Thread: 2014 Oil Leak

Hybrid View

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SAPD911 View Post
    I just found my leak, have 35 miles , 2014 RTS. front right dripping from the plastic underneath. Nothing has fell to the floor but the plastic has oil droplets!
    The plastic isn't leaking...it is just catching the leaks. You still haven't found the source.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    The plastic isn't leaking...it is just catching the leaks. You still haven't found the source.
    No I haven't but it all points to the clutch screw. Taking it to the dealer Tuesday. That's what warranties are for.

http://www.spydertechnician.com/dlfi...et%20Screw.pdf

Spyder Garage

Default What approx VIN number (or build date) did the oil leak get fixed????

Does anyone know approx. when this oil leak was fixed at the factory....i.e. did it happen in the first 500 VIN numbers or ???? Any reference build date and/or VIN range?

Thanks for any help here....I'll check as I go!
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JLSpyder2012 View Post
    Does anyone know approx. when this oil leak was fixed at the factory....i.e. did it happen in the first 500 VIN numbers or ???? Any reference build date and/or VIN range?

Thanks for any help here....I'll check as I go!
    My vin is 570 and I have a leak.

Spyder Garage

My Dealer told me the 08-09s have had the least problems of ALL he has seen ?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

i have VIN # 330 and no leak, so it appears that some of the earlier releases will have the problem, but it is easily fixed by a competent dealer.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Addressed by Dealer Beore Delivery

My RT Limited came in Tuesday and my dealership said they had already been notified by BRP about the problem so they made sure the problem was addressed before I took delivery. I've put about 300 miles on mine and have had no signs of leaks.

Spyder at Home.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    very nice...

But of course; you ARE correct; the leak is still upstream of the puddle...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Just a .02 Back to my consumer advocacy mode.

Fortunately, the oil leak is just a small glitch. It needs to be addressed and fixed promptly. A $30K machine should be coming out of the dealer without a leak that they now know about. They need to get their act together. Machines should now be coming from the factory--with no leaks.

The quicker they get it solved, the quicker it will go away. BRP needs a good year with the 2014's, and I think they know it. That is in our favor.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red