Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Only 26 Days until Spring -- SOMEONE PLEASE TELL MOTHER NATURE!

It's been a tough winter in MinneSNOWta as well as other places this season! A few pics from our last snowstorm (this past week) about 10+ inches (largest one this season)...now deep freeze with high's single digit and lows below zero for next week to 10 days. Spring is only 26 days away - someone tell mother nature

Like many of you in the northern USA and in Canada, I am getting cabin fever..... and really want to ryde my 2014 RT Limited.

Pic 1 - yes... that's my driveway that needs to be snow blowed out!
    Pic 2 - back yard....snow almost as high as fence
    Pic 3 - snowblowing driveway...snow over top of snowblower
    Pic 4 - getting the job done.....wow

For those who can ryde your Spyder this time of year, great for you and count your blessings!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jim&Teresa; 02-22-2014 at 05:00 PM.
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default that blows

we had a 60 degree day here. got out with some of our local group for a good ride and lunch. cheer up, it will get better soon.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    we had a 60 degree day here. got out with some of our local group for a good ride and lunch. cheer up, it will get better soon.
    Someday soon (within a couple years), we will have a "winter home" somewhere warm. I like the Cincinnati, OH area ....we had lived in Lexington, KY for 5 years and loved the area. Used the Cincinnati Airport most of the time when flying.

Thanks for your encouraging words!
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Looks mighty familiar. Disgusting, isn't it? One of our snowiest, coldest, longest lasting winters. Ya gotta be tough to live up north this year, that's for sure. I'd enoy a ride, too.....even on my old 2011 RTS, Nancy's "ancient" 2008 GS, or one of the vintage bikes. The snowblowers earned their keep this year, however. There is a machine for almost every season or need.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

A friend called this afternoon and said "you want to take that Spyder out for a spin, today?" Of course my answer was yes. We rode for about an hour. He rides a Kawasaki 900, so we stopped and I had him try the Spyder. I think he was pleasantly surprised. Rode a little more and then went home.
    2014 RTSS , Cogna/ black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Looks mighty familiar. Disgusting, isn't it? One of our snowiest, coldest, longest lasting winters. Ya gotta be tough to live up north this year, that's for sure. I'd enoy a ride, too.....even on my old 2011 RTS, Nancy's "ancient" 2008 GS, or one of the vintage bikes. The snowblowers earned their keep this year, however. There is a machine for almost every season or need.
    Thanks for your comments....yup, my trusty Honda snowblower is a 1983 vintage machine and still starts on the first pull.....great machine. So that has set the bar high for the Spyder !!

The weather folks here state that this is the worst winter since 1982......someday, I would like to read about that in a warm climate!!
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default winter home in cincinnati?

that's funny, i've never heard that before
    it would probably seem pretty warm compared to what you're used to.
    i dream of a winter home in a southern state, but not too southern
    it was fun while it lasted.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Just got back from a nice with my daughter and new grandchild (she's 7 weeks pregnant). It's almost 70 here today. In praying for you guys.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by joebryanjr View Post
    A friend called this afternoon and said "you want to take that Spyder out for a spin, today?" Of course my answer was yes. We rode for about an hour. He rides a Kawasaki 900, so we stopped and I had him try the Spyder. I think he was pleasantly surprised. Rode a little more and then went home.
    IF it was just cold, I would ryde it....trouble is that it's been so cold so long and NONE of this snow has melted this year. Other years, you get a few days to knock the snow down. SO.....streets are very icy and snow covered most of this winter. Once the streets dry out and are a little cleaner, I'll ryde even if the temp is colder than I would like...

Thanks for your comments and glad you got out to ryde......
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    that's funny, i've never heard that before
    it would probably seem pretty warm compared to what you're used to.
    i dream of a winter home in a southern state, but not too southern
    Now now .....I said I liked the Cincinnati area, but I stated a winter home in a warmer climate....maybe Arizona, Florida, Georgia, etc...... LOL anyways, stay warm in Cinci....
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Don't you guys ride sleds ? Great trails this winter! Just imagine you are riding a Spyder (: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393108628.889017.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1393108728.420594.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1393108831.188129.jpg

Very Active Member 2ndChildhood's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I took a 20 miles ride on my Spyder on Wednesday (2-19-14). The hard part was getting out of the driveway because of the snow. The temperature was in the mid 40's roads were dry so I went for it. Not bad for a February day in Michigan. Then another snow storm on Thursday and cold weather moving back in. Spyder cleaned up and put back to bed.

