Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

My wife and I hope to meet many of you tomorrow at the BBQ. I don't know what we will be wearing except I know I won't be in a speedo like daddydarko.
    Dade City, Fl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjeffrey View Post
    My wife and I hope to meet many of you tomorrow at the BBQ. I don't know what we will be wearing except I know I won't be in a speedo like daddydarko.
    Here's a pic so you can be sure it's me...

"I <3 attention!"
    -DD

Spyder Garage

For those of you who couldn't make it, you missed out on a fantastic day! There were around 50 Spyder's that showed up. The catered food was excellent. I should have some photos posted by tomorrow.

Spyder Garage

Agreed with Rando....What a fantastic time. Now I know what I have missed in the previous get-togethers. The food was top notch, the Sea-Doo's were a blast. My wife and I made plenty of new friends.

Pics to come also as soon as I figure out where to store them so everyone can see.
    Dade City, Fl

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

We made the ride up from Jackson and got to enjoy the West Texas Barbeque from where else, Jackson. These guys are really good at catering these types of events and you will be hard pressed to find a better barbeque brisket. We had to make a quick turnaround so we didn't get a chance to meet many, but the Spyder spirit was in full force. So many Spyders with burn marks on the standard muffler that I don't feel too bad that that is the only problem I have (no brake squeals, no sticking parking brake, no overheating). I did notice that some of the burn marks had actually bubbled the paint. Mine just is a dull smudge. Great ride, great food, and hopefully all had a safe ride.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    For those of you who couldn't make it, you missed out on a fantastic day! There were around 50 Spyder's that showed up. The catered food was excellent. I should have some photos posted by tomorrow.
    Only 50? It seemed like more to me. Whatever the numbers, it was an impressive turnout by my standards. Many other Spyder attendees said they were impressed by the turnout too. I hope BRP felt the same and continue to do things like this for Michigan Spyders. The food and company was excellent. Eight of the people who went with us on the U.P. trip were there and it was great to reconnect with them. I got to meet others from the forums too and they were all great people.

There were two vendors there. Jimmy Mels from Mels Monster Garage and Mike Hatcher who makes a Spyder loading attachment for a Rampage lift. One more option for those who want to transport their Spyder. This one lifts a Spyder into the back of a pickup truck and looks like it works very well. His number is (313) 919-2121 for any who are interested.

Also, a red T-Rex showed up and drew a crowd for a while. It was sharp looking but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to get in and out of it. The seat appears to be no more than 6 or 8 inches off the ground and I'm sure anyone over 6 feet tall would struggle to contort their body to fit in the drivers seat.

Unfortunately, I forgot about taking pictures once I started visiting with people so I only have two photos of the Spyders lined up when I first arrived there.

Last edited by bjt; 08-18-2008 at 08:38 AM. Reason: typos

Spyder Garage

Here's the link to the pictures we took.

http://photobucket.com/spyders
    Dade City, Fl

Spyder Garage

Great pics bjeffrey.

Spyder Garage

Thanks bjt, I just uploaded everything that was on the camera. I have to go through and get rid of some of them.

Winners at the picnic were:

Highest mileage - 8,7xx
    Farthest distance travelled to BBQ - From Florida (a friend of Lamont's)
    Best Custom Paint - The Orange w / gold pinstriping

I belive these to be accurate.
    Dade City, Fl

Spyder Garage

I wondered who won farthest traveled. I don't think the guy from Florida traveled all that way just for this event. I could be wrong though. The farthest I heard that anyone traveled just to come to the BBQ was a couple from Kalkaska, MI. About 200 miles each way.

Spyder Garage

We had a guy with our dealership that drove up from south of Indianapolis, John I think. I didn't ask how many miles but he said it took him about 5 hrs.
    Dade City, Fl

Spyder Garage

Good times, good food, good folks. Really good to meet some of the people on this site, hope to be seeing more next time I can get to one. I've really got to get risers, highway pegs and a better seat first. 900 miles in 2 days with the stock stuff is a little hard on this old body.