Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by herrerao View Post
    I wanted to go Rotella (if I can find it) on my new to me 2020 RTL, BUT from what I read, Rotella T6 xxW40 weight oils don't carry the API SJ SL SM or SN rated as shown in the Owner's Manual. I know it's JASO MA2 rated so OK for , wet clutch, but I understand the "S" (for spark ignition) API ratings confirm suitability for gas engines and address certain additives which damage the catalytic converter (we have one, right?). As for the BRP oil, not only is it expensive, but it also breaks down well before 9,300 miles (more like 3,000-4,000) and it's a semi synthetic. Would appreciate feedback on this from more experienced owners. Thanks.
    If you want 5w40, here is another option.
    https://www.amazon.com/Castrol-Power...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Really like this thread.....

.....and vote for keeping it. I sold my 2014 RT-S SM6 5 years ago, thinking I was done riding forever. Changed my mind and bought a 2019 F3-T this week, 1100 odometer miles. This thread was very helpful. I've used Amsoil for many years and decided to go with the 10W-40 metric oil for the first oil change.

I recycle oil and purchase synthetic at NAPA so maybe I'll shop there next time. Noticed the comments regarding oil analysis at NAPA and will ask my local dealer about that. It'll be interesting to see what old oil looks like.

Thanks for all the folks who posted their oil brands. Where's the tire thread - just kidding.

-Bill from Marietta, GA.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-15-2022 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Moved the post title so ALL can read it - some readers ONLY see THREAD title, & never anything you put in the title field for later posts! ;-)
    2019 Black F3-T

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBill View Post

.....and vote for keeping it..... <snip> ...
    We really keep ALL the threads Bill. . Unless of course, some one/more than one starts posting things &/or links etc that break the Forum Rules! . Altho sometimes we might merge a couple that are discussing very much the same subject &/or asking the same question...

That's why there's so many oil threads; tire threads; & tire pressure threads; etc; etc..... All you've gotta do is search . and if you can't find what you're after that way, you can always ask a Moderator to help!

Cheers
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-15-2022 at 05:59 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Thanks, Peter. Knowing this thread will endure will enable me to Worry Less.
    2019 Black F3-T

Spyder Garage

Thanks, Peter. Knowing this thread will endure will enable me to Worry Less.
    So now all you gotta do is Ride More!!

Good thing you picked up that low milage 2019 F3-T!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-15-2022 at 11:53 AM. Reason: F3-T ;-)
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

.....and vote for keeping it. I sold my 2014 RT-S SM6 5 years ago, thinking I was done riding forever. Changed my mind and bought a 2019 F3-T this week, 1100 odometer miles. This thread was very helpful. I've used Amsoil for many years and decided to go with the 10W-40 metric oil for the first oil change.

I recycle oil and purchase synthetic at NAPA so maybe I'll shop there next time. Noticed the comments regarding oil analysis at NAPA and will ask my local dealer about that. It'll be interesting to see what old oil looks like.

Thanks for all the folks who posted their oil brands. Where's the tire thread - just kidding.

-Bill from Marietta, GA.
    Years ago, I purchased NAPA 15w50 full synthetic to use in my H-D. It was a bargain back then, and still is
    https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NOL75510

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue