Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Givi 35 hard bags for 2014 STS

Has anyone installed these on a 2014 ST. I am being told that there is a different mounting kit then the kit used for a 2012 or earlier RS. Can anyone confirm this and do you have a part number for the 2013 mounting kit. Givi's site only shows one mounting kit. A seller on ebay tells me they can sell me the new mounting kit, but I want to confirm this information.

Spyder Garage

Yes that is correct. I had them on my 2011 RSS and when I bought my 2013 STS I found out the hard way. My dealer never told me that they wouldn't work and when I went to mount them found it out. I know last spring that BRP didn't sell the new brackets by themselves. I ended up selling my bags and kit and decided not to buy any more Givi's. I can't stand it when manufacturers to these changes and screw their customers.

Now I have an RT so don't have to worry about storage problems other than the RT is a bit smaller saddlebags.
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder-dude View Post
    Yes that is correct. I had them on my 2011 RSS and when I bought my 2013 STS I found out the hard way. My dealer never told me that they wouldn't work and when I went to mount them found it out. I know last spring that BRP didn't sell the new brackets by themselves. I ended up selling my bags and kit and decided not to buy any more Givi's. I can't stand it when manufacturers to these changes and screw their customers.

Now I have an RT so don't have to worry about storage problems other than the RT is a bit smaller saddlebags.

Thanks for the info. The seller on ebay is quoting me $200 more for a 2013 kit versus a 2012.