Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder laser alignment question.

Quote Originally Posted by 5PYD3R View Post
    So I have been talking with the company for the last two days about becoming a dealer for laser alignments. In a nut shell, not for me. But I am looking to see if I can get enough people together for them to come out and do them in Michigan. I am thinking setting up a ride somewhere and making a day out of it. If your interested in having the laser alignment done please respond here so I can get an accurate count. Thanks

Members interested:
    01. SPYD1
    02. rhansen309 (Saturday@2:00)
    03. Indyron
    04. Larry rt (Friday@12:00)
    05. Rando
    06. spydrluvr
    07. Trickie Dick
    08. roadrunner7
    09. Some Guy
    10. SFC (Friday@11:00)
    11. 5PYD3R
    12. SpyderRT

It's official! ROLO will be coming April 11th and 12th to do the alignments. Cost will be $130 cash only as they will not be able to swipe credit card. I will be throwing some burgers/brats on the grill for all who show up. Don't hesitate, join now so I can get you added. Need an accurate count. If we get enough, then they are going to send two guys to get them done in a timely manner and get you guys back on the road enjoying your new alignment. Sure to be a good time with good people so come meet some fellow Spyder Ryders!
    I have 6000 miles on my '12 RT S SE5, how do I know if a laser alignment is needed? My front tires are wearing even.
    2014 RT L Lightin' LeeRoy
    1980 CM 400A
    1982 CM 450A
    [/SIGPIC]Lightnin' LeeRoy

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    I'll be riding up with SPYD1 from Hudsonville. WE will be there late Saturday morning so put me down for 11:30 or 12.

Thanks
    Dick
    Quote Originally Posted by SPYD1 View Post
    Put me in next to Dick.
    I will put you two in for 11:30 and 12. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lightnin leeRoy View Post
    I have 6000 miles on my '12 RT S SE5, how do I know if a laser alignment is needed? My front tires are wearing even.
    You may not know if its needed. Many members have stated that they have just noticed a GREAT difference in handling. My tires are wearing perfectly fine too but still want to do the laser alignment as I feel my Spyder could definitely be one of the many that could benefit from the LA. Best part about it, they will check your Spyder and if it does not require it then its FREE and you still got to spend some time with fellow spyder lovers and get a free burger too!

Spyder Garage

Cool Cancellation on Alignment

Hi,
    I am going to cancel my appointment for the laser alignment.
    I was at my dealer today where I bought my RT-S and found out they have already done a laser alignment on my bike. Still waiting for a few more parts to come in and then be installed and then I will be ready to have it delivered.
    Thanks anyway!

Andy.
    Andy S. a.k.a. SpyderRT

2014 Black RT-S with SE6, Tri-Axis handlebars, Rear Trunk liner and shelf, Travel Cover, Heated Comfort seat, Driver Backrest, Akrapovic Silencer, 25 inch Adjustable Vent windshield, Adjustable Side Wind deflectors. BajaRon Swaybar and links. KOTT grills.

Spyder Garage

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderRT View Post
    ...found out they have already done a laser alignment on my bike.
    Andy, unless the drive is just too far, you may want to at least consider going over to the alignment meeting. If the alignment is good, they won't charge you a nickel. I don't know if your dealer is referring to the new alignment system that BRP uses in the factory, or if they have a system that they use during the PDI process. I do know of a spyder that came from a dealer using a laser alignment where the toe-in was good, but the front hubs were not equi-distant from the rear wheel.

Besides, where else would you be able to have your Spyder checked by the guy (Mike) that designed the system they will be using up there?

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Two different processes , not sure if the results are the same . But you are still welcome for a burger and meet some fellow riders . I hope the results are the same!

Spyder Garage

If you could squeeze me in somewhere near Trickie Dick and SYPD1, I'll meet up with them in Hudsonville Saturday morning and ride across the GREAT Mitten State with them for an alignment.
    Thanks
    Kraig

Kraig
    2012 RT SE5
    2010 RT-622 trailer
    2013 Triump Bonneville T100
    1971 Honda CT70
    1972 Honda CT70H

Spyder Garage

Hi,
    I am going to cancel my appointment for the laser alignment.
    I was at my dealer today where I bought my RT-S and found out they have already done a laser alignment on my bike. Still waiting for a few more parts to come in and then be installed and then I will be ready to have it delivered.
    Thanks anyway!

Andy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Ghost View Post
    Andy, unless the drive is just too far, you may want to at least consider going over to the alignment meeting. If the alignment is good, they won't charge you a nickel. I don't know if your dealer is referring to the new alignment system that BRP uses in the factory, or if they have a system that they use during the PDI process. I do know of a spyder that came from a dealer using a laser alignment where the toe-in was good, but the front hubs were not equi-distant from the rear wheel.

Besides, where else would you be able to have your Spyder checked by the guy (Mike) that designed the system they will be using up there?
    I have to agree with Gray Ghost. Might as well still come and meet some new people and like he said. You can have it double checked and if it is ok there is no charge at all! Let me know

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KAPike View Post
    If you could squeeze me in somewhere near Trickie Dick and SYPD1, I'll meet up with them in Hudsonville Saturday morning and ride across the GREAT Mitten State with them for an alignment.
    Thanks
    Kraig
    Got ya added. You are in at 11:00 on Saturday. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Cool

I have to agree with Gray Ghost. Might as well still come and meet some new people and like he said. You can have it double checked and if it is ok there is no charge at all! Let me know
    I guess you all are right. It won't hurt to double check.
    Even Though the service person couldn't remember the name of the system they purchased, but from what he described of it. It sounded like the same system. Yes, this was done as part of the dealer prep.
    With all the snow we are getting right now, I wouldn't be able to get it to my garage.
    Ok count me back in around Noon or 1pm on Saturday.
    Andy S. a.k.a. SpyderRT

2014 Black RT-S with SE6, Tri-Axis handlebars, Rear Trunk liner and shelf, Travel Cover, Heated Comfort seat, Driver Backrest, Akrapovic Silencer, 25 inch Adjustable Vent windshield, Adjustable Side Wind deflectors. BajaRon Swaybar and links. KOTT grills.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Can we get rid of this white stuff first?
    Not likely!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    SpyderPhyl

2014 Cognac RT-LTD, SE6, ACE 1330

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

I guess you all are right. It won't hurt to double check.
    Even Though the service person couldn't remember the name of the system they purchased, but from what he described of it. It sounded like the same system. Yes, this was done as part of the dealer prep.
    With all the snow we are getting right now, I wouldn't be able to get it to my garage.
    Ok count me back in around Noon or 1pm on Saturday.
    I found out today that I was in error. Norm will be with you instead of Mike, but if you want to check to see if your dealer uses the Outlaw system, you can check at http://www.spydercomfort.com/dealers.htm.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Ghost View Post
    I found out today that I was in error. Norm will be with you instead of Mike, but if you want to check to see if your dealer uses the Outlaw system, you can check at http://www.spydercomfort.com/dealers.htm.
    It will be Norm but they did say if I get 20 then they will send 2 guys. So maybe Mike too?

Spyder Garage

It will be Norm but they did say if I get 20 then they will send 2 guys. So maybe Mike too?
    I'm not gonna assume names, but you will get great techs.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

I know we have a little bit yet before the event but to everyone that has not yet given me a day and time, I would really appreciate it if possible. Just trying to get everything planned out on my end to make everything go as smooth as possible for everyone. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Cool

I know we have a little bit yet before the event but to everyone that has not yet given me a day and time, I would really appreciate it if possible. Just trying to get everything planned out on my end to make everything go as smooth as possible for everyone. Thanks!
    Saturday at 1pm for me.
    Thanks.
    Andy S. a.k.a. SpyderRT

Spyder Garage

Saturday at 1pm for me.
    Thanks.
    Yup, I already have you down. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

So I have been talking with the company for the last two days about becoming a dealer for laser alignments. In a nut shell, not for me. But I am looking to see if I can get enough people together for them to come out and do them in Michigan. I am thinking setting up a ride somewhere and making a day out of it. If your interested in having the laser alignment done please respond here so I can get an accurate count. Thanks

Members interested:
    01. SPYD1 (Saturday@12:00)
    02. rhansen309 (Saturday@2:00)
    03. KAPike (Saturday@11:00)
    04. Larry rt (Friday@12:00)
    05. Rando
    06. spydrluvr
    07. Trickie Dick (Saturday@11:30)
    08. roadrunner7
    09. Some Guy
    10. SFC (Friday@11:00)
    11. 5PYD3R
    12. SpyderRT (Saturday@1:00)
    13. Paul Ski (Friday@1:00)

It's official! ROLO will be coming April 11th and 12th to do the alignments. Cost will be $130 cash only as they will not be able to swipe credit card. I will be throwing some burgers/brats on the grill for all who show up. Don't hesitate, join now so I can get you added. Need an accurate count. If we get enough, then they are going to send two guys to get them done in a timely manner and get you guys back on the road enjoying your new alignment. Sure to be a good time with good people so come meet some fellow Spyder Ryders!
    Please put me down for 2:30 Saturday - golfsferr

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Not going to make it

I will put you two in for 11:30 and 12. Thanks!
    I'm going to bow out of the alignment appointment. After talking to my local dealer they have ordered the Rolo system. I feel I should at least give them my business since I encouraged them to do it. Thanks and I'll see you all at Spyderfest.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    I'm going to bow out of the alignment appointment. After talking to my local dealer they have ordered the Rolo system. I feel I should at least give them my business since I encouraged them to do it. Thanks and I'll see you all at Spyderfest.
    But now you are making me loose two members. You dont want to do that now do ya? Your dealer will make their money off it. I think you should come and have a better time with some fellow spyder ryders and get some free food. No pressure though

Spyder Garage

I'm still in
    Kraig

Kraig
    2012 RT SE5
    2010 RT-622 trailer
    2013 Triump Bonneville T100
    1971 Honda CT70
    1972 Honda CT70H

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KAPike View Post
    I'm still in
    Kraig
    Thanks! Really looking forward to meeting everyone!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'm still in too. Kraig, if you want to ride out together shoot me a PM.

Spyder Garage

It's approaching fast guys and gals. Any lurkers out there take advantage of it now. Once in a lifetime opportunity to have your Spyder aligned in Michigan by ROLO!! They have been great in dealing with me to get this put together. They originally requested 20 spyders to come to Michigan and I would still LOVE to hit that mark for them. Spread the word and come join the fun!

Spyder Garage

Count me in Sat @ 12:30 ok