Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    ...in the pink (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

I agree....all I wanted was my bike fixed...they suggested the compensation.....I believed them....then they reneged....

Quote Originally Posted by bluestratos View Post
    My recent issue with my 2014 RT was handled very well by BRP and my dealer, just to show the other face of the coin. The actual warranty repair was handled very quickly and BRP went out of their way to help me. The one thing I would warn them against is offering or making suggestions that they will compensate for our problems beyond the repair as I too had this experience by BRP and the dealer with no follow through. While I don't expect it to happen, I still hope they would keep their word and offer something since it was suggested. That being said, even a good discount on BRP products would nice as the markups are so huge on some products they could provide a 50% off coupon and still turn a profit (I bought my $400 Canam Jacket for $200 from a dealer at year end)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    Well,to start with...I Love My Spyder...but... when the O2 sensor blew on my Spyder a few weeks ago Iwas not a happy Spyder owner…..posted on facebook that my Spyder was the “BRPTrailer Queen” and/or “The Devil Spyder” simply cause Mark had to drive 666.1miles to pick me and my Spyder up….there was a lot of negative responses to thepost, against BRP and their treatment to me. BRP called me, picked up theSpyder from my house, dealer replace the O2 sensor and determined it was mostlikely installed, miss threaded from factory. I appreciate the help of pickingup my Spyder, and dealer working to repair promptly. But………….

During the first conversation with BRP service rep he wantedme to go to facebook and spyderlovers and say nice things about BRP and howthey are jumping on the wagon to help me. During that conversation the repwanted to know how BRP could compensate me for all my troubles. I suggested somethingand he agreed as long as I never told anyone that BRP did this for me, Iagreed……Now I’m happy with BRP and thinking BRP really does care aboutrepairing and working towards fixing the 2013’s heat issues…but……..

Once the spyder was fixed, I go pick it up…call BRP and therep tells me that I am mistaken…BRP never promised me anything….we went backand forth on a few emails. As a 2-timeSpyder owner, and loyal customer I feel I have been 2-timed….when BRP thoughtthere was negative comments on them….BRP will say anything just to make youthink they are trying to help….. and then will not stand and keep their word onwhat they say…NOT happy with BRP
    Not too happy either - I have not received any response from BRP....Sorry to hear they did that to you. My issue is minor, just the lack of response to a question - but it does make you think if BRP "cares" or not!!

You would think a company that sells EXPENSIVE motorcycles would have the courtesy to satisfy their customers. I had purchased a 2012 RT Limited and now have a 2014 RT Limited. I sent a simple private message to BRPcare on 2-11-14 (maybe they don't respond to private messages, even though they are a member of the forum??) just to ask what range of 2014's RT's (VIN/Build Date) have the oil leak issue -- just trying to be proactive here as I have not had the chance to ryde it due to this stinkin' weather here -- zero miles on this beauty. Anyway, it was a very easy task (I would think) to reply to a customer who bought TWO RT Limited's within a year......NO RESPONSE from BRPcare (it's been about a week). I just don't get it.
    Last edited by Jim&Teresa; 02-17-2014 at 03:31 PM.
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Char,
    The reason that I asked about names, was so that the REST of us would know what we're dealing with, if we ever got them on the phone..
    But Thanks!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default was

was what they promised expensive or minor, i think this would make a big difference on what kind of RATS they are. and as far as a name, if you wanted to keep the name quiet i can understand that because you might have to deal with him/her again. i am hoping it is not the person i gave you to call

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluestratos View Post
    My recent issue with my 2014 RT was handled very well by BRP and my dealer, just to show the other face of the coin. The actual warranty repair was handled very quickly and BRP went out of their way to help me. The one thing I would warn them against is offering or making suggestions that they will compensate for our problems beyond the repair as I too had this experience by BRP and the dealer with no follow through. While I don't expect it to happen, I still hope they would keep their word and offer something since it was suggested. That being said, even a good discount on BRP products would nice as the markups are so huge on some products they could provide a 50% off coupon and still turn a profit (I bought my $400 Canam Jacket for $200 from a dealer at year end)
    Until the Dealer BRP disconnect is solved this will continue. I ,for one, am tired of hearing "talk to your dealer" anytime I call BRP. The dealer has nothing to do with BRP and they have no control over them. I talked to my dealer about a fuel issue and they asked " is your Spyder a carb or fuel injected?" and I am supposed to talk to them or allow them to talk to BRP for me? Case closed.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default thanks for the warning

thank you just withdrew my deposit on a 2014 rt,no point if you cant trust them

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Very distressing. I don't blame you for feeling betrayed. BRP, this is your chance to right a wrong and try to get back on the right track. Find a way to make things right...in the interest of customer satisfaction. Char's new Spyder has been nothing but trouble from day one. You can do better than this...and it is high time you tried! If you don't, you should be ashamed. When long time, long-satisfied owners start to complain publicly, something is very wrong.

Spyder Garage

All I can say is Wow and double Wow!.

Trying to do damage control through getting the customer to say good things, to put spin on the situation.

Trying to grease the skids by offering "bribes."

Not following through with promises made to the customer.

All of the above are just Wrong, Wrong, Wrong!

This is not the way to run a business properly. This is not the way to make customers feel confident.

Thank you Flamingo for keeping us informed about your ongoing plight. Now I am very glad that my deal fell through on the 2014. I am not a customer for a new 2014 at this point. I have been a huge supporter of the product with four 's owned already. But the brakes are now on.

Not a good day for BRP--IMO.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 02-17-2014 at 04:36 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I'm sorry you were not compensated like you were told. I'm not sure if this post will change that but for sure you have a right to be upset.

So is your bike fixed? What kind of compensation do you feel would make you happy and I'll see what I can do on my end. Not a promise other than I will make sure the right people see this.

It is too bad that you got one guy saying he's pulling his deposit and others suggesting they do the same when this could have been handle much differently. Sad all the way around.

Thinks out loud
    Spyder Garage

Unhappy

It is sad. But, it didn't just happen. How much foot dragging is one supposed to be willing to indure.

BRP has had months to make this right.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    NOT happy with BRP
    Hi flamingobabe,

Let me start off by saying that I'm sorry about the challenges you've had with your Spyder. I'm well-aware of your case and of the issues you've encountered - as well as what BRP has done so far to assist you.

That being said, after reviewing the notes on the dealings you had with the person here at BRP, I can tell you that they did not agree to the item that you seem to be upset about - rather, they said they'd look into it and came back to you with the news that it could (unfortunately) not be done. Now let's be clear - I'm not in any way, shape or form saying that you're wrong or that it wasn't what you heard, but evidently there was a miscommunication somewhere. What you asked for was indeed looked into, but it was never promised to you by the rep you spoke to.

Based on the information I have at hand, I feel fully confident in stating that we're continuing to work closely with you in order to make things right and make you happy with your Spyder. I'm sorry if you don't feel that this is the case, but we're going to keep doing everything we can possibly do to support you going forward.
    Last edited by BRPcare; 02-17-2014 at 05:14 PM. Reason: formatting

magical member
    Spyder Garage

You shouldn't have too, but some times it pays to record telephone calls. Unrelated; but I work from home and do a lot of conference calls that end up in he said she said situations. I purchased a digital audio recorder from Amazon and now always record my telephone conversions. The files can be saved as mp3 files and emailed as minutes of the meeting. Save my butt a few times.....

Fingers crossed you get this resolved to your liking.

harry

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I got into Spyder world because of folks like Char and Faran, Mickey, Fred and Lamont. I read about some of the problems with steering and throttle bodies on earlier models, but also read about the fun that high mileage folks were having. Char was one of those. She was a real influence. Now I can't believe the way this unofficial good will ambassador is being treated. Her experience and comments can drive away just as many folks as she brought in. I will be one-and-done if this continues.

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Lamont the bike has a new O2 sensor.......dealer did the update mapping.....Lamont I appreciate your help...

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I'm sorry you were not compensated like you were told. I'm not sure if this post will change that but for sure you have a right to be upset.

So is your bike fixed? What kind of compensation do you feel would make you happy and I'll see what I can do on my end. Not a promise other than I will make sure the right people see this.

It is too bad that you got one guy saying he's pulling his deposit and others suggesting they do the same when this could have been handle much differently. Sad all the way around.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BRPcare View Post
    Hi flamingobabe,

Let me start off by saying that I'm sorry about the challenges you've had with your Spyder. I'm well-aware of your case and of the issues you've encountered - as well as what BRP has done so far to assist you.

That being said, after reviewing the notes on the dealings you had with the person here at BRP, I can tell you that they did not agree to the compensation that you seem to be upset about - rather, they said they'd look into it and came back to you with the news that it could (unfortunately) not be done. Now let's be clear - I'm not in any way, shape or form saying that you're wrong or that it wasn't what you heard, but evidently there was a miscommunication somewhere. What you asked for was indeed looked into, but it was never promised to you by the rep you spoke to.

Based on the information I have at hand, I feel fully confident in stating that we're continuing to work closely with you in order to make things right and make you happy with your Spyder. I'm sorry if you don't feel that this is the case, but we're going to keep doing everything we can possibly do to support you going forward.

To me this is all just words till we see something happen, she should not be going through this at all...especially this long.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default sorry to say

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    To me this is all just words till we see something happen, she should not be going through this at all...especially this long.

i am really sorry to say that all dealings we have seem to be NOT what we heard. i think all spyder riders with problems need to have our hearing checked b4 dealing with people at BRP. just my opinion

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) cohoff's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Watch out for Karma BRP......it can come back and bite you in the ass !!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ivanlee View Post
    So all the good things we hear about BRP has been done with bribes and promise's ?
    But which is worse, offering a bribe or accepting a bribe?

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by harrypottar View Post
    You shouldn't have too, but some times it pays to record telephone calls. Unrelated; but I work from home and do a lot of conference calls that end up in he said she said situations. I purchased a digital audio recorder from Amazon and now always record my telephone conversions. The files can be saved as mp3 files and emailed as minutes of the meeting. Save my butt a few times.....

Fingers crossed you get this resolved to your liking.

harry
    If you do record, you best apprise the other party that the conversation is being recorded. To do it with an "unknowing party" is a felony (at least in the State of Flarda).

Chris

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    BRP has never promised me anything with the problems i have had, but once i mentioned law suit they will not talk to me with E mails, only on the phone.
    As soon as you mention law suit to ANY corporation they're going to do the same thing. That's why it's not a good thing to just bandy the term around...unless you've got a lawyer ready to go it's only going to go against you.
    Last edited by flaggerphil; 02-17-2014 at 10:33 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am going to take a WAG and guess what was asked for was the new 2014 panels we all know can be retrofitted. If it was I see no reason at this point for BRP not to eat the cost. They want ~$900 for them I bet actual cost less than $500.They should be supplying them to 2013 owners at cost. I really wonder the profit margin they make but last year was record year for profits as the company is now public. It would be a small cost to create good will with one of the most problematic and well documented ST issues they have had. Only person to have a worse issue was Ann and we do not know what they did to make her happy either but I bet they did something. The time we spend trying to get our problems fixed is worth something. How much would a 700mi. tow cost, and her husband would be rich if he got flat rate for the work he has done on FB's bike. How much is my time worth when I had to take 5 hrs (including repair time) to get a fuse box and ecm update? I used to make over $30 an hour so my time is free for them? Just my humble opinion BRP you owe her more than lip service.
    Last edited by Magdave; 02-17-2014 at 05:40 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Vidman View Post
    After reading this and the other comments I have put my checkbook back in the drawer. I was about to pull the trigger on a RT S. I had become convinced BRP was more responsive then HD. The 2014 TriGlide was in the race but I have experience with HD so decided on the Spyder.

I know HD customer service. I am now wondering it the "devil you know......"

Waiting to hear BRP response AND True follow thru.
    Just remember, there are a lot of people who have NOT had problems with BRP or their dealers. Not saying her problems aren't real...I know they are...but it's not the norm. At least in my experience.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

All this secrecy.....

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default BRP really !

so, BRP clearly made a statement on this forum to NOT compensate the lady FB , and so far it has bitten them in the ass. my bro and my son in law will not be
    buying one, went with HD trike + 1 on the forum. I mean -short of new bike comp. how simple would it have been...... now they lost 100k or so just here! .
    ESi cycle screwed me over on warranty of their junk pos fender lights and now I bad mouth them every where I go to stay away from them. KARMA -same thing.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    We may never know the true outcome of any corrective action. Having lived through a similar experience with an unrelated and far more expensive product. Once the harmed party agrees to what they deem a satisfactory reconciliation of the problem. They generally have to agree to never discuss the outcome and are forewarned they will face legal backlash if they do. In reading FB's post they were very near such an agreement - prior to this post.

Corporate damage control 101. Only grease the noiseist wheel(s).
    Sad but True!! And the less vocal, demanding or too timid to do Lemmon Law or other proceedings will slowly but surely fade into the sunset?

"Hell will freeze over before I Buy another Spyder!" Unless the 2013 problems are fixed or the individuals justly compensated!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!