Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    If you want considerably more power and less nanny restrictions you need to be willing to think outside the box.......

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk
    I just want to buy a larger box.

Spyder Garage

I hate cruising 55 I don't think my bike likes it either . I like the bottom end power but little more top speed and less nanny restrictions like Drew said would be a great thing.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    Isn't BRP doing a software update to the rss to calm the nanny and add power?
    I've called about the new nanny program for the 2014 RSS and they said it is alot more then just a program the steering angle sensor,ABS unit and ECM are all different and it was just not that simple . I wish they would come up with a new program, be real nice to throw the bike into a turn. I know my riding ability and the bike makes it a little too safe sometimes.

Spyder Garage

Default Is there an age limit?

On "playing" on my Spyder? Concerned that I might have missed that memo...and I sure wouldn't want to go against the "rules"..
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

I also like to ride hard when I'm one-up. That's one of the reasons I kept my 08 GS when I bought my 12 RTS-LTD.
    The GS has an aftermarket sway bar and 2012 RT front shocks...what a difference! Plus...it's REALLY loud!

Number One: 2008 Yellow GS SM5. I love my Spyder.
    Number Two: 2012 RT-S Limited (the poop colored RT) I still have Number One, but Some Girl made me buy Number Two...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
    The GS has an aftermarket sway bar and 2012 RT front shocks...what a difference! Plus...it's REALLY loud!
    I'm not riding behind you anymore
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have a 2012 RS I bought last year as a holdover. Currently has about 4500 miles on it. I to come from a "sled" background. I love the Spyder and I think part of the reason is its a very similar ride to a sled. There are some things I would change about the Spyder and they are partly based on sled riding.

Power. The RS or RSS needs more power in my opinion. It's plenty fast enough for me on top end but in my opinion it needs more boost between 0 and 75 mph. My sled has more (REV 600 HO....that's old now) and I wish the Spyder did as well. I'm not sure if the engine needs more power (or different power band) or just some weight saving would work. BRP has done an excellent job shaving weight of their sleds. I'm not sure why they don't do the same with the RS, RSS.

Nanny. The nanny definitely needs a "sport" mode or "race" mode or "fool around" mode. Like a sled I love to ride the Spyder hard in the twisties and the nanny just kicks in too early for my liking sometimes. We need to be able to push the bike harder.

Shocks. BRP needs to have an option for high performance shocks all the way around. The fox option for the front is OK but I've never been real fond of Fox shocks and to only upgrade the front without the rear seems silly. Again BRP does a great job offering high performance suspensions/shocks on sleds and I don't see any reason why they can't also do this on the Spyder.

Handlebars. WTF is up with the handlebars on these things. There is ZERO adjustment. My sled has a ton of adjustment on the bars. My Harley has some adjustment on the bars. The SPYDER has none. This is a fail in my opinion and BRP needs to change it.

Thumb Throttle. Have one on the sled and want one on the Spyder. The bars move way to much on a Spyder to have a twist grip. Sleds, ATV's...they have thumb throttles for this reason and there should be an option on the Spyder for one.

Brakes. Yes I want a brake lever on my Spyder just like the sled. I'd prefer this over the foot brake. I want it to work exactly like it does now by controlling all 3 brakes...I just want a lever.

Please don't confuse riding hard with not riding safe. I've met plenty of people on the road who weren't riding hard and were way more unsafe than I was.
    Last edited by Rob Rodriguez; 02-10-2014 at 01:08 PM.

Spyder Garage

I agree almost completely with you Rob. I like my foot brake but wouldn't mind a hand brake either... But I'd love a "high end" RS-S. If they want to make the RS the lower end/cheap bike fine. But make a good high-end sport model. I'd be all over it. Want to bring in younger customers? That's how. The RS-S was just good enough to get me in...but I want more and I'd pay for it.

Spyder Garage

I don,t think you will see the 1330 in an RS!
    BRP can up the HP in the Twin to 120 or 136 any time they want! ( And they may?)
    I predict a Entry level machine (Sub $12,000 Maybe $10,999) with the 900 ACE Triple at about 90 HP and tons of low end torque to get New People in the door.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Completely agree. They need to build a no frills RS in the $12K range to attract new riders. Then have the RSS be the high performance sport option. No offense to anyone here but I just can't see myself ever riding an RT or RTS. Maybe....maybe an ST but even that doesn't really appeal to me.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm right there in total agreement guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

What are the differences between the 2012 RS & 2012 RSS?
    And are there differences between RS & RSS in 10,11,13,14s?
    When I went shopping, I found these differences between the 2012 RS & RSS. The RSS had more paint schemes/options & RSS had an upgraded suspension. Other then those 2 items, HP, torque, engine type/size, power band, weight, & performance were the identical on the RS & RSS.
    Maybe older & newer RS & RSS comparisons are different.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The only other difference I know is is the rims. The RSS has a different rim design. Oh and the seat cover has stitching. Other than the shocks the RSS upgrades are purely cosmetic as near as I can tell. That's why I bought an RS. I didn't feel the extra $ for the RSS was justifiable.

