Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebar

Does anyone have the Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebar?
    Do you like them?

Trying to figure out if they bring a big improvement.
    Compared to stock handlebar, how far do the handles move away from the rider ?

The dealer I'm dealing with does not have any yet.

Thanks,

Spyder Garage

The ones from BRP only went up or down, and toward driver . I did not notice if it moved any farther forward. Other than rising 2 inches , they were not a benefit for me .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi, I had them installed on my 2014 and I really like them. The move back toward the rider by about 6". Remember though you can't adjust them independently or just raise them up without bringing them back toward you due to the way the mechanism operates.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I got a new set from santa but they are still in the box, waiting for warmer weather to put them on. From what I'm seeing in the box they are really nice bars well worth the money!
    Sold my 14 RTS went back to 2 wheels.
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE

Spyder Garage

They are great? Just do it best for you. Love mine

Spyder Garage

Default good info

I feel better about ordering the Black tri ax handle bars for $695. for my new 2014 spyder rt ltd, I will pick up in April.
    Spydrerann001 thank for the pullback measurement of 6 inches I didn't know how far they would come back to the driver for a vertically-challenge driver like me that's great news. Thank you for all of these post. Im Happy happy happy

Spyder Garage

I love mine. I'm 6'2". I have mine fully out and as far foward as they will go. It gives me more room to move. I ride two up most of the time it just give me and my wife more room to move around. I ordered with when I bought the spyder and had them installed at the dealer. I did ride the spyder for about two weeks before they came in. What a differents after they were installed. I feel the bike handled better. If and when the wife ( she's about 5'4") starts to drive they change back to stock position in about 2 mins.
    2014 RTS , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question: Have your "Adjust-a-bars" been installed by the dealer, or did you perform the task yourself?
    How tough is the installation process?
    (Okay; TWO questions! )
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Question: Have your "Adjust-a-bars" been installed by the dealer, or did you perform the task yourself?
    (Okay; TWO questions! )

It does not matter Bob, you are not allowed to add Farkles.
    Just trying to keep you out of the dog house, it is cold out there now.

2014 RT Limited Cognac ----- Wraps, skid plate, lights, Elkas
    2002 harley ultra classic
    2008 hayabusa

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Gee... thanks; I think!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
    I love mine. I'm 6'2". I have mine fully out and as far foward as they will go. It gives me more room to move. I ride two up most of the time it just give me and my wife more room to move around. I ordered with when I bought the spyder and had them installed at the dealer. I did ride the spyder for about two weeks before they came in. What a differents after they were installed. I feel the bike handled better. If and when the wife ( she's about 5'4") starts to drive they change back to stock position in about 2 mins.

Scarecrow thanks for the info.

So they do move forward compared to the stock handlebar?

Thanks,

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    (Okay; TWO questions! )

I installed my own. Louise set too.

I will tell you the install is long and involved. Entire upper console, frunk and glove box module must come off. Its not particularly hard but its a lot of parts off and back on. Each set took me about 6 hours. The instructions are not well written and the order of assembly is important. Both times I got well near the end of re-assembly and had to back up a long way. Both times do to vague and incomplete instructions leaving steps out that are not obvious until much later. You will also need the service manual as the instructions assume you have it. They just give a long list of items to remove.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I am hoping I like them. My demo ride had them on. And I liked them. Wife said she will need them. Dealer says it is an involved job to do them. They will charge me $200 for the install. On top of $571 cost of the black handlebar. Ya, not a cheap farkle. Tom

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder Smyles's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Love mine, I have them on my 2013 and they make all the difference. It took the stress off of my shoulders and made my ride more enjoyable.
    CURRENT: 2015 Yellow RT-S SE6 "Smiling All the Way"
    CB, Satelite Radio, BRP Vented Windshield, BRP Adjustable Handwings, Cup Holder, EZ Pass Holder, Side Saddle Cargo Nets, Smiley Face FLO, Smiley Flower Face Decals, Tri Axel Handlebar's, Corbin Heated Seat, Baker Built Upper/Lower Air Wings, BumpSkid, High Third Brake/Running Light, Brake/Running Light/Turn Signal License Plate, Turn Signals in Mirrors.

