Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Do the have Rocky Road??
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

also. I think its time for some ice cream. The thread about an oil leak has taken a southerly turn. Let's get along, keep it going about oil leaks if necessary, and not get into a fight over other things.

I have not had a problem with mine, so did not say much in here.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default New Oil Leak

[QUOTE=ulflyer;842350]
    Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    ALL THESE REPORTS OF LEAKS.......

[/QUOTE]

Only a hand-full got past the dealerships early on. If there's been any recent ones most likely it was the dealer who failed to make the very minor repair before it was sold. Mine was "fixed" even tho it never leaked a drop.
    I have a recent one, oil leak that is. And, it ain't from the "screw" where most of the reported leaks have been. My leak is from the oil tank that's on the rear of the motor (as diagnosed by my dealer tech). Dealer ordered parts needed to fix, parts came in, dropped bike off on 7 Jul, tech started disassembly (motor has to be removed) and discovered tranny needed to be removed to get oil tank off (service manual did not so state), more parts needed to be ordered, those parts ordered 9 Jul and received yesterday, 15 Jul, work will not be completed this week.

See my post (Spyder-less for Awhile) in the 1330 forum with pictures.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Do the have Rocky Road??
    They got Gator Flavor That pic is from my back door by the way
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool... Belts and boots on the hoof!

Spyder Garage

Also, handbags and wallets.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But I only need a new belt right now...
    And I'd like some fancy boots!

Spyder Garage

But I only need a new belt right now...
    And I'd like some fancy boots!
    Sorry, just the old leatherman coming out a bit. And yes, I had alligator and croc skins. (South American).
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 07-17-2014 at 03:11 PM.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Well he is 12-14ft and I do not think his 2, 8-10ft brothers or his 10 ft girlfriend would be amused. He bellows like a bull ( bovine) and vibrates my house sometimes.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It sounds as if his family re-unions are very memorable...

Spyder Garage

Default It becomes very clear

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ....Dave , I'm with you on this one ......Here is a short answer, Dealers may not be Happy if you don't buy from them because ............"THEY MAKE APPROX.$ 4000 TO $ 6000 + IN EACH NEW SPYDER " they sell..................MSRP, is a joke .....Mikeguyver
    you do not even have a clue on unit profit at a dealership. Just one thought, have you ever thought of overhead?
    Doug Barnes
    James 4:17

all on two wheels. More on four or more. Guess I may need to start multi-coloring for three wheels.

Spyder Garage

Vin008 no oil leaks, ( I have not been home long enough to fine out, ) with 372 miles on it. Deanna777
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Default 2014 RT-S

Mine has a 1000 miles on it not a drop anywhere, oil level still full. MarucsB

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default YEP

Quote Originally Posted by MidTNDawg View Post
    you do not even have a clue on unit profit at a dealership. Just one thought, have you ever thought of overhead?
    .......Yep your right I'm clueless .....and you arn't and I'm very glad there a people like you who are Happy to pay M.S.R.P. or more ....because then I can Pay waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less and save a few thousand $$$$$$$$$.............................I certainly hope you got your R*cks off on this post .................I know I did ......Mikeguyver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Michael...
    Play nice, or we'll have Dee take your keys away!

Spyder Garage

Problem is everybody wants to say how great the 14's are, but in reality there's been nothing but problems- brakes, oil leaks, clutch, tires, rear shock, ignition, alignment, loose bolts, fuel pumps, etc. The list goes on , most of it should be corrected by BRP and you would think they would have cleaned it up by now. The rest is due to a bad delivery at dealer by undertrained techs. Should not be swept under the rug like it's no big deal.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    Yes I have a workable answer Bob just like at Spyder fest or OE they have at least 1 BRP trained (and paid by BRP not the dealer) tech at each dealership that sells their products. He can give real time feedback to headquarters and accurate answers to customers. Obviously this may cost them money but they may be able to rotate them around 1 week at a time. For example we have 5 dealers in SC assign at least 2 regional techs that spend at least 1 week a month at each one of them. I am sure the dealers are up for free tech work. The dealers could advertise what weeks they will be in town. It is up to BRP to restore confidence not dealers who could care less. Most OEM vehicle builders have regional reps.
    Love this idea, just keep rotating them, maybe they could train the techs while they're there, since most dealer techs do there training on the internet.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by The-BigDog-30 View Post
    Problem is everybody wants to say how great the 14's are, but in reality there's been nothing but problems- brakes, oil leaks, clutch, tires, rear shock, ignition, alignment, loose bolts, fuel pumps, etc. The list goes on , most of it should be corrected by BRP and you would think they would have cleaned it up by now. The rest is due to a bad delivery at dealer by undertrained techs. Should not be swept under the rug like it's no big deal.
    Agree! No more or less problems than before really......However, All the 14' owners are just happy they can putter around at near idle, get a bit better gas mileage, and not feel any heat off the motor.

Not really my thing, but I get it....

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Sounds like a random problem. May be that someone on the assembly line had some bad days. Maybe didn't think they needed to use the locktite promoter or they were not applying enough locktite, who knows.

No one is saying this is ideal nor is anyone making excuses for BRP. Everyone agrees that every new Spyder should be perfect. Still, the fact is that we know they aren't all going to be perfect.

On a scale of 1-10, this is about a 1/2 . Once it is fixed you should never have any more issues. Your future is very bright!
    Planning on checking mine. Sad thing is, was at the dealer for service on Thursday and this never showed up on the recall checks. Will check my VIN number to see what mine it!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WELL.WELL.WELL

Michael...
    Play nice, or we'll have Dee take your keys away!
    .....Bob I certainly HOPE you sent HIM this message also because HIS language prompted mine ...........I never start any Fights BUT I will finish them ..........if attacked ..... .....Mikeguyver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you kids don't sit quietly back there; I swear that I'll turn this car around, and take us home!
    I don't care who started what!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Looks like the inmates are getting cranky again at the old folks home...... must be nap time, or someone got a larger helping of peas than another person....

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    Looks like the inmates are getting cranky again at the old folks home...... must be nap time, or someone got a larger helping of peas than another person....
    The drug guy was late making his rounds. You got any of that ice cream left?