Spyder Garage

Default dealer said no to warranty on 2014 limited

I purchased my 2014 Limited on Jan. 24
    On Jan. 26 I noticed a small coolant puddle and 2 oil spots under the Spyder
    On Jan. 28 I took the Spyder to my nearest dealer (not the dealer I purchased the bike from)
    They told me they would not even look at it because my vin # was not in the system
    On Jan. 31 I called the dealer and they said I was still not in the system
    On Feb. Feb. 3 I took it 250 miles to the original deal and they took care of everything
    Oil Leak ( very small) was loose transmission oil pressure sending unit
    Coolant was from overflow on coolant tank was just a little to full
    I now have 2100 trouble free miles on my bike but still worry about warranty if needed
    So my Questions are:
    !. How long will it take for BRP to send me my warranty card?
    2. Will I get warranty service without the card?

Do not want to name the dealer who did not work on the bike till I Know weather they were telling the truth about Vin# or not
    But he knew 2014 was under warranty and should have at least tried to find out why Vin did not show up.

I will not use this dealer unless absolute emergency

Thanks

Don

Invalid Emails
    In the hills South of Edinburgh, Scotland
    Spyder Garage

A certain dealer in the UK (no longer trading) is reputed not to have registered several sales through BRP as he just pocketed the cash rather than settling with BRP. Though, BRP played very fair with the owners by getting another dealer to register them. He is reputed to have taken BRP for £450,000 ($700,000). Also, he was knocking machines out for below wholesale prices, which put other dealers out of business! As he wasn't going to pay BRP, there was no need to sell for a conventional mark-up... every penny was 'profit'!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's always going to take a little bit of time for the paperwork to catch up to reality...
    Glad to hear that it worked out for you!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Part of the PDI is entering in the unit into BUDS. It should be in the system as far as I know.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Part of the PDI is entering in the unit into BUDS. It should be in the system as far as I know.
    How can I find out if it is in the system?
    I ride a lot and do not feel warm and fuzzy about this. If something happens out on the road I want to know I am covered
    Thanks ahead a time
    Don

Spyder Garage

Sounds like you need a new dealer as this dealer could have called BRP to verify this. And come on a 2014 is for sure under warranty for at least 2 years. BRP would have helped them but they where probably too lazy to call.
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by garb55 View Post
    How can I find out if it is in the system?
    I ride a lot and do not feel warm and fuzzy about this. If something happens out on the road I want to know I am covered
    Thanks ahead a time
    Don
    Call 1-866-477-1415 (This is the # off my Roadside Assistance Card)
    When they ask if your OK Just tell them your NOT stuck but need to verify if they (Roadside Assistance) have your VIN listed so you can call if you get stuck!!
    Remember they cover the first $200 and then its on your dime to pay anything else !

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

I just received the BEST Extended warranty card this past week in the mail and I bought my 2014 Spyder RTS on 01-31-2014.
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Spyder Garage

You haven't said whether or not you puchased the BEST warranty or got BEST as part of a promotion. If so, you will get a card, but these are often delayed by 30-90 days. The standard warranty covers you, but not the road service if you need it. You should have signed a warranty registration fom when your Spyder was delivered. It is up to the selling dealer to register the Spyder and warranty. You will have to work through them to get this resolved. Once they say it has been taken care of, ask them to verify it...most likely by providing a screen shot from the compter showing the warranty information and your VIN.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!