Spyder Garage

Default brake light not going off when taking foot off of brake

I have a 2009 can am spyder rs se5. I have installed floorboards, a hinged brake pedal, and a hand lever brake. Problem is that when I use the foot brake, the brake light does not go off. If I tap the pedal with my foot, it goes off. Dealer can't figure it out. The tried attaching an additional spring to the existing spring, but didn't help. If you use front hand brake by itself, it works fine. Any suggestions?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canner View Post
    I have a 2009 can am spyder rs se5. I have installed floorboards, a hinged brake pedal, and a hand lever brake. Problem is that when I use the foot brake, the brake light does not go off. If I tap the pedal with my foot, it goes off. Dealer can't figure it out. The tried attaching an additional spring to the existing spring, but didn't help. If you use front hand brake by itself, it works fine. Any suggestions?
    I had had the same issue after installing floorboards on my 12 RT Ltd. I fixed the problem by removing the small rubber stop that prevents the brake pedal from making metal to metal contact. I used a razor blade and shaved off a little bit of the rubber and reinstalled the stop...brake light operated as designed. Mentioned this fix to the BRP mechanics at last year's Owners Event and they said I did the right thing. Good luck!
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded