Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default My 13 RTS and the new mapping.

Got up to 50 degrees here today so decided to go out and see if my bike would accelerate above 85 mph. Well the bike starts easier, idles smoother, seems to pull a little harder and yes the heat issue seems to be better as well. Got a long straight stretch of road and hauled through the gears reaching what seemed to be a "limit" of 115mph. The bike would just not pull anymore or go any faster, that's it! Getting to 110 mph was an easy thing but to tweak that last 5 was hard but there is no more to be had, I think there is max this bike will go. After all that I was back to tooling around the roads at 50.
    Sold my 14 RTS went back to 2 wheels.
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE

Spyder Garage

How fast do you want it to go? It is the size of a barn door. If you want to go 160, buy a 'Busa!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member granpa in Cincy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

where around here did you get up to those speeds?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    How fast do you want it to go? It is the size of a barn door. If you want to go 160, buy a 'Busa!
    It's not about the speed for me but there was another post on here that a guy got his done and now can no longer get his above 85 mph. I was checking to see if that was the case, it clearly is not.
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I ran mine yesterday shifting at about 8000 and in no time I was up to 85....still had more to give but that was too fast for me.....wind was crazy strong....bike ran smooth...the good thing is the gas cap was not hot, as it usually is, weather was about 76 degrees...rode a little over 400 miles....I'm happy, happy, happy

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Wheel Addict View Post
    It's not about the speed for me but there was another post on here that a guy got his done and now can no longer get his above 85 mph. I was checking to see if that was the case, it clearly is not.
    Yes, he obviously has other problems that are not being addressed. Your top speed was typical for an RT.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    I ran mine yesterday shifting at about 8000 and in no time I was up to 85....still had more to give but that was too fast for me.....wind was crazy strong....bike ran smooth...the good thing is the gas cap was not hot, as it usually is, weather was about 76 degrees...rode a little over 400 miles....I'm happy, happy, happy

What kind of mileage did you get?
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It is SO good, to hear that from you!!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Well the bike starts easier, idles smoother, seems to pull a little harder and yes the heat issue seems to be better as well.
    ....bike ran smooth...the good thing is the gas cap was not hot, as it usually is, weather was about 76 degrees...rode a little over 400 miles.
    This is all encouraging good news.
    Marilyn 2023 RTL Red
    John 2023 RTL Black

previous:
    2015 RTS SE6 Red
    2015 F3S SE6 Silver
    2011 RT SM5 Silver
    2013 STS SM5 Silver

"common sense will prevail....but we see no sign of that"

Spyder Garage

I bought my 2013 RTS in Sept and have not received any notice from BRP that this is available for my Spyder. Did all of you receive a notice or did you have to ask for the mapping and fuse box sealing?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It sure wouldn't hurt to give them a call...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    I bought my 2013 RTS in Sept and have not received any notice from BRP that this is available for my Spyder. Did all of you receive a notice or did you have to ask for the mapping and fuse box sealing?
    There will be no notice sent you have to take it in and all 13 models will be connected to BUDS to see is you get the ECM update, however there are other issues you will get like sealing the fuse boxes against water intrusion. See you dealer and refer to bulletin 2013-9 they will know what to do.
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

well the wind was crazy strong....so only calculated in my head but about 30mpg....will check on a better day......before it was between 19 - 36......all in same day, almost same conditions....I'll check next time we are out...but happy today

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post

What kind of mileage did you get?

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

well the wind was crazy strong....so only calculated in my head but about 30mpg....will check on a better day......before it was between 19 - 36......all in same day, almost same conditions....I'll check next time we are out...but happy today

It's good to hear that your getting in some good riding after all the problems you have had........
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE

Spyder Garage

Fingers crossed here. Hoping the issues are now behind you.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default That's a shame

Got up to 50 degrees here today so decided to go out and see if my bike would accelerate above 85 mph. Well the bike starts easier, idles smoother, seems to pull a little harder and yes the heat issue seems to be better as well. Got a long straight stretch of road and hauled through the gears reaching what seemed to be a "limit" of 115mph. The bike would just not pull anymore or go any faster, that's it! Getting to 110 mph was an easy thing but to tweak that last 5 was hard but there is no more to be had, I think there is max this bike will go. After all that I was back to tooling around the roads at 50.
    The only way I can enjoy touring is at 120 mile an hour! Guess I'll have to trade in the Spyder
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    The only way I can enjoy touring is at 120 mile an hour! Guess I'll have to trade in the Spyder
    Can't see much at that speed it all goes by really fast! I did notice that the bike handles really well at high speed, much better than I thought it would.
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE