Registered Users Motorcycle Mama & Papa's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default KOSO Heated Grips

Has anyone installed these grips on a 2008 SE5 or 2009 SM5? Please let me know. Thanks.
    "Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight" - Benjamin Franklin

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycle Mama & Papa View Post
    Has anyone installed these grips on a 2008 SE5 or 2009 SM5? Please let me know. Thanks.
    http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...T.ac=SLIsearch

I just got these in Oct for my 09GS and they work very good- 5 levels like the KOSO. level 3 was fine for 40-43 degrees. Used level 5 for a few minutes to start and then turned down. They have Very Good reviews on this link. Check some Koso reviews before you buy to compare.

If its below 40 I ride the RT- Better wind protection!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've run a couple different heaters now. The best I've run into are the Polly Heaters PH200. Easy to find on amazon. They are a cartridge or capsule and install inside the bar and are invisible once installed. They do take some time to install correctly.
    The heaters get crazy hot on the high setting but are very comfortable on low. I usually use the high setting to get things warm and then switch to low. Sometimes click back to high if it's really cold out but since they heat the bar they don't cool off quick...These are snowmobile heaters but they also make a version that doesn't get as hot for motorcycles.

Registered Users Motorcycle Mama & Papa's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Smile Koso Heated Grips

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...T.ac=SLIsearch

I just got these in Oct for my 09GS and they work very good- 5 levels like the KOSO. level 3 was fine for 40-43 degrees. Used level 5 for a few minutes to start and then turned down. They have Very Good reviews on this link. Check some Koso reviews before you buy to compare.

If its below 40 I ride the RT- Better wind protection!

A friend recommended and has these on her 08 SE5. I purchased them for my 08 SE5 from her dealer. 7/8+1 Problem is my dealer says right side is too big. left is fine. Don't know if right side is defective or dealer ordered wrong size. Had you ordered the 7/8 or the 7/8+1? I just ordered Koso Glue made especially for their heated grips just in case. Hope I made a good choice. As you can read I'm a bit clueless. I have a call into friend's dealer in California. Hoping he could shed some light on my situation. Your feed back is very much appreciated.
    "Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight" - Benjamin Franklin

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycle Mama & Papa View Post
    A friend recommended and has these on her 08 SE5. I purchased them for my 08 SE5 from her dealer. 7/8+1 Problem is my dealer says right side is too big. left is fine. Don't know if right side is defective or dealer ordered wrong size. Had you ordered the 7/8 or the 7/8+1? I just ordered Koso Glue made especially for their heated grips just in case. Hope I made a good choice. As you can read I'm a bit clueless. I have a call into friend's dealer in California. Hoping he could shed some light on my situation. Your feed back is very much appreciated.
    I got the 7/8 by using the -Year-Make-Model-choice in the above link. I cut off stock grip and Tapped these on using a Rubber mallet(?) it worked? You have to be careful with the left that it does not interfere with your SE5 Shifter when you put them on. I didn,t need glue.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

I looked at the KOSO but ended up getting the Oxfords instead. I have Oxfords on my other bike and have had them before. They are a very high quality unit with a really nice digital controller that has a battery minder feature, if wired directly to the battery.