Spyder Garage

the fox shocks on the rss in2012 made my decision easier to spend the extra for the rss. to each his own!

Spyder Garage

Rob,
    That was my logic as well. I've kept my RS stock & continue to ride miles to see if I need aftermarket items. 24,000 miles later & the only things I have done are the recommended service & maintenance items, new tire, new belt (got a hole in the middle of belt), adjusted shocks to 5 & added a nelson rigg tank bag for my old school maps. On all of my machines, I ride for plenty of miles & time to get used to stock and then decide if I need aftermarket. When selling, I've never been able to recoup my aftermarket costs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Bike looks sweet Spydaman60.

Figmotoday, that's generally what I do as well. I agree. Once you buy the aftermarket stuff it's money out the window. Trucks, sleds, ATV's, bikes, I've never been able to get accessory money back when it comes time to trade or sell. My 2012 is stock except. I added a mount for my phone so I can use it as a gps, added a 12 volt plug-in so I can plug the phone in, bought a baja ron swaybar (haven't installed yet) in hopes that will help the "lean" in some of the corners. I'll probably add a backrest so the wife can ride a little more comfortable on the back when she goes. My only other thought is a shock upgrade but the Elka's are too expensive I think and I hate to put just the Fox up front and not upgrade the rear. It's been a trouble free machine so far. Hoping it stays that way

Spyder Garage

I did a good job stirring up the . I was looking to see if there were others out there like me, and got a sermon on personal responsibility. Maybe someday i will give in and be the guy doing 55 in the left lane with a line of cars behind me with the drivers blowing their horns and giving me the single finger salute. Something tells me it won't be this season, or the next.............

Just sayin'............
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by otter28169 View Post
    I did a good job stirring up the . I was looking to see if there were others out there like me, and got a sermon on personal responsibility. Maybe someday i will give in and be the guy doing 55 in the left lane with a line of cars behind me with the drivers blowing their horns and giving me the single finger salute. Something tells me it won't be this season, or the next.............

Just sayin'............
    It did get a little off topic at times--but you knew that would happen.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Just sayin'............
    or you can just be a blocker again for spyderquest and get the same single finger salute!

Spyder Garage

Just sayin'............
    I've been riding motorbikes in an 'enthusiastic' manner for 28 years now but the one big accident I've had is when I was doodling along at 50mph in a 60mph limit on a completely straight, flat, road with a car in front of me and a car behind. A van doing 60mph failed to stop at a stop sign and T'd me. It took 10 years from the first op to the last to get properly sorted.

So people who want to give me a sermon on how I'm the one that's riding dangerously can shove it as far as I'm concerned.

Spyder Garage

Otter-

You were one hell of a blocker... Glad someone else said it first!

Spyder Garage

Just sayin'............
    Never give up, never give in!

Been down roads with a pack of HDs riding the speed limit in the left lane plugging up traffic. How embarrassing is that?

Feels good to roar pass them and have the freedom of the road once more.

---------------

Y'all want to talk about blocking? Let's just say I stayed between my pack and a semi coming down a hill with squealing breaks. Not a good feeling...
    Last edited by Yazz; 02-10-2014 at 09:22 PM.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PistonBlown View Post
    I've been riding motorbikes in an 'enthusiastic' manner for 28 years now but the one big accident I've had is when I was doodling along at 50mph in a 60mph limit on a completely straight, flat, road with a car in front of me and a car behind. A van doing 60mph failed to stop at a stop sign and T'd me. It took 10 years from the first op to the last to get properly sorted.

So people who want to give me a sermon on how I'm the one that's riding dangerously can shove it as far as I'm concerned.
    Ouch, sounded brutal & good to hear you are back in the saddle. I agree with your "doodling" & it can lead to being stuck in groups of vehicles & hard to get out of these traffic clusters. There are tons of riding styles and perspectives. I prefer to ride light & keep my powder dry & be prepared to safely & quickly get in & out of potentially negative riding situations VS being overloaded in saddles & frunk & extra weight from aftermarket items & pulling a fully loaded trailer slowing down my machines speed & maneuverability to get in & out of potentially negative situations. I'm not downplaying this riding preference/style, I'm just saying it is not for me. I always carry minimal weight when riding either local or cross country. I rely on a compact sleeping bag, 1 person compact tent, my leathers, few clothes, rain gear, laundrymats, cash, CC, zippo, & a swiss army knife.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

Just sayin'............
    What fun is just going 55 oh wait maybe I wouldn't half to replace my rear tire at 1500 miles

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder ri View Post
    Otter-

You were one hell of a blocker... Glad someone else said it first!
    Thanks. It was a lot of fun. I have to admit though, I have never done a burn out or other such things. Guess that's why I replaced my rear tire at 8000 miles instead of 1500. What is really interesting is that I have about 6000 miles on this car tire and it practically looks new. I have never had any traction or handling issues either. I guess the stock tire is just a piece of .

Just sayin'............
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............