Spyder Garage

Default Right Side Grill on Pre-2014 RT

So this has been covered a couple of times, but I am pretty excited about how this came out and I will be taking it a step farther after I make a decision... The grill I ordered came in today and I got to work on it tonight. It didn't take very long at all. Being overly cautious, I make a cardboard template of the lower part first so I could assess how much plastic to trim off. I actually went a little small so I left quite a bit on the grill when I trimmed it. The picture shows the amount that I trimmed off. I basically went just right along the bottom and did take a bigger portion off of the left side but less than I originally thought it would need. I also elected to leave the right tab on so really all I trimmed was the bottom and left side.

I have a couple of plastic rivet things left over from putting on the Bumpskid and I think I might use a couple to help hold it in place. I will update the pics once I do that later this weekend. I need to work on a method to keep the bottom of the block off pushed out flush with the rest of the plastic. Might just take a plastic rivet or two in the center of the whole piece between the grill and block off portion (not sure if that will be possible or not) or maybe something inside that will hold it. after I pull the body panels I will get that figured out.

As soon as I decide which one may work I will also be adding a secondary fan behind the grill. The goal is to push the hot air out past the airflow that comes back onto your foot. Not sure if that will work or not, but I'm a proponent of trying to evacuate as much heat as possible and get it out away from the critical components under the Tupperware and my leg. Additional pics to follow in a few weeks when I finally pick a fan. Looking at 5" to 7" ranging from roughly $35 to $80. I think I have determined that the 7" won't fit and 6.5" would be really tight. The most expensive is the 5" and it is still automotive grade and had decent output. I would like higher than what it is rated, but you can only do so much with those sizes I guess.

Right Grill cut.jpgRight Grill Inserted.jpgRight Grill final.jpg
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Looking good!
    You might want oto compare notes with MagDave; he also add one to his bike...
    on a good job; well done!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Ordered one for my 13 RTS today. Not a bad upgrade for 19 bucks!
    Sold my 14 RTS went back to 2 wheels.
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE