Thread: Alarm Question

Spyder Garage

Question Alarm Question

I can't decide which alarm system to install on my Spyder.

I currently have in my possession, one Scorpio SR-i900 and one Talon T-3300ip. I can't figure out which one to install.

If anyone has any experience with either or both or similar models that can give me some sort of feedback, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

2008 Can-Am SpYder
    2006 350z

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I installed the Scorpio SR-I900 on both of our Spyders. We went with the Scorpio because of the perimeter sensor and the 2-way pager. With all the attention it attracts plus we saw a guy pushing on the rear shocks, we figured it would be nice to have it warn them to get away and "look" rather than touch.
    The install was pretty basic with the Spyder harness and we have not had any problems. I have not been able to program the overide code yet. I called Scorpio and I need to try a few more things or I am going to drive to the Scorpio office to see if they can get it to work. I am wondering if the triple play is someone interfering. I did not get the kill switch so I would not have to cut any wires.

Spyder Garage

Default re talon

I odered the talon last week. It looked a little more reasonable. I have been told that he install is pretty easy. It has not come in yet but hope I made the right choice.

Spyder Garage

I have an older, paging Scorpio (5 series, I think) which has now been on three cycles. I love the paging function when traveling and in the motel for the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Napalmseth View Post
    I can't decide which alarm system to install on my Spyder.

I currently have in my possession, one Scorpio SR-i900 and one Talon T-3300ip. I can't figure out which one to install.

If anyone has any experience with either or both or similar models that can give me some sort of feedback, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I find the Scorpio is well worth the extra money. I have the 600 and I have been very happy with it. I didn't want an alarm that was going to go off when people were standing near the bike looking at it. I didn't want an alarm that just makes alot of noise to alert no one, just as car alarms do. I wanted something that would inform me what was going on when I wasn't there and the Scorpio does just that. The key fob has a 1/2 mile range as well as an LCD screen that not only tells you there's an alarm but what sensor has been triggered. I mainly bought this unit for when I would be staying at a hotel and having a peace of mind that I can sleep and would be woken up by the keyfob if there was an issue. Also it is just as easy to install as the Talon, also has the backup battery option as well. One good feature which I use alot is silent arm. It allows you to arm it so that if it gets triggered, there will be no flashing lights or siren, but the keyfob will show you there is an alarm with out the person even knowing, I use this mode alot especially in parking lots when I'm close by. I also have it adjusted so the unit will only alarm if someone shakes the bike, sits on it or leans over it. As I didn't want it going off for every little thing. I love it!!!!

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all your answers guys. Price isn't an option due to the fact that I was impatient and forgot I had one on order while I ordered the other one. I now have both alarms siting in my living room.

Thats ok. I'm giving the one I don't use to my father when his SE5 comes in. Considering he can't even figure out how to use his iPhone, the Scorpio may be to "advanced" for him anyway.

2008 Can-Am SpYder
    2006 350z