Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default 2014 COMMENTS PLEASE

Several questions here. Big Red 1 runs like a hose. Only 15,000 miles on him and no problems after a new throttle body two years ago. My dealer, Coyote Powersports is only two miles from me and has several RT-S 2014's. He will deal as I have known him for years, but it will still cost a bunch. I know the '14 is better, but....

1) Would anyone share what they think a good trade in price would be? I have the BRP Garmin 660, XM and BRP CB. (see #3)

2) My BRP CB is only fair compared to my GW CB, is the 2014 CB any better?

3) I have not talked trade much, but I would trade out my XM radio receiver and maybe the CB if the '14 units are just the same as my present unit.

4) I know many got the LTD vs. the less expensive model, why?

5) My sweet wife of 56 years said "You are 82, go for it!"

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi George!
    Your Best-Half sounds like a real "Keeper"!
    I don't know if the radio units are the same... there are lots of folks in here, that do! They can answer those questions best!
    I believe that there were some inital problems with the 2014 CBs...
    Get the Limited; add the CB and XM to it, and you'll be more than happy with the results!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default What's included in the LTD PKG

Bob, it seems that the LTD package changed for 14. What is included now!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You don't get the travel cover, and you only get the hard luggage for the Frunk...
    I don't know how much changed from 2013; is that what you got?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BIG RED 1 View Post
    Several questions here. Big Red 1 runs like a hose. Only 15,000 miles on him and no problems after a new throttle body two years ago. My dealer, Coyote Powersports is only two miles from me and has several RT-S 2014's. He will deal as I have known him for years, but it will still cost a bunch. I know the '14 is better, but....

1) Would anyone share what they think a good trade in price would be? I have the BRP Garmin 660, XM and BRP CB. (see #3)

2) My BRP CB is only fair compared to my GW CB, is the 2014 CB any better?

3) I have not talked trade much, but I would trade out my XM radio receiver and maybe the CB if the '14 units are just the same as my present unit.

4) I know many got the LTD vs. the less expensive model, why?

5) My sweet wife of 56 years said "You are 82, go for it!"

I heard once the definition of a bargain is "something worth more to you than the money spent" So a good trade in price is whatever you are happy with.

If this was me I would have the dealer swap your Garmin, XM, and CB to the 14 RTS

I purchased the LTD as I wanted the GPS and the extra chrome

with your wife - go for it. The 14 is that much better
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Go for it..!!

who cares what I think... check your blue book nada prices in your area and see how close he gets to them. If your are like me and don't like the personal sale let them deal with it and that could be the price difference...enjoy either way...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Hi George, the 2014 ryde is amazing. I traded in my 2010 and took a bath on it and to me, it was worth it for us. I kept the Zumo 660 and choose to buy the newer CB comm radio system. The CB was a little better until I added additional ground and RF chokes and range went from 50 yards to at least a half mile or more. I also upgraded from a RT A/C to a RTS. Mileage improved from 28-30 mpg to 38-42 mpg.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 09-05-2014 at 11:15 AM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

I went the other way. I had no interest or need for the expensive BRP farkles, so I opted for the BASE SE6. I preferred the rims and front fenders, as well. I saved $4K over the "S", added the farkles I wanted for about $600, and am very pleased. The cash difference between what i sold my 2010 for and the OTD price for my 2014 was about $2000 - would have been $6000 for the "S".

For $2000, the upgrade is well worth it. For $6000, it would have been a much harder decision. The $8K+ for a LTD is an absolute non-starter for me.

I don't care about fog lights, carpeted bins, luggage, or chrome. I may eventually add the rear speakers - but my SO doesn't like the radio on when she rides, so I may not bother. All the rest of the stuff is the same on all the RTs.

My likes: better (stock) suspension, better (stock) seat, you can actually check the oil, better gas milage, noticeably better torque, runs much cooler, and is far less expensive to maintain. My 2010 was a toy, to take out on weekends, my 2014 is a daily rider.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

My wife told me to purchase an 2015 F3 to add to my 2014 RT Limited stable so I am a great believer in wife advice...
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Sent you a PM George.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Sent you a PM George.
    Thanks for the PM and info. I see that BikerDoc is talking about a 2015....an email today said they would be out in a couple of weeks....I will certainly wait and see what they look like. I doubt if much change from the 2014, and if not, I will shop a 2014 and save a few bucks. Thanks to all for your comments.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BIG RED 1 View Post
    Thanks for the PM and info. I see that BikerDoc is talking about a 2015....an email today said they would be out in a couple of weeks....I will certainly wait and see what they look like. I doubt if much change from the 2014, and if not, I will shop a 2014 and save a few bucks. Thanks to all for your comments.

Don't know if you have seen the photos yet--but the 2015 F3 is going to be a whole new machine. As far as RT's go, most are not anticipating much change from the 2014--so you are sure right about saving some bucks on the 2014 RT.

F3:

If you click on the photos--they enlarge.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-05-2014 at 04:45 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BikerDoc View Post
    My wife told me to purchase an 2015 F3 to add to my 2014 RT Limited stable so I am a great believer in wife advice...
    Keep Momma happy; and your whole World is a MUCH better place!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Bob, the F3 does not look like "my machine". I will see if the 2015 RT-S (the only one I have any interest in) has any great upgrades, which I doubt....if not then maybe a 2014....but BR1 is still a hoot and just had his 14,000 check and is in great shape.

I did learn who is the boss in this family when I told her two weeks after our wedding....I am the boss of this ranch! That was 55 years, 8 months, 9 days and 13:12 hours ago.....BIG MISTAKE ON MY PART.

The darlin' does have a sharp tongue....she said I am the boss as I just got promoted to the second shift primary saw operator at the saw mill....and you can't have any motorcycles until you say you are sorry....hee hee, I fooled her, I have two......gotta go now, the laundry is pilling up and the pork chops need turning.....I showed her....ha ha

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Spyder Garage

Got my 2014 RTL out the door for 15k plus tax. I traded in my 2010 RT A&C with 10k miles. I kept the full cover but forgot to take the liner out of the glove compartment. Being it's the end of the model year perhaps you can get a good deal. There is a substantial difference. It's sad but the older we get the more we tend to worry about how much use we will get out of something if we buy it. Go for it!

2014 RT Limited - Black / Currant

Spyder Garage

You're 82; go for it!
    3:16