Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wow! That'd be a couple of sawbucks saved for another farkle...
    (Authorized; of course! )
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Wow! That'd be a couple of sawbucks saved for another farkle...
    (Authorized; of course! )

I agree, Utopia it will be. Tom

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Friday; right??

Spyder Garage

i also will go with the Utopia if it uses the original Hole in the seat.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    i also will go with the Utopia if it uses the original Hole in the seat.

Cruzr Joe

Joe, email him and ask. I know he was looking for another seat to engineer to use the existing slot rather than having to cut the seat behind the slot like mine. For me tho, it worked out great as it gave me a bit more butt bumper which provides better lumbar support for my particular issue.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

image.jpg

I just got an email from Bob (Utopia). His new bracket uses the existing hole and you don't have to remove the seat to do the install. It uses the existing four nuts in the bottom of the pan. He sent me some pics and it looks real good. Very, very happy with the purchase. Can't wait for it to arrive. So order up, ladies and gentlemen. The longer you wait to order, the longer you wait for the backrest.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 03-03-2014 at 08:57 PM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Default Back Rest

I have a Utopia backrest that I got from a guy on here. I had it installed by a upolstery shop because I did not want to cut the seat myself. Cost me $40 bucks for that.
    I took it off today because around town I sometimes ride 2-up and it does not leave enough room for some passengers. I am going to go look for some sort of quick
    release bolt thingy for it. When I go on trips I will put it back on.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lwrydr View Post
    I have a Utopia backrest that I got from a guy on here. I had it installed by a upolstery shop because I did not want to cut the seat myself. Cost me $40 bucks for that.
    I took it off today because around town I sometimes ride 2-up and it does not leave enough room for some passengers. I am going to go look for some sort of quick
    release bolt thingy for it. When I go on trips I will put it back on.
    Utopia has quick-out bracket as an option. The install is pretty easy. The hardest part is getting the bolts aligned with the bracket holes with the seat on.

https://www.utpr.com/moreitems.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    SpyderPhyl

2014 Cognac RT-LTD, SE6, ACE 1330

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

The Utopia backrest for my '14 RTS was shipped today!
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We'll just need to see the proof of it, once it's on your bike!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    The Utopia backrest for my '14 RTS was shipped today!

Gotta have a photo or it ain't real

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member bodymanpainter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    image.jpg

I just got an email from Bob (Utopia). His new bracket uses the existing hole and you don't have to remove the seat to do the install. It uses the existing four nuts in the bottom of the pan. He sent me some pics and it looks real good. Very, very happy with the purchase. Can't wait for it to arrive. So order up, ladies and gentlemen. The longer you wait to order, the longer you wait for the backrest.
    Just ordered ours last night, should ship on March 17th.
    2020 RTL

Spyder Garage

I am waiting for a call from Utopia

I called them yesterday and spoke with then regarding purchasing just the backrest pad (don't need mounting hardware as I already purchased an Ultimate TallBoy seat for my 2014 RTS but I don't really like their backrest, BUT, Ultimate does sell a mounting kit for the Utopia backrest to fit on their seat so..... )

now I just need to hear back from Utopia about the cost of purchasing just the pad.....
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Spyder Garage

image.jpgimage.jpg

Only took 15 mins to install. Wow!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

I got a return call from Utopia and they have agreed to sell me just the backrest (without all the hardware that I don't need since Ultimate Seats has a bracket to allow the installation of the Utopia backrest)

my Ultimate Tall Boy 2 tone seat and the Utopia backrest

a heavenly ride is coming

1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

when it arrives?

Spyder Garage

installed
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

lookin' pretty darn nice!!

Spyder Garage

IMG_1575.jpgIMG_1576.jpg

thats the Utopia backrest on my new Ultimate seat

not too shabby and very comfortable

Spyder Garage

Where did you get the adapter to mount the utopia on the Ultimate seat? I need one!!!!!!!
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Spyder Garage

Ultimate sells them

so I traded back in my Ultimate back rest, bought the adapter from Ultimate, and then called Utopia and pleaded with them to sell me just the pad, not mounting hardware and they (Utopia) were kind enough to sell me just the pad

Spyder Garage

Actually I found out that if you already have the ultimate backrest you can just unmount the adapter and put onto utopia.
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder-dude View Post
    Actually I found out that if you already have the ultimate backrest you can just unmount the adapter and put onto utopia.

well.... that just might open up a new sales option for Utopia/Bob....