Spyder Garage

Default Patriotic - Veterans Tribute

My CAN AM Spyder went into the paint shop yesterday for some extensive patriotic graphics. The graphics will be to honor our veterans, past, present and future. The graphic artist is Robbie Norris in Lincolnton, NC, who has had his artwork featured in various magazines. I have provided him with the ideas and basics, but Robbie has the freedom to do whatever it takes to make the artwork flow and stand out. You can see his work at ROBBIESCUSTOMSHOWPAINT.COM. Graphics will be on Frunk, Knee Panels, Saddle Bags, Trailer Front Lid and Trailer Back Lid. I will post pictures when it is complete. The complete work will take about 30 days.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    50 YEARS & STILL GOING STRONG....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We'll be waiting to see the glorious results!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Waiting for the pictures too! Really nice polish job on the , would you be willing to do mine?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default POLISH???

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Waiting for the pictures too! Really nice polish job on the , would you be willing to do mine?
    Thanks - I just keep it clean with the BRP recommended polish.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It sure does shine!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Can't wait to see pictures..........or........bring it to Spyderfest and enter it in the bike show!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

No offense but...I don't understand how graphics on your personal property honors anybody or anything. A nice donation in the amount of money spent on graphics would help one of the approved veteran help organizations.

p.s. I'm a veteran

Spyder Garage

Honor given, or received is in the eye of the beholder. Flying the flag is an example. You don't have to personally appreciate it for it to be genuine. He has chosen this way and I would guess many will understand the intent.

p.s. I'm a veteran too...

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm not a veteran,so my opinion takes a backseat to people that are...But,anytime I see patriotic symbols,such as what is going to be displayed on his Spyder reminds me and makes me think of what our soldiers (my dad) had to go through in WW2...I then think of all of the others in all wars...When I see these things,it stops and makes me think that what I am doing at the time was made possible by these men and women...And,puts it all in prospective...Personally,I love what he is doing.....Thank you veterans for your service!

Spyder Garage

I can't wait to see the pics.

Spyder Garage

Default Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by redflasher View Post
    No offense but...I don't understand how graphics on your personal property honors anybody or anything. A nice donation in the amount of money spent on graphics would help one of the approved veteran help organizations.

p.s. I'm a veteran
    Thank You for your opinion and I agree that donations to various veterans groups is needed. I do donate generously to many of the veterans groups, VFW, AMVETS, DAV, Wounded Warriors, VA Hospitals, and many other veterans groups. I also donate to various Masonic charities, Shriner Hospitals, and my church as well as other churches. I am a Veteran, A Master Mason 32deg (PM), Lay Minister in my church, and ride with the Patriot Guard, a member of Rolling Thunder (r), and deeply involved with Quilts of Valor.

I have enough left over from the many $$$ being donated to the above charities and time to enjoy riding my Spyder, that I want to bring attention to the general population that they should make proper donations, as you mentioned, to their favorite charity, especially for the veterans.

My military service was in the US Air Force 1961-1965 and my contributions, time and display of military graphics to bring attention to our veterans is my way of saying 'THANK YOU" to the many who went to Viet-Nam, received the Purple Heart, carry the scars (internal and external) from the ravages of war, to those who paid the supreme sacrifice and never came home, and to the Gold Star Mothers, the families, the Veterans of ALL wars before and the Veterans of ALL future conflicts or wars we should encounter in order to preserve freedom at home and to introduce freedom in those countries who are suppressed.

I continue to defend the Constitution and respect your right to freedom of speech. Thank you again for providing your input, as it will satisfy you as well as cause others to create discussion. My choices will satisfy me and many others will enjoy seeing the display I am offering.

With your right to your opinion, I will remember it and support your request by giving more than before and requesting those who see the Spyder with the graphics, that they should remember the various Veteran organizations with their donations. You have made a good point and I will do my best to follow through.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.

God Bless the USA and may God keep the Veterans and first responders safe.

Spyder Garage

Harvey is yours a black or black currant? We have the black currant on order for April (if the freezer defrosts itself)

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

That black 2014 is wicked looking!..Love it!

Spyder Garage

Default COLOR

Quote Originally Posted by Vidman View Post
    Harvey is yours a black or black currant? We have the black currant on order for April (if the freezer defrosts itself)
    Mine is Black Currant...

Spyder Garage

Harvey,

Thank you and all veterans for their service (veteran here as well). You choose to honor (and it is honoring them, IMHO) in the way you see fit. Sounds like you are doing your part and then some. Can't wait to see it!!

Spyder Garage

Wink Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by GloryRyders View Post
    Can't wait to see pictures..........or........bring it to Spyderfest and enter it in the bike show!
    Thank You for the suggestion. We just registered for Spyderfest tonight. Now I need to find a campground that will accommodate our M/Home & trailer. Also, how does one enter the bike show? Be sure to look me up. You have our pictures and we should stand out in the crowd with swimsuits and all.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Thank You for the suggestion. We just registered for Spyderfest tonight. Now I need to find a campground that will accommodate our M/Home & trailer. Also, how does one enter the bike show? Be sure to look me up. You have our pictures and we should stand out in the crowd with swimsuits and all.
    You can do a search here on Spyderlovers to find other threads about camping at Spyderfest and I beleive that the fairgrounds (where most all the events are held plus vendor village is located) has an area for camping. Last discussions that we had is that you can contact them direct to get the details. Also you will be able to enter the bike show after you get to the event! We will be somewhere between Pitbull Powersports and the fairgrounds most of the week, glad to hear that you will be joining the PARTY!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards