Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Alot of companys state at the beginning of the call

This call may be monitored or recorded for quality purposes. In this case it might be the quality of the lies.
    Ed

They told me not to give up on my dreams, so I went back to sleep.

Champagne 2017 RTS SE6
    Quantum Blue 2012 RTS-SE5 "Bluebell, Bell for short" - Traded 09/2017

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Fill in the blanks

Fb, please fill in the specifics of what you asked for and didn't get. Bp just stated you won't get it, so why keep it a secret, now? Inquiring minds would like to know. This post is impt in helping us determine how serious brp is about taking care of future problems in our decision to make purchases from them.

Spyder Garage

Most of you know my experience with the Spyder brand. I lurked on this forum for over a year before I pulled the trigger on a 2012 RT. It's been well documented on this forum that I've been very happy with my purchase. My dealer has treated me as royalty and I couldn't be happier. After a year of owning my Spyder and lurking again for almost a year on two Triumph forums I added a 2013 Bonneville T100 to my stable. i just need the two wheel thrill while bumming around town.

So where am I going with this?

It is my opinion that the difference between BRP Customer Service and Triumph Customer Service is NIGHT & DAY. I think BRP support to the dealer is the weakest link in the chain. I can't believe some of the things I hear my fellow Spyder pilots go through to get something resolved, if it is resolved at all. Someone at BRP needs to come to grip with the reality that our perception of their product is dictated by the experiences we have and experiences of others we read here. I feel like I've dodged a bullet. For the money I've spent, I'm not a betting man. If something would happen today and I had to replace the Spyder...it wouldn't be with another Spyder. I don't like the odds, with BRP customer service and dealer support, the risk is overwhelming against me.

Just one more thing. I've noticed on this particular thread and some others like it, that most of the "BRP Friendly" advocates are responding with tones of concern and perhaps BRP's behavior is starting to wear thin on them also.

Kraig
    2012 RT SE5
    2010 RT-622 trailer
    2013 Triump Bonneville T100
    1971 Honda CT70
    1972 Honda CT70H

Spyder Garage

Default feeling

you ever get the feeling we are married to them and it is not cost effective to get a divorce
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have been researching a possible purchase.
    I currently own many motorcycles and am familiar with their problems.
    I am shocked at how this company treats their customers.
    Don't they realize they are niche market? Only so many people want a Spyder or can afford one.
    I can't think of any other luxury brand that treats their customers like I have been reading on the forums.
    The switch from email to phone is alarming. Lesson learned for everyone. Recordings don't matter. Emails do.

Buying a Spyder to me seems to be a gamble. Either I get a good unit or I get a problematic unit and industry leading poor customer service. I am still on the fence, but leaning more towards not buying with every negative post I read.

Spyder Garage

As I look into my thinking cap, I predict this thread will be closed soon.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post

Or, the offended party will be told to sell it if they're not happy.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Busarider View Post
    I have been researching a possible purchase.
    I currently own many motorcycles and am familiar with their problems.
    I am shocked at how this company treats their customers.
    Don't they realize they are niche market? Only so many people want a Spyder or can afford one.
    I can't think of any other luxury brand that treats their customers like I have been reading on the forums.
    The switch from email to phone is alarming. Lesson learned for everyone. Recordings don't matter. Emails do.

Buying a Spyder to me seems to be a gamble. Either I get a good unit or I get a problematic unit and industry leading poor customer service. I am still on the fence, but leaning more towards not buying with every negative post I read.
    I wouldn't read to much into it. I'd bet the members here make up a very small percentage of spyders sold.
    Also, Except for an even smaller percentage of true enthusiast figure that most people come to a forum in search of a solution to a problem, so that makes the forums look ugly. They are all pretty much the same.
    The majority of Spyder riders have no idea what spyderlovers is and do nothing but enjoy the ride.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    I wouldn't read to much into it. I'd bet the members here make up a very small percentage of spyders sold.
    Also, Except for an even smaller percentage of true enthusiast figure that most people come to a forum in search of a solution to a problem, so that makes the forums look ugly. They are all pretty much the same.
    The majority of Spyder riders have no idea what spyderlovers is and do nothing but enjoy the ride.

I'm enjoying my ride and have no issues with it.

And I totally agree that forums have more bad stories than they do good....by a long shot.

But in this case it "seems" unacceptable what is happening....and that is said from the standpoint of knowing 1/10th of what is really going on. lol

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Nervous

I have been to two dealerships in the last two weeks getting quotes on 14 RT limited here in NH. Planning on my 4th visit and final quote from another dealership and then a decision on who to purchase from. I have been thinking / planning this since September and have been Lurking here for a little bit. But I must admit I am getting nervous.

Thanks for the Post and the warnings. I might have to at least consider a Plan B.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm enjoying my ride and have no issues with it.

And I totally agree that forums have more bad stories than they do good....by a long shot.

But in this case it "seems" unacceptable what is happening....and that is said from the standpoint of knowing 1/10th of what is really going on. lol

We all hate to see what FB has gone through with her Spyder and want to see things work out. However, I have a hard time sympathizing in this particular situation. This seems to be more a wriling of the troops since the super secret negotiations didn't go as hoped. Negotiations that would have benefited one person at the expense of secrecy.
    Not my style.....

I guess I've always been the type that life is to short. If I had the same issues I would have gotten out of spyders and moved on. Its a hobby that is supposed to bring pleasure. Life is to short, fight the battles worth fighting.......again, that's just me.

Good luck FB. I sincerely mean that!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    If you do record, you best apprise the other party that the conversation is being recorded. To do it with an "unknowing party" is a felony (at least in the State of Flarda).

Chris

Not for private conversations where the other party calls you. It is illegal in some states to make the recording public, but using it as evidence or record of conversation between the two parties is not illegal as long as ONE of the two parties is aware of the recording. IE you cannot record the conversations of others but you can record YOURS. Its federal law, not state and enforced by the FCC.

If you use a cell phone, there are apps to do the recording for you.

As BRP has demonstrated many times over, they have a very bad case of selective memory, recording reminders of how conversations really went is prudent.

I fully believe FB heard what she was told. I also believe that the person posting as BRPCare did review notes from the conversation and believes the intent was different. As he was not the person that had the conversation with FB, even he does not know. No matter the specifics of the conversation, she is at least entitled to the cost of the recovery of the bike back to Houston. About $1k at the current IRS rates for truck transport. (its higher than passenger cars). If what she is talking about is close to that range, she would be very much entitled.

As far as I can see, they did not even finish repairs to her bike, leaving much to hubby to finish repairing due to BRP's failure.

Now how has BRP assisted? They have not even held up their end of the warranty in this case.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We have never wanted more than for FB's bike to run right... all the rest is fluff.... BUT... we will not be lied to and take it lying down. If we had been told the truth it would be a non issue... We are still hopeful that the patch to the ECM will help with the cooking of the parts of the engine under the covers. It will be this summer before we really know. Would love to have the bike on the road rather than dealing with all of this. Very Disappointed in our dealings with brp.
    Last edited by hotglue; 02-18-2014 at 07:08 AM.

Spyder Garage

Don't think so... FlamingoBabe has had problems most of the time she has had this ST. They are legit and the issues need to be addressed. The problem is, each time it's something new melting away or falling off. A poorly made Spyder indeed.

BRP asked her to test drive one of their new ST's before they went into production. Her reports on how she liked the ST sold many '13 ST's. BRP owes her for that at least. Instead they are treating her poorly.

This squeaky wheel needs some grease...

Snoopy, if you want to read some harsh threads, search DPS failure. It happened in the early years. Your DPS is something you don't want funking out on you...
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

I honestly believe BRP is trying hard but like any big machine there some disconnects depending on who you speaking to, how they apply their training, what side of the bed they woke up on and, well you get the point. I have had good results, so-so results and poor results in some of the dealings I had with my last bike but then I seem to have bought the problem child with that RT, lol. I have had very similar results with car dealers, other motorcycle brands, electronics etc. There is no question in my mind that BRP has their head in the sand at times but I would give them a B+ overall.

I think part of the problems I encountered was that the model had only been on the market for a year and it was very clearly going through growing pains. My dealer has worked hard to work things through to my satisfaction (ie made timely warranty repairs, spoken with BRP tech's to resolve technical issues). There are couple things I would pass onto BRP if they wanted some honest feed back about the product and the customer service:

1. Try to think outside of the box, when I discovered my paint had problems that continued to worsen over time I was given a flat.. "paint is only warrantied at the time of purchase". if that is the case the dealer should make it clear to the buyer to inspect and sign off before leaving or..... be a bit more flexible as it was the dealer that looked at the paint and said they should contact BRP for a new Hood. That being said, if paint starts to blister off this hard line approach is not conducive to good relations

2. The technician should never have suggested there may be some compensation to Flamingo Babe if this is not policy. As I said, I too received a similar suggestion so I know it cheapens the relationship.
    3. If they know a something is failing to perform they should not leave the customer to breakdown then make the repairs. I am refereeing to the throttle bodies, sensors and the likes that leave the customer stranded on the side of the road miles form home... (the RT is a touring model after all). Yes it will cost to be proactive but I guarantee you the bad publicly cost much more.
    4. Find a "Carlos" to put back in mix, he was an exceptional customer service person and defused a lot of issues before they flared up. His replacement (I won't mention names) was very poor at the job. I am not sure there is someone in that seat at all now, is there?

These bikes are ahead of their time so it really is a concern to hear someone say they are not going to buy because of an issue. BRP is watching and learning and really tries to make things right. I like to think they understand this is a luxury purchase targeting a more experienced generation. We have acquired a few spare dollars and have life's experience behind us. The good fortune ones have retired early and want to see some country while sitting on their beautiful piece of technology.

Think about it, I had more problems than I care to mention with my 2011 but came back and bought 14, that must say something! lol.

Spyder Garage

I feel your pain Charlyne ad my ST Limited was the same.

Spyder Garage

Ouch.. Wow! and OH NO! This one hurts everyone.

I know FB and she is not vindictive or out to get a 'Free Lunch'. She's taken it in the shorts more than once on this merry-go-round and she has been as positive as I think a person could be about it. She actually got some negative feedback some time ago for being so positive after her multiple negative experiences. I have to believe that was largely based on her confidence in BRP's resolve to make things right.

Not ruling out some kind of communication misunderstanding. I wasn't there. But I'd think, at this stage, things would be pretty much Black and White with everything on the table and clear to all parties. This has been going on for some time. Looking in from the outside it seems that someone should have been able to make a decision by now, pull the trigger, get it done and move on.

It's pretty ugly when the cheerleaders start to rag on the team...

I know that both the players and fans simply want this to be resolved. That is the only possible light at the end of this tunnel.

This can still turn out reasonably well. I hope that it does.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yazz View Post
    Don't think so... FlamingoBabe has had problems most of the time she has had this ST. They are legit and the issues need to be addressed. The problem is, each time it's something new melting away or falling off. A poorly made Spyder indeed.

BRP asked her to test drive one of their new ST's before they went into production. Her reports on how she liked the ST sold many '13 ST's. BRP owes her for that at least. Instead they are treating her poorly.

This squeaky wheel needs some grease...

Snoopy, if you want to read some harsh threads, search DPS failure. It happened in the early years. Your DPS is something you don't want funking out on you...

My point was that it seems when threads get too harsh "against BRP" on this forum they mysteriously get closed.

Spyder Garage

My point was that it seems when threads get too harsh "against BRP" on this forum they mysteriously get closed.

Nope, Lamont is a fair man. What needs to be told, is.

You didn't search DPS failure.

Those threads were hard to read, but true.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

I sincerely hope that FB can get the problem worked out to her satisfaction. I spoke very strongly early on in the thread and after reading many more opinions on both sides, still feel pretty much the same way.

I have been an uncompensated supporter of the product. To date, I have received one phone call from BRP and a gift certificate thanking me for my support to the product. The certificate bought me 1/2 of a farkle for the 2011. I have purchased as many, or more "s than most. Four to date. I have spent a lot of money on farkels and all that goes with owning and maintaining a .

To date, I have been one of the "lucky" ones. None of my 's have been mechanical nightmares like some have experienced. The small glitches that came up were taken care of by the dealer, and my problems never had to be fixed or solved by BRP. EDIT: What is happening here between FB and BRP is somewhat unnerving to me. I do not think that I would be as patient or understanding--given the length of term of the problem, and the resolution thereof.

Up until the last year, I have had nothing but kudos for my dealer. They went through some service department issues, and I had good and bad happen last season. Don't know what this season will bring, but I am hoping things will go smoothly. If I lose my dealership support network, I am out of luck here in Alaska. I am not mechanical enough to work on the and have no place to go other than the place I use now.

I have complained, yes, but am not recommending a boycott or cancellation of purchase orders for new product. That is a decision each has to make for themselves.

I wanted a new 2014 RTS but the dealer failed to order any of that model. I became ticked off enough to cancel. I did not want to wait an additional two months for them to re-order. In the interim, I broke down and tried to negotiate on one of the two 2014 LTD's that are in the pipe. Apparently, negotiations broke down there. They were supposed to call me back a week ago Tuesday (Feb 11th) with a quote. No call, I guess I was not destined to get a new 2014 Spyder number five. I am really done with that process now. I would say that after two attempts--someone shot themselves in the foot.

It is sad to see from time to time that problems don't get solved quickly enough to prevent threads like this from hitting the site.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 02-17-2014 at 11:44 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default I am another disappointed BRP customer.

Quote Originally Posted by JLSpyder2012 View Post
    Not too happy either - I have not received any response from BRP....Sorry to hear they did that to you. My issue is minor, just the lack of response to a question - but it does make you think if BRP "cares" or not!!

You would think a company that sells EXPENSIVE motorcycles would have the courtesy to satisfy their customers. I had purchased a 2012 RT Limited and now have a 2014 RT Limited. I sent a simple private message to BRPcare on 2-11-14 (maybe they don't respond to private messages, even though they are a member of the forum??) just to ask what range of 2014's RT's (VIN/Build Date) have the oil leak issue -- just trying to be proactive here as I have not had the chance to ryde it due to this stinkin' weather here -- zero miles on this beauty. Anyway, it was a very easy task (I would think) to reply to a customer who bought TWO RT Limited's within a year......NO RESPONSE from BRPcare (it's been about a week). I just don't get it.

Your treatment by BRP Care sounds similar to mine. I also have minor issues with my new 2012RS that have not been resolved and did contact BRP Care by PM on SL. My first message was sent by me on 1/26 and read by the Rep on 1/28.NO RESPONSE. I sent a follow-up message again on 1/30 to update on status of my Spyder having received word from the service department they were trying to fix some of the issues. Again...NO RESPONSE.
    My second message was not even read. Like you....I am not impressed and having followed all the problems that FB has experienced and the treatment she has received. It appears that longstanding customers are of no great importance to BRP.
    Last edited by Spiderwoman; 02-17-2014 at 10:14 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default nAMES

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Which BRP Rep was it?
    At this point; I'd be naming names, dates and times of the conversations...
    Disclosing name/times will serve no purpose. The person that I spoke with initially, a "representative of the CEO" is not the person that I spoke with today. This is their tactic. Start with one person,then have to start all over again with another. BRP has no interest in supporting Owners that have legitimate issues with their Spyders. I love my Spyder RT and wish that my wife and I could ride it on long trips without fear of a breakdown. Unfortunately, I seem doomed to only ride locally on a $29K machine that is touted as a long distance touring bike that I am nervous about riding more than riding more than about 50 miles from home, that is if my wife agrees to ride with me.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Make It Right !

My decision to buy a 2014 RT-S .................. is on Hold now. Don't like the way my friends are being treated !!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by owens9fingers View Post
    My decision to buy a 2014 RT-S .................. is on Hold now. Don't like the way my friends are being treated !!

We really enjoyed our 2012 RT Limited last year and put 7,650 miles on it without any issues, i.e. getting stalled, stranded, etc. It was very reliable. I had the dealer address a couple of items and BRP honored warranty on one of them.

I just purchased a 2014 RT Limited to enjoy more of a "cruising" experience with a better powertrain. Anyway, the main point I am saying "do what you feel will make YOU happy". I have been frustrated with BRP's lack of response to my questions at times, but my dealer has always come through (lucky me).

BRP must be experiencing growing pains or their culture is not what we expect it to be. They need to be more customer centric and respond better to customer concerns without giving away the store. I don't want anything of monetary value from them when I contacted them, I just wanted an answer to a question. MOST companies honor that and provide a written response to their customer just out of courtesy.

I am not letting that issue get in the way of me and my wife enjoying our 2014 RT Limited just like we enjoyed the 2012 RT limited. Life's too short for that. We really enjoy ryding the Spyder and have done many more things because of that with friends.

Hope you do well in your decision making.....remember, what's important is that YOU are happy with your decision.

My $0.02 worth............good luck!
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't want y'all to think I am anti brp... that is not the case... what I want is FB's bike running right!
    I am REALLY hoping that the ECM patch will fix the overheating issues we have had.... I'm not talking about .... my leg is hot... I'm talking about melting things in the engine bay.....We will really know the truth this summer... but... as said before.. I will not be lied to and I will not take it laying down...
    I am So pleased that many have not have had the issues we have had.!!! and wish you the best!
    We are hoping that our issues are resolved!!!!!
    Last edited by hotglue; 02-18-2014 at 07:10 AM.