Spyder Garage

Default new 2013 RT LIMITED

when we push the up botton on audio the volume graff only lights up about half way , turned off the auto speed volume control, no change. Is there a way to set max volume , that we can go back and delete and get full volume. Or is that full volume and no ones graff lights up all the bars? Thank you in advance for all input.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by R&L Limted View Post
    when we push the up botton on audio the volume graff only lights up about half way , turned off the auto speed volume control, no change. Is there a way to set max volume , that we can go back and delete and get full volume. Or is that full volume and no ones graff lights up all the bars? Thank you in advance for all input.
    In case you are just holding down the button, it needs to be repeatedly pushed...one step up or down for each poke. If you are doing this and it acts funny, then it may have a problem.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    In case you are just holding down the button, it needs to be repeatedly pushed...one step up or down for each poke. If you are doing this and it acts funny, then it may have a problem.
    It will go all the way down ( no sound) but it will only go half way up . should it go all the way to the top? can you ( perhaps dealer ) program for in showroom etc , so unless it is reset , that is as loud as it will play ?

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by R&L Limted View Post
    It will go all the way down ( no sound) but it will only go half way up . should it go all the way to the top? can you ( perhaps dealer ) program for in showroom etc , so unless it is reset , that is as loud as it will play ?
    In the preferences panel are several choices for audio adjustments, one of them being front to back ratio for volume. I don't know if that limits how many bars are lit or not, but check it anyway.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

As Scotty mentioned, holding the button down or up mutes and unmutes the audio. When you unmute by holding the button up, it goes back to the previously set volume level. To increase the volume further, try stepping the volume up by pressing and releasing the up volume button repeatedly. Each time you do this, the volume level goes up one step. The same works for decreasing the volume by repeatedly pressing and releasing the volume down button.

My experience is based on a 2010 RT, so it may be different than the 2013 RT...
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It is the same on the 13 RT's, pushing and holding it briefly will "mute" the audio. Push the button in steps to get the volume up more. I know mine will go all the way up but the factory speakers are crap so I'm currently fixing that as well!
    Sold my 14 RTS went back to 2 wheels.
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE

Spyder Garage

I wanted to say thank you for all the input , I was able to get the volume all the way up. y'all are right , the speakers are not good. Thank you again