ToM
    Spyderfest 2014

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Life is Great
    ToM

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JLSpyder2012 View Post
    IF it was just cold, I would ryde it....trouble is that it's been so cold so long and NONE of this snow has melted this year. Other years, you get a few days to knock the snow down. SO.....streets are very icy and snow covered most of this winter. Once the streets dry out and are a little cleaner, I'll ryde even if the temp is colder than I would like...
    We stand at 78 days with continuous snow cover...and still counting. We haven't seen pavement on local streets for months...even during last week's short thaw and heavy rain. As to the driveway, I think it is permafrost.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChildhood View Post
    I took a 20 miles ride on my Spyder on Wednesday (2-19-14). The hard part was getting out of the driveway because of the snow. The temperature was in the mid 40's roads were dry so I went for it. Not bad for a February day in Michigan. Then another snow storm on Thursday and cold weather moving back in. Spyder cleaned up and put back to bed.
    I may have to move to the other side of the state. You apparently get less snow. We've had 7 1/2 feet here in "mild" Battle Creek, and an even 12 feet in Allegan so far. Few roads are dry, and the one that are are extremely salty. My driveway and the local streets are covered with several inches of ice, which "magically" appeared after our rain Thursday. The Spyders couldn't get out on the road if you tried to tow them. I sneak out and ride if it is at all possible, many times every month of the year. This is the first time I can remember, in the last 50 years, that I have been unable to ride for even a day in three months. At the rate we're going, I'm not sure we will break the curse in March, either.
    -Scotty
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

It's been a tough winter in MinneSNOWta as well as other places this season! A few pics from our last snowstorm (this past week) about 10+ inches (largest one this season)...now deep freeze with high's single digit and lows below zero for next week to 10 days. Spring is only 26 days away - someone tell mother nature

Like many of you in the northern USA and in Canada, I am getting cabin fever..... and really want to ryde my 2014 RT Limited.

Pic 1 - yes... that's my driveway that needs to be snow blowed out!
    Pic 2 - back yard....snow almost as high as fence
    Pic 3 - snowblowing driveway...snow over top of snowblower
    Pic 4 - getting the job done.....wow

For those who can ryde your Spyder this time of year, great for you and count your blessings!!
    Still need to a Warm/Sunny Weather Chant/Dance. It has been very interesting up here in the Northeast for Weather. Today it was in the 40's and sunny( Still have lots snow on the ground) Deanna777
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Our total snowfall this year is at 70"... so far!!
    A normal Winter smacks us with about 40"
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Same with us over here in Vermont, Right now we are getting high winds. Need a Warm Weather Chant/Dance Can't you tell I have Spyder Fever. Deanna777
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Sorry to hear that and share our misery with you! We are getting another Polar Vortex and high's in the single digits and lows below zero from now through 1st week in March -- ugh. It's been so cold here the snow has not had a chance to melt at all.....we've kept almost everything that came down.....streets are ICE right now.....

This has been the worst winter since 1982 (which was an all time record for us).....time for spring!
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Hang in there. 26 days and counting until the "official" calendar beginning of spring. The pictures from Minnesnowta remind me of the good ol days in Duluth and Ashland WI. There were times in Ashland, when I was glad we owned a Bobcat. That's the way to move snow! But I am back to a snow thrower now.

We just got about 6 inches in my area and there is about a foot or so on the ground. Just glad that for once, we have so far, not lived up to our reputation for winter here.

Spring and the thaw cannot come soon enough. IMO

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Just when I thought we are having an easy winter....it's now SNOWING in Vancouver!
    Well, shouldn't complain as I was able to ride lots so far; had many days of dry sunny weather.

Spyder Garage

I have a bad case of P.M.S. (parked motorcycle syndrome) Here's a couple of pics for us to laugh at (otherwise I would cry)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

We will get through this winter. Onward and upward.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    We will get through this winter. Onward and upward.
    Thanks for your words of encouragement!!!! (Easy for you to say now that you don't live here ) Anyways, always good to hear from someone who has lived in this snowy, cold, tundra of a state called Minnesota....I do have to say that summers are spectacular here !!! (keep thinking good thoughts! )
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default 26 More days to spring?

We had 101 inches of snow here in Grand Rapids Mi so far record low temperatures coming next week with no end in sight.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fisherdude View Post
    We had 101 inches of snow here in Grand Rapids Mi so far record low temperatures coming next week with no end in sight.
    God bless you.....I feel your pain...not that much snow here, but that much cold...this state was running out of propane!

Stay warm and safe ....warmer weather will come eventually! Ice will be off the lakes by July
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

God bless you.....I feel your pain...not that much snow here, but that much cold...this state was running out of propane!

Stay warm and safe ....warmer weather will come eventually! Ice will be off the lakes by July
    Yes, we have a propane shortage, too. I felt very fortunate to get some for the new house.
    -Scotty

Mutant Trikes Forever!