Spyder Garage

Default "Waiting For Parts"

Took the to the dealer last Tuesday 3/4/14. I had a list of things I wanted done as follows:

1. 2013-9 Warranty Campaign
    2. NHSTA service bulletin regarding water pump seal. MY coolant is leaking.
    3. Wrap exhaust headers with heat wrap. I requested that BRP as a sign of good faith, reimburse the dealer for both parts and labor to try to mitigate the ongoing heat problem.
    4. Install a Smoothspyder Belt Tensioner. I bought and supplied the part and asked again, as a sign of good faith, that BRP reimburse the dealer for the labor.
    5. Check and replace if necessary the evap canister.

Spoke to the dealer this morning and they are waiting for parts. They told me to expect a call on Thursday. They have done a fair amount of work on the in the past, and have convinced BRP to pay for a lot of it. For owners in Fairfield County, CT the dealer is Stamford Motorsports. Chris Vento, the service manager is a great guy. I highly recommend them.

I have had several conversations with Carlo Viola at BRP, and I find him less than sympathetic. His position is, get the work done, and then BRP will decide what they will reimburse for. Doesn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence. Now it is time to wait and see.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm glad to hear that progress is being made...
    I'm curious about your discussions with Carlo ; I've found him to always be sympathetic, helpful, and prompt in getting back to me with requested information...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

You say Carlos is less than sympathetic and then you say that BRP has paid for a lot of it. Kind of makes me think that they are trying, are you? just asking because they can't do everything everyone asks for for free. By your own statement they have paid for a lot.

How much more do you want??

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    You say Carlos is less than sympathetic and then you say that BRP has paid for a lot of it. Kind of makes me think that they are trying, are you? just asking because they can't do everything everyone asks for for free. By your own statement they have paid for a lot.

How much more do you want??

Cruzr Joe
    In the past I dealt with Damien Roy @ BRP. He was very helpful, and was instrumental in getting the work done. As for how much more do I want, I want my $30K to be dependable, not overheat, not have overwhelming gas fumes, not to have the evap canister fill with gas, and to not have gasoline boiling in the tank.
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Maybe it was just a bit of a "personality clash"?
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 03-11-2014 at 02:50 PM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Maybe it was just a bit of a "personaility clash"?
    I guess anything is possible. When I spoke to Carlo, I was very polite, outlined my concerns, and asked what BRP could/would do to address these concerns. It is my understanding from another member of this forum that Carlo was a BRP rep in years past, and was quite helpful. He then took a leave of absence for a couple of years, is now back, and strictly spouts the company line which is basically, "tough luck". It is very frustrating dealing with him, as he will not commit to anything, even though he talks a lot about how BRP wants it's customers to be happy with their purchase. It is evident to me from reading other posts on this forum that many other owners a frustrated as well. I guess all we can do is keep trying.

Spyder Garage

Default As underlined

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    In the past I dealt with Damien Roy @ BRP. He was very helpful, and was instrumental in getting the work done. As for how much more do I want, I want my $30K to be dependable, not overheat, not have overwhelming gas fumes, not to have the evap canister fill with gas, and to not have gasoline boiling in the tank.

I am hopeful that those items are resolved for you. It is good to see that BRP is involved and the dealer does not have to add that step in the process in resolving those issues. We never really had the hot foot issue on our 13' but the gas boiling and fuel smell are two things they never got a handle on. Maybe the update will cure those for you.-Good Luck.
    Lets ride!!!!

Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have now got over 300 miles on mine since the ECM update was completed and so far it has helped a bunch. I'm not going to make any final comments on the heat until summertime temps return but so far it has lowered the temps around my gas cap and glove box area. The metal backbone under the seat gets warm but no longer is it so hot you don't want to touch it. I still don't think the glove box will ever pass the "candy bar" test but I'm really happy!!
    Sold my 14 RTS went back to 2 wheels.
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE