Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Show Chrome Accessories Smart Mount Backrest Installation

Does anyone have experience installing the Show Chrome Accessories Smart Mount Backrest for the RT? Any suggestions regarding the install, or are the directions provided sufficient? I am out of town, and I haven't seen the directions, yet, but it was delivered this week and I'm going to mount in on my RT when I get home. Thanks . . .
    2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Default Backrest

The directions are great I had no problems. Except taking those 10mm bolts out of the back of the seat to take it off. I read a post that if you take the passengers backrest off they are easy to get at. Just open your trunk and there are three screws just below the lid. Remove those without pushing in on them or you'll push the threaded inserts in and lose them. Then pull the backrest off. This gives you more room for the wrench or socket and rachet. Hope this helps you if you didn't already install it. Russ

Spyder Garage

Default Piece of cake

I have the smartmount backrest and it's great. Easy process - just take your time cutting the seat - measure twice and cut once!
    ​Jeff

2012 RT Limited Lava Bronze (aka "The Bronze Beauty")
    Ultimate faux crocodile seat, backrest , and armrests in cognac-/black, Luggage nets, luggage, drink holders, top mirror, shorty antenna, SENA SMH10 headsets and SMR10 dongle, Garmin 665lm, Tri-pouch, Trunk mount flag poles, Custom Dynamics vent covers, Show Crome Luggage Rack, custom mud flap, Full Size Brake Pedal, Tricled mirror turn signals, LED strips on rear of front fenders, custom highway pegs, BakerBuilt Air Wings w/ Uppers
    2012 RT Limited , Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Yes I have the Smart Backrest also. The instructions were great. Before you take out the bolts holding the seat on stuff a couple of shop towels in the cavity just below the back of the seat. That way when you drop one the bolts it doesn't disappear into the Labyrinth. Believe me I know....lol Good Luck and enjoy it. Very Comfortable!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the advice . . . it was easy to install!
    2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)