Spyder Garage

Default Mels monster windscreen

Any new Mels Monster Garage windshield owners...or some updates on how they are holding up from long term owners? I'm leaning towards them.
    In the twisties I was playing the tart...
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

I have about 1000 miles on mine and It was definitely an improvement over stock for highway riding but I'm 6 feet tall and I'd like to try one 2 or three inches taller. I still get a little bit of wind that catces my helmet. If I hunch down just a little bit my head is completely out of the wind. It seems like a really well made piece. I was impressed with how thick and clear it is. Hope this helps!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydyr View Post
    I have about 1000 miles on mine and It was definitely an improvement over stock for highway riding but I'm 6 feet tall and I'd like to try one 2 or three inches taller. I still get a little bit of wind that catces my helmet. If I hunch down just a little bit my head is completely out of the wind. It seems like a really well made piece. I was impressed with how thick and clear it is. Hope this helps!

I'm not sure if it would work but could you try tweaking the MMG windshield similar to how Marcel explained how to tweak his windshields for optimal wind protection.

Basically, you heat the top lip of the windhield and give it a slight vertical bend or increase the bend if it already has one. That way, the air is deflected higher up and over you.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I would suggest a Laminar Lip would be a good way to add some protection on the top of the WS. It can be removed if it's hot. (HD Velcro mounting tabs)

Spyder Garage

Anyone try the adjustable lip from MRA?
    In the twisties I was playing the tart...
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AMTJIM View Post
    Any new Mels Monster Garage windshield owners...or some updates on how they are holding up from long term owners? I'm leaning towards them.
    1500 on mine and love it