PAST: 2013 Yellow RT-S SE5 - Loaded with lots of goodies.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post

I will tell you the install is long and involved. Entire upper console, frunk and glove box module must come off. Its not particularly hard but its a lot of parts off and back on. Each set took me about 6 hours. The instructions are not well written and the order of assembly is important. Both times I got well near the end of re-assembly and had to back up a long way. Both times do to vague and incomplete instructions leaving steps out that are not obvious until much later. You will also need the service manual as the instructions assume you have it. They just give a long list of items to remove.
    Lots of parts and time... Thanks!

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    I am hoping I like them. My demo ride had them on. And I liked them. Wife said she will need them. Dealer says it is an involved job to do them. They will charge me $200 for the install. On top of $571 cost of the black handlebar. Ya, not a cheap farkle. Tom
    Sounds like the $200 is a good investment. I know 6 hours of my time is worth more than$200.00!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I had the dealer install mine before I picked up the Spyder. Seemed like the easiest thing to do.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If it'll take even just four hours' worth of time; $200 for the installation is relatively cheap...

Spyder Garage

Yikes...is that due to the tri-axis being that much different that the stock bars?

I am going to get the stock bar powder coated black on the wifes machine. The main bolts, back covers and control bolts all look pretty easy. I haven't dug in far enough to know how to deal with the key switch yet though. Is that where all the extra hassle is focused?
    Last edited by jwulf74; 02-26-2014 at 01:45 PM.
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jwulf74 View Post
    Yikes...is that due to the tri-axis being that much different that the stock bars?

I am going to get the stock bar powder coated black on the wifes machine. The main bolts, back covers and control bolts all look pretty easy. I haven't dug in far enough to know how to deal with the key switch yet though. Is that where all the extra hassle is focused?
    Removing those 4 big bolts you can see will not let you remove the handle bar. The black trim that goes under the console is bolted from the underside. You also need to get to the back side of the ignition switch to unbolt it and remove the bezel on the top.

You have to remove all this stuff to get the old bars off. New ones go on about the same way except for the adjustment mechanism.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So... Those four big bolts, are just the "tip of the iceberg..."

Last edited by Bob Denman; 02-26-2014 at 03:13 PM.

Spyder Garage

Removing those 4 big bolts you can see will not let you remove the handle bar. The black trim that goes under the console is bolted from the underside. You also need to get to the back side of the ignition switch to unbolt it and remove the bezel on the top.

You have to remove all this stuff to get the old bars off. New ones go on about the same way except for the adjustment mechanism.
    thanks for the tip. They can't make it easy huh... sounds like a good time to rip out the air box and resonator too... I'm watching for your air filter...hopefully the first batch isn't all spoken for yet.
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Spyder Garage

Smile tri ax Handle bar installation You tube

Bob
    There is a you tube video by fzrsmkr called : "installing tri-axis adjustable handlebars on RT 2014" that show the process of taking the spyder apart and putting it back together
    I hoping the dealer will put them on for me when they assemble the bike! I will talk nicely to him next week about it.
    Last edited by rev.rr; 02-26-2014 at 04:45 PM.

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

One of the top mods I've done. Makes riding much more comfortable. I can't speak for the 13 or 14 model years but on the 2012s and earlier you have to remove the front console assembly. You do not have to remove the frunk or glove box. It took me about 4 hours or so to do. Although it was a little scary taking all the stuff off the Spyder, I found the experience worth it. It gave me a chance to see how things were put together and what was where. I was less intimidated taking things off again to install my alarm system, new digital gauges, rerouting and remounting GPS and associated wires, and installing other farkles.
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rev.rr View Post
    Bob
    There is a you tube video by fzrsmkr called : "installing tri-axis adjustable handlebars on RT 2014" that show the process of taking the spyder apart and putting it back together
    I hoping the dealer will put them on for me when they assemble the bike! I will talk nicely to him next week about it.
    That's what I did.
    When I made the deal for my 2014 RT Ltd. the dealer had no problem throwing in the labor to mount my Tri Axis bars & my BajaRon sway bar for me.
    Putting the Tri Axis bars on is doable but quite involved.
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac