake failure warning after trying to "fix" my hand brake. I suggested they completely release the parking brake. They did, and the warning went away.

I once had my parking brake engaged but not enough to stop the bike from moving. When I put it in gear and started moving, the brake failure warning came on. I hit the parking brake to completely release it and the warning went away. But I don't know if that fits your scenerio.
    Happy Owner
    Chances are the referenced post is positive in nature, may result in a solution, alteration, modification, or highlights an extraordinary event or ride, that's worth posting.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Twodog185 View Post
    While waiting for my bike during the 3K service, my dealer told me they received a brake failure warning after trying to "fix" my hand brake. I suggested they completely release the parking brake. They did, and the warning went away.

I once had my parking brake engaged but not enough to stop the bike from moving. When I put it in gear and started moving, the brake failure warning came on. I hit the parking brake to completely release it and the warning went away. But I don't know if that fits your scenerio.
    You should have had a message that your parking brake was engaged before you had brake failure warning.