Spyder Garage

Default CB to helmet connector location?

I have a 2012 RT and getting the CB option installed. Can someone tell me where the cable that connects the CB to the Helmet would come out? On a GL 1800 is by the left front pocket. Where would this cable come out of on a RT? If you have a picture that would be great, I also ride a GL1800 and would like to use the same helmet for the RT and Wing. Looks like J&M has a new lower cable (~$80.00) that I can swap back in forth with unless someone has an adapter cable that I can leave connected on the RT that the GL1800 cable could plug into.

Many Thanks
    Tommy

Spyder Garage

image.jpg

The driver's DIN connector is in the middle blank cover of the four switches. Between the rear the grip heater switch (3) and the rear air suspension switch (4). The Spyder uses a J&M 7-pin lower cable and Honda uses a 8-pin lower cable.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 02-28-2014 at 12:38 AM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I have a 2012 RT and getting the CB option installed. Can someone tell me where the cable that connects the CB to the Helmet would come out? On a GL 1800 is by the left front pocket. Where would this cable come out of on a RT? If you have a picture that would be great, I also ride a GL1800 and would like to use the same helmet for the RT and Wing. Looks like J&M has a new lower cable (~$80.00) that I can swap back in forth with unless someone has an adapter cable that I can leave connected on the RT that the GL1800 cable could plug into.

Many Thanks
    Tommy
    What brand is your current headset? I have the Edset headphones and mic and was using the 2G module on the helmet. There were no adapter cables available to let me use the 2G module with the Spyder so I had to move up to the 3G module. Ed's 3G module uses an upper and lower cable so you could have two lower cables, one for the GW and one for the Spyder. I'm not familiar with what others offer but I'd think you would be quite happy with the Edsets equipment. I don't think the adapter cable you want exists. At least I couldn't find any.

BTW, the Spyder CB requires the use of the entertainment harness which is extra. That harness has a headset connector for the passenger.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Thanks stevedfive, that’s just what I was looking for…

WasWinger,
    I have the J&M head sets in my current helmets I was hoping to locate a 8 pin to 7 pin adapter that I could connect to the Can-Am and then be able to use my current Wing lower cable. It looks like I will need to get the J&M Z-series lower cable and go from there: http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....oductID=HC-ZVT

Have a safe weekend..
    Tommy

Spyder Garage

Sierra Electronics has the cable for $67.99.

http://www.sierra-mc.com/products.asp?cat=239

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    SpyderPhyl

2014 Cognac RT-LTD, SE6, ACE 1330

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

headset cover.jpg

All J&M headsets are 8 pin and the lower cords are the adapters to the bike setup. It's 5, 7, or 8 pin configuration on the bike end and all are 8 pin at the headset end.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 02-28-2014 at 04:01 PM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Thanks,,,
    I will get a new lower cord ordered...

Ride Safe..

Tommy