Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Got my order in today for the Elio!

So, I know this is not a Spyder related post but this vehicle will be parked in my garage next to my 2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S, so that has to count for something. Elio Motors is now taking reservations for an 84 MPG 3-wheel "motorcycle" that will sure look familiar to all of us here. I just purchased my spot in line for ownership of one! Very cool. I will hopefully be able to make it to Phoenix on Thursday to sit in a prototype. Best thing is it's American made and based out of Phoenix, AZ at this time. 84 MPG on highway even with the AC on....come on, why couldn't Can-Am have done this. And it's even 200 pounds heavier than an RT-S. An 8 gallon tank and 672 mile capacity....Holy Cow. Can it really be true.

Thoughts? Anyone out here in SpyderLand put an order in for one? Will you replace your Spyder with it? I hear they will have sunroof options, and who knows, maybe even a convertible Elio someday, lol!

http://www.eliomotors.com/

Spyder Garage

What is the agreed delivery date for your new Elio car?
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Well, they start manufacturing the last quarter of this year. With delivery set for 1st quarter 2015, so they claim. There were 8 different level reservation groups, and I am in the 4th level group ($100 non-refundable deposit and a free Elio t-shirt). They claim 250,000 units can be produced each year in the old Hummer plant in Louisiana. So I'm thinking delivery would be the end of 1st quarter 2015 or 2nd quarter, since I am around the 11,000 person, give or take a hundred or so. Worst case scenario I lose $100 if I change my mind and I bought a $100 tshirt, lol.

elio.jpg

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

.............A word of caution.......Have you ever heard the phrase " if it sounds to good to be true ".........................But Good Luck and keep us posted.....Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AZLife View Post
    Well, they start manufacturing the last quarter of this year. With delivery set for 1st quarter 2015, so they claim. There were 8 different level reservation groups, and I am in the 4th level group ($100 non-refundable deposit and a free Elio t-shirt). They claim 250,000 units can be produced each year in the old Hummer plant in Louisiana. So I'm thinking delivery would be the end of 1st quarter 2015 or 2nd quarter, since I am around the 11,000 person, give or take a hundred or so. Worst case scenario I lose $100 if I change my mind and I bought a $100 tshirt, lol.

elio.jpg
    so you made a $100 payment and do not have a contracted delivery date. Do I understand this correctly?
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    .............A word of caution.......Have you ever heard the phrase " if it sounds to good to be true ".........................But Good Luck and keep us posted.....Mike
    I hear what your saying my fellow SpyderLover brother....But as I mentioned, it's basically a free spot in line to buy one first, if you purchase this really cool looking t-shirt today for $100. And the tshire will be delivered this month . With free shipping no less Gotta keep the faith and be positive!

elio tshirt.jpg

Spyder Garage

And the tshire will be delivered this month . With free shipping no less Gotta keep the faith and be positive!

elio tshirt.jpg
    I hope you enjoy the shirt....really, I do.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Ashley View Post
    so you made a $100 payment and do not have a contracted delivery date. Do I understand this correctly?
    Yep, you understand this correctly. I imagine it would be no different than putting $1000 deposit down in 2013 for a 2014 Spyder to be delivered "sometime" in 2014. Even if you got a delivery date, would it really matter when it comes down to production delays, recalls, other issues, etc, etc.

Spyder Garage

Wishing you the best of luck on your Elio. This is now about the fourth time the production date has been moved up. Last was December 2014. Now first quarter 2015. There is a closed thread on Elio on the site here--you may find the reading to be interesting. Type in Elio in the search engine. Worst case scenario--you bought a $100 t-shirt.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Wishing you the best of luck on your Elio. This is now about the fourth time the production date has been moved up. Last was December 2014. Now first quarter 2015. There is a closed thread on Elio on the site here--you may find the reading to be interesting. Type in Elio in the search engine. Worst case scenario--you bought a $100 t-shirt.
    I have two on reserve, I might lose $2,000. But I lost a lot more then that on my spyder
    2008 PE#306. And no customer service from BRP.

Spyder Garage

Really hope it works out for you! Ever heard of the Aptera? Similar to the Elio and reservations. Hard to find any info regarding what happened with reservations that people paid. Company's take reservations to build money in HOPES of getting the company moving in the right direction. In the case of the Aptera, that didn't happen. They stopped taking reservations and they went out of business. It now seems they were bought under a new name. Now I am sure there is more to the story that people could argue but....I say again, I really hope it works out for you!

Spyder Garage

Red face

AZLife,

One would think you had spent TAX dollars for all the sxxx you're taking. A whole $100.00 worth.

As some would close.

Just sayin

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Default Brother n Law

He has had one on reserve for over a year. He's built may hot rods and ever time I'm over at his house we talk about this
    car. They're so cheap I can't quite get it. But hope it comes true and he gets his soon.
    States Judy and I have visited so far on the

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

AZ...
    I sincerely hope that it all works out beyond your wildest dreams!
    Please keep us "in the loop"...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member bodymanpainter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The wife and I are going to Daytona Sunday to see them up close, we have been watching them for quite sometime and
    are interested in them but just can't bring ourselves to put any money down on something we haven't seen or driven,
    but we will continue to watch and wait for them to go into production before we jump on the band wagon.
    But I do hope they turn out to be what everyone that has laid out money for hopes they will be.
    Good luck,
    Toby
    2020 RTL

Spyder Garage

At the very worst, you lose a hundred bucks, don't sweat the small stuff, good luck and keep us posted.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

sounds like some people are going through a mid-life crisis

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RTVIPER View Post
    sounds like some people are going through a mid-life crisis
    RTViper, should I take it then that you will not be putting your reservation in for an Elio, lol. Don't worry, I'll still pull over and wait for you while you get gas on 3 different occasions during our weekend outings. Not to get down and dirty, but I believe you are barely getting 28 mpg. My Elio should easily double that, even on a bad day. And I definitely will not miss seeing a fuel light go on only after 127 miles ....LOL, it's all good. Just having some fun. I still love my Spyder and will probably be driving it for a very long time.

Spyder Garage

RTViper, should I take it then that you will not be putting your reservation in for an Elio, lol. Don't worry, I'll still pull over and wait for you while you get gas on 3 different occasions during our weekend outings. Not to get down and dirty, but I believe you are barely getting 28 mpg. My Elio should easily double that, even on a bad day. And I definitely will not miss seeing a fuel light go on only after 127 miles ....LOL, it's all good. Just having some fun. I still love my Spyder and will probably be driving it for a very long time.
    We really are hoping that you and all the other Elio depositors end up with the vehicle as advertised. There are a lot of hoops and hurdles involved with this one that seem very hard to overcome. They have been discussed ad-nauseum in previous threads. Good things do happen now and then.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

It appears to me that they have changed the front end ...the videos don't look like the newer version?

Spyder Garage

Default Here's the thing..!!

You will be lucky if anything is the same by the time it is put into production. They do a good job keep investors hopes up....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I stopped in to see it when I was in Daytona, look really nice but they still only have a plastic mock up for an engine and no mention of transaxel.I think the proto type has a 3 cylinder engine and transaxel out of I think a sprint.I hope that they do go into production but I don't see how it could possibly be sold for $6800.00

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm interested in seeing how this plays out. I hope for the best for all those who have put up some money already. Please keep us updated.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

About seven weeks later; any more news to report on them?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    About seven weeks later; any more news to report on them?
    Elio might be losing the option on its factory. See this article: http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/2...NESS/140424010

on the other hand, maybe not (my attorney told me to say this.)

counterpoint about 66% down the page: http://www.sb-d.com/Issues/Winter201...8/Default.aspx
    Last edited by Dan_Ashley; 04-27-2014 at 06:42 PM.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe