Thread: hindle exhaust

Spyder Garage

Default hindle exhaust

how many miles would you put a spyder before you installed a hindle exhaust?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bhook View Post
    how many miles would you put a spyder before you installed a hindle exhaust?
    I've had mine installed at the dealer before I took receipt of it... so, I guess Zero
    Happy Spyder Owner - 2008 Millennium Yellow PE #2475
    HID lights, fog lights, Hindle exhaust, heated grips, anti-vibe bars, passenger extension pegs, BRP custom seat, seat cowl, sport rack/backrest, BRP saddlebags, CHAD black/smoke windshield, outdoor cover, Garmin Quest GPS, Rear axel billets.

Registered Users Jeff in Dallas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Did mine at the first service - 600 miles... only because the dealer didn't have any in stock when I bought the Spyder!

Spyder Garage

Default Hindle Pipe

I installed mine at the 300 miles service, now have 2200 miles and it sounds GREAT!

Spyder Garage

Has anyone noticed their hindle getting louder? I now have over 5500 miles and put the hindle on at about 800 miles. Noticed it is alot louder within the past couple of rides. Even a friend that rides motorcycles with me since day one noticed it today.
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder-dude View Post
    Has anyone noticed their hindle getting louder? I now have over 5500 miles and put the hindle on at about 800 miles. Noticed it is alot louder within the past couple of rides. Even a friend that rides motorcycles with me since day one noticed it today.
    My Hindle may be getting louder but there has not been a sudden, drastic change in its sound so I can't say for sure. I would guess that I have 6,000 miles on the Hindle now.

Spyder Garage

Eventually you have to re-pack them with fresh fiberglass.
    In the twisties I was playing the tart...
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Installed Hindle today

Installed my new Hindle today with 3560 miles on the bike. The installation went well. The one tough job was the removal and reinstall of the spring holding the mufler to the manifold. Thank heavens for vise grips! Bike sounds wonderful! Low throaty rumble . I am very pleased with the new pipe.

Jack H.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder-dude View Post
    Sort of... On longer rides, when the Hindle gets hotter, I've noticed (and been told) it seems to have a deeper growl, kinda like a Nascar. So, it definitely growls deeper (very cool!) but isn't necessarily louder.
    Happy Spyder Owner - 2008 Millennium Yellow PE #2475
    HID lights, fog lights, Hindle exhaust, heated grips, anti-vibe bars, passenger extension pegs, BRP custom seat, seat cowl, sport rack/backrest, BRP saddlebags, CHAD black/smoke windshield, outdoor cover, Garmin Quest GPS, Rear axel billets.