Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

...Please keep in mind, that BRP was REAL close to canning this entire project ...
    Until Bosch came up with a solution!

I don't care about what their legal department thinks about their sleds, quads, or side-bys...
    If it takes Nanny to make the Spyders viable in the marketplace; so be it!
    (And I've ridden sleds since 1967, and ATVs since 1970)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    I agree with this Bob.

Looking at it from a different view..............Is the nanny really necessary? Without even getting into 2 wheel bikes.............

I can buy a snowmobile (from BRP) with a 160+hp 800 engine that will run in the 110-120 range flat out and do some real quick 20-80 times while twisting through trees on an 8' wide snowmobile trail. Miss a turn at 80 and hit a tree and you're dead. Hit a bump at 80 and hit a tree and your dead. Inside ski lift at 80, lose control, hit a tree and your dead BUT there is no nanny on the sled. Just as dangerous but no nanny.

I can buy an ATV from BRP. Same scenario as the sled above except it won't go that fast. NO nanny on the ATV.

I can buy a side x side from BRP. Same scenario as the sled above...NO nannny on the side x side.

I can buy a Sea-doo from BRP........NO nanny.

All these vehicles can be a lot of fun. All of these vehicles can be dangerous if not ridden correctly or over riden by inexperienced users yet the Spyder is the only one with all of this "over control". I just don't understand the logic behind the nanny only on the Spyder and not their other vehicles. If they really feel they need the nanny then they should at least tone it down to not be so sensitive or have an option to disable it. I want to be able to push the RS hard. I want hang off the seat in a corner, I want to be right on the edge of the inside wheel lifting, I want to smoke up the rear tire and leave it in clumps on the pavement.
    Now you are beginning to sound like a NY Spyder Ryder!!!! My favorite was the 05 MACH Z, 171 horses under the cowl.

Just sayin'............
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Those Big Machs, were righteous lake-shorteners!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    I agree with this Bob.

Looking at it from a different view..............Is the nanny really necessary? Without even getting into 2 wheel bikes.............

I can buy a snowmobile (from BRP) with a 160+hp 800 engine that will run in the 110-120 range flat out and do some real quick 20-80 times while twisting through trees on an 8' wide snowmobile trail. Miss a turn at 80 and hit a tree and you're dead. Hit a bump at 80 and hit a tree and your dead. Inside ski lift at 80, lose control, hit a tree and your dead BUT there is no nanny on the sled. Just as dangerous but no nanny.

I can buy an ATV from BRP. Same scenario as the sled above except it won't go that fast. NO nanny on the ATV.

I can buy a side x side from BRP. Same scenario as the sled above...NO nannny on the side x side.

I can buy a Sea-doo from BRP........NO nanny.

All these vehicles can be a lot of fun. All of these vehicles can be dangerous if not ridden correctly or over riden by inexperienced users yet the Spyder is the only one with all of this "over control". I just don't understand the logic behind the nanny only on the Spyder and not their other vehicles. If they really feel they need the nanny then they should at least tone it down to not be so sensitive or have an option to disable it. I want to be able to push the RS hard. I want hang off the seat in a corner, I want to be right on the edge of the inside wheel lifting, I want to smoke up the rear tire and leave it in clumps on the pavement.
    Suspect the answer to that one is unfortunately simple - other companies make quad's, snowmobiles etc so accidents tend to be grouped statistically by type of vehicle not manufacturer. How long would BRP last if there were a few fatal accidents on Spyders caused by 'loss of control' because nanny didn't cut in soon enough?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

... And absolutely nobody would would put up with a sled or a quad that limited wheel, or trackspin...
    You can't market "safety" to those customers...