Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default 600 mile service

Dealer quoted me $280 for the 600 mile service. I have the 2014 RT SE6. Sounds kinda high. Dealer said they have to replace the oil and transmission filter. Thoughts? They also said I can't put Amsoil or other kinds.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Dealer called

Seems pricey.

Spyder Garage

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by SAPD911 View Post
    Dealer quoted me $280 for the 600 mile service. I have the 2014 RT SE6. Sounds kinda high. Dealer said they have to replace the oil and transmission filter. Thoughts? They also said I can't put Amsoil or other kinds.
    600 mile? Isn't the first service at 3000 miles. Check you OM

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

600 miles is that your first oil change IAW with you owners manual?
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

First service was changed to 1200 miles I think. Used to be 600. I paid $180 which basically covered oil and filter change (including the transmission filter, I have the SE5 transmission) a BUDS update and belt tension/alignment check.

Spyder Garage

You need to drive that 2014 another 2400 miles before it's due for service. You need to learn how to do the oil /filter changes yourself, save a bundle and no waiting for the dealer .
    Happy Owner

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    First service was changed to 1200 miles I think. Used to be 600. I paid $180 which basically covered oil and filter change (including the transmission filter, I have the SE5 transmission) a BUDS update and belt tension/alignment check.
    just read the manual (pg 120), it says 3000 miles for the first service (break-in inspection). Thanks all. Guess I need to RTFM! lol

Dealer is replacing the oil at 35 miles anyway due to a set screw leak.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fastfraser View Post
    You need to drive that 2014 another 2400 miles before it's due for service. You need to learn how to do the oil /filter changes yourself, save a bundle and no waiting for the dealer .
    Does that void your warranty? or you just save the oil receipts?

Spyder Garage

Default Heres what is on 3000 mile service for the '14's

Buds update
    Replace oil/filter
    Inspect throttle grip operation
    Check and re-tighten exhaust pipe, clamping rings, joints & gaskets.

Check clutch fluid on SM6
    Check: reverse mechanism operation, coolant,lighting system, control switches, front wheel torque, drive belt tension, rear wheel torque on axle bolt, parking brake, wheel wear, align if necessary, tire pressure, brake pads, passenger handholds, footrest looseness, body panel looseness, storage compartment latches, hinges, and gaskets.

Listed as 2 Hrs labor, plus oil/filter. Alignment extra. My dealer charges $241 or $341 if you need/want laser alignment.

I'll change my own oil, and have them do selected items like:
    Buds update, wheel/axle torque, drive belt, the exhaust pipe things. Maybe an hour at the most for $75. Gets me on record, and I stay in touch with svc mngr and techs.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's hard to believe that the "600 miler", has been pushed back that far!

BUT IT HAS!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Wow!, it is still 600 miles on the 2013 RT-S SE5. I was qouted $350 for the service.

Spyder Garage

Tell your dealer that the first service is at 3,000 miles not 600

cruzr joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Will Len come get yours, for this service??
    Both he and his lovely Bride need a day out of the shop anyway!

Spyder Garage

As others have mentioned--its 3,000 miles for that first service on the 2014 RT. I commented about the high price of service, but was thinking dealer said $600--not $280--which is in the ball park. Oooops!
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 02-14-2014 at 03:16 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    As others have mentioned--its 3,000 miles for that first service on the 2014 RT. I think your dealer is about $300 to high, compared to what others post on the site.

How is $280.00 $300.00 too High?? ( i think the battery in your calculator needs replacing)

at that rate the dealer would have to give him $20.00 for bringing it in.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Will Len come get yours, for this service??
    Both he and his lovely Bride need a day out of the shop anyway!

I never asked him, but i think if the situation called for it, he would do it. I think his wife Vanessa needs some time off, Len keeps going to these races and other social events and leaves her in charge of the kids and the business.

Pit Bull Power Sports Rocks

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    How is $280.00 $300.00 too High?? ( i think the battery in your calculator needs replacing)

at that rate the dealer would have to give him $20.00 for bringing it in.

Cruzr Joe
    How did I miss that? I thought he said $600 for the service--not $280. Time for me to go back and edit.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Don't know..!!

the price will vary from shop to shop and we don't have enough feed back on the new 1330 cc engine first service. What is true is that it is not at 600 miles. If your dealer did not understand what year your roadster is then it's an honest mistake if he did know they need to get with it...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

How did I miss that? I thought he said $600 for the service--not $280. Time for me to go back and edit.

If you edit it, everyone will wonder what the hell i was talking about.

Cruzr joe

Spyder Garage

If you edit it, everyone will wonder what the hell i was talking about.

Cruzr joe
    Nah--you were right on. It's kind of neat to see that some read posts very carefully.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Nah--you were right on. It's kind of neat to see that some read posts very carefully.

Cruzr joe

Spyder Garage

Your dealer needs to get his act together. Not only is the first service for the ACE 1300 changed to 3000 miles, but the (expensive) transmission filter change interval has been altered, too. Have them do some studying and quote it again. Meanwhile, you can ride five times as far before you have to visit them. They may have figured things out by then.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I never asked him, but i think if the situation called for it, he would do it. I think his wife Vanessa needs some time off, Len keeps going to these races and other social events and leaves her in charge of the kids and the business.

Pit Bull Power Sports Rocks

Cruzr Joe
    Think about it...
    Would you leave your kids with Len??

(They'd have so much fun, that they'd never want to come home! )

Spyder Garage

The 2014 means re educating a lot of the lower quality dealers all over again. or catching some of them who will want to do unnecessary maintenance just for the $$$$$
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Think about it...
    Would you leave your kids with Len??

(They'd have so much fun, that they'd never want to come home! )

Promises Promises.

Cruzr Joe