Spyder Garage

Default Insurance Question

I received an offer in the mail from AARP for insurance on Ruby. This is thru Foremost Insurance Group. I need insurance in Michigan after the great thaw and flood this spring. Has anyone tried Foremost? I am currently thru Progressive. Looking for a bit cheaper but reputable company.

Thanks in advance

Gary
    2012 RTS 2065 miles
    Web Boards, Champion Tour Full Cover
    USAF 67-71 Weapons Mechanic -Love my B-52
    Chance Favors The Prepared Mind

Spyder Garage

Can't speak to the ones you mention, take a look at GEICO. I think they are great, the more you insure (is that a word? sounds weird) the cheaper it gets.
    If you ryde like there's no tomorrow, there won't be any
    Accidents hurt - safety doesn't

Spyder Garage

Default AARP

I have 5 bikes thru Fourmost with full coverage on all of them. Four are Harleys (59, 79, 97, 05) and one RT Lmt (13). Costs me about $1250 a year to cover all. I am very happy
    with Fourmost but I have never had a claim, so don't know how they handle that.

I think I need to sell some Harleys since getting the trike I don't ride the 2 weelers very much.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

AARP puts together these "Group Rates" packages, and they may be pretty good...
    Foremost has been around for a very long time, and is a great Company.
    I don't use them for powersports; I use them for Mobilehome policies...
    It's worth a look!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Foremost is headquartered in Caledonia, MI and everything I have heard about them has been good. I thought I was getting Foremost last year but wound up with Progressive as it was a little cheaper for us.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I use Foremost , was a little cheaper , plus unlimited road service and trip interruption . I love in Michigan .

Spyder Garage

Talking Foremost has the best prices for a Spyder RT Limited!

I shopped around for more competitive insurance prices after having a $425 increase in my premiums after purchasing my new Spyder, and the AARP plan through Foremost was the best price I could find. I saved $350.00 annually by switching from Progressive to the AARP plan with Foremost. I don't have any claims yet so I'm not sure how good their customer service is. I still can't understand why the insurance rates to cover the Spyder are so high, these are not sports bikes, the owners are usually more mature people, and the price range is usually only between $15,000 - $33,000 so what are they basing these high premiums on? Some as high as $1000 a year! It makes no sense!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default INSURANCE

I have had FOREMOST for Snowmobiles and Spyders for years ......Currently two Spyders complete - full coverage = $ 412 per yr Total to cover both of them.........Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Cheaper INS.

I just switched ins from progreive at $665. to Allstate full coverage for $310 for a year
    satchmo60

Spyder Garage

I have Gecio Insurance on my 2012 RTS-SE5, I pay $716.00 for 12 months full coverage, + Towing And labor Cost, and MSF ,Renewal, Anti-Theft Discounts. Plus I have an excellent Driving Record. Gecio offers "Winter Storage Rate if you need it. Deanna777

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Insuance

I have Markel- $360.00 per year with $300,000 coverage, $1,000 deductible. I am 55.

Spyder Garage

Have been with Foremost for 7 years. No claims, but excellent rates. AARP Foremost was $100 more per year than using a Foremost Agent direct. AARP gets a cut when you use the AARP "discount" rate. Same thing when using AARP car insurance. They use the "Hartford Ins. Co.." and they get a cut from that also. AARP doesn't do anything for free! I am waiting for my agent to get back to me with a quote for the Spyder. She writes for Foremost, Progressive, and American Modern. Use an agent. It pays in the long run. Tom

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default AARP

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Have been with Foremost for 7 years. No claims, but excellent rates. AARP Foremost was $100 more per year than using a Foremost Agent direct. AARP gets a cut when you use the AARP "discount" rate. Same thing when using AARP car insurance. They use the "Hartford Ins. Co.." and they get a cut from that also. AARP doesn't do anything for free! I am waiting for my agent to get back to me with a quote for the Spyder. She writes for Foremost, Progressive, and American Modern. Use an agent. It pays in the long run. Tom
    I agree with the above ....annnnnnnnnnnnnnd if you really want some shocking info about AARP Google it .........just sayin Mike

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) BigLegMac's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just got for most insurance on my 2014 rts. Call this insurance company called American Adventure at 888-930-3680 . They will check different insurance companies for better rates. Foremost is one that they look at. I got extensive coverage even replacement of my new bike for two years.

Spyder Garage

Thanks all

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
    2012 RTS 2065 miles
    Web Boards, Champion Tour Full Cover
    USAF 67-71 Weapons Mechanic -Love my B-52
    Chance Favors The Prepared Mind

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Topshotta View Post
    Can't speak to the ones you mention, take a look at GEICO. I think they are great, the more you insure (is that a word? sounds weird) the cheaper it gets.
    I have Geico myself, on my 2012RTS-SE5. They also have "Winter Storage Rates ". This is will be my 2nd year with GEICO. Deanna777

Spyder Garage

Picked up my insurance today. What a surprise! I had already received a quote form the lizard, $997. Agent checked with all the companies she writes for. Progressive, $1100; Foremost, $600. And the winner is Dairyland. Bigtime! $314............ That's less money than my wing trike when I had it. These comparisons are apples to apples type. Same coverage, and we are talking higher end type. Full replacement for 2 years, comp, collision($500 ded), the works. She couldn't believe the price disparities between companies for the exact same coverage. She even beat American Adventure Ins.. I left a very happy customer. Tom

Spyder Garage

Default Insurance. Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Road Runner View Post
    I received an offer in the mail from AARP for insurance on Ruby. This is thru Foremost Insurance Group. I need insurance in Michigan after the great thaw and flood this spring. Has anyone tried Foremost? I am currently thru Progressive. Looking for a bit cheaper but reputable company.

Thanks in advance

Gary
    DddDdd

Very Active Member granpa in Cincy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Anyone have any information on Allied? Supposed to be a branch of Nationwide.

They just quoted me 229 less than Progressive. Progressive dinged me for wifes fender bender

in Kroger parking